• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

bull snake raiding swallow nests from a bridge outdoor life

Started by vayotehowler, August 30, 2010, 08:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

THAT ...is friggin crazy!

How'd do ya spose he looked up at that and anticipated his approach to it? Thats amazing in itself.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 30, 2010, 09:03:45 PM
How'd do ya spose he looked up at that and anticipated his approach to it? Thats amazing in itself.

Experience would be my guess.  Got lucky once and then tried again.  Probably a male snake :shrug:

Now what's with all these snake pics in the beginning of hunting season :wo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Dont worry Barry. The Highly Poisonous Canadian Meat Eating Red Breasted Double Tailed Snow Snake that sprays paralyzing venom a minimum of 125 yards is extinct as of 2009  
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

vayotehowler

i like some snakes , had a guy wanna give me a 150.00 red tail boa free acouple weeks ago and wife wouldnt let me have it  :madd: :madd: :madd: :madd:. wanted asnake since was 5 yrs old and she rained on my parade, boooo

pitw

Quote from: vayotehowler on August 30, 2010, 09:43:15 PM
i like some snakes , had a guy wanna give me a 150.00 red tail boa free acouple weeks ago and wife wouldnt let me have it  :madd: :madd: :madd: :madd:. wanted asnake since was 5 yrs old and she rained on my parade, boooo

Give your wife a high 4 and a half for me :biggrin:.

vayotehowler

yeah still geekin about that I really wanted that snake . will tell her u approve . she a good gal we have a 2yr old and 4 yr old might be best for now, he or she was about 18" long and would grow to about 10-14 feet .

Hawks Feather

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 30, 2010, 09:26:17 PM
Dont worry Barry. The Highly Poisonous Canadian Meat Eating Red Breasted Double Tailed Snow Snake that sprays paralyzing venom a minimum of 125 yards is extinct as of 2009  

Jim,

I think I recently heard that while this one "technically" is no longer around, that a mutated version has come along that makes this one look like a "wanna be".  The new strain seems to like the snow and cold and has adapted so that it can become active in winter when other animals start to rest up.  On top of that it has night vision which allows it to seek out food sources then as well as during the day.  So far they have been found in the western 1/3 of Canada, but it will probably just be a matter of time until they start moving toward the states.  Then again the ants that were expected to eat most of the states seems to have stalled, so maybe this strain of snake will stay in the colder climates of Canada.  I am just glad that I don't live there.  I can't imagine what I would do if I stopped on some cold snowy evening to take a leak and had one of these critter come up out of the snow.  Either that or be sleeping soundly and have one of those night visioned snakes come along and crawl in bed with me.  From what I have read, the worst thing about this strain is that the bite does not immediately kill you, but does cause the body to become unable to move.  Then the snake takes his time and the person/animal slowly dies a slow and extremely painful death.  Like I said before, I am glad that I don't live in the western Canada area.  Can you imagine the fear that you would live in never knowing when or where one of these (winter loving) snakes would show up?  Kind of gives a person the chills.

Jerry

pitw

OK pinheads I'll relate a true story from a couple weeks ago.  There I was sitting on the edge of a bush just watching to see what I could see and while doing this I was [as usual] thinking about forum issues :eyebrow:.  I was paying particular attention in my mind to John P's garden snake when all of a sudden there was a scurrying in the grass.  Well the five deer exited the field rather rapidly after I emerged from the bush doing 23 foot steps :laf: :laf:.   Like a coyote I had did the immediately run thing and assess the danger from over there thingy they do better than any animal on our planet.  I slowly crept back to find the culprit and it was my coke bottle that had fell over and slid down towards me :whew:.  I'm afraid of snakes and I don't care :noway:.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: pitw on August 31, 2010, 08:14:55 AM
I'm afraid of snakes and I don't care :noway:.

I know.  That is why I posted the warning.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bambam

I used to kill every snake I saw, but I won't kill a non-poisonous one now. I killed a big blacksnake once and it had 5 adult mice in it's stomach. I hate mice more than snakes, they carry a lot more diseases.

vayotehowler

yeah pythons grow to about 20 feet plus , boas are a little smaller 10 feet . there is a reticaulated python in captivity that is 32 feet long , hanta virus would run rampant not mention other diseases if we killed em they have their job to do , like sharks . This will get you guys going too. I am a scuba diver and several years ago went to the bahamas and did a shark feed dive with carribean reef sharks . No cage and like 25-30 sharks swimming around and have a pic of a 6-7 footer with his right pectoral fin touching my arm. I also did one on my honeymoon in st maarten . My wife was asked a blue million times if the insurance was paid up, sharks and and snakes all have their place in gods world to do a job.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

"snakes all have their place in gods world to do a job." :biggrin:

We would be over run with ground squirrels and pack rats if not for the snakes.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

vvarmitr

Dang!  :holdon:  That bad boy snagged a bird right outta the air!  :shock2:
Then dropped off the bridge like one of those flying snakes of Borneo.  :eyebrow:

Hate to see he ate swallows. :rolleye: They eat mosquitoes.  :eyebrow:
Then again mosquitoes probably don't bite snakes so why would he care & if they did how would they scratch their itch?  Maybe? ......
http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=12540.msg141763#msg141763
"snakes do have a spur on either side near their vent(CLOACHA) said ala crazy croc wrasslin bloke (rip steve) looks like a finger naill someone cut off and stuck in its side"
:shrug:

vayotehowler

some male snakes have a spur for tickling the female to coax her to have sex. google snake spurs and will see pictures  of some , some of the snakes at the reptile show went to had spurs, the cloacha is the vent (anus and sex organs located here) on alligators and snakes, the spurs are reallly cool looking there are several pics on the link belowhttp://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS378US378&q=snake%20spurs&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1345&bih=531      warning there be snakes here

pitw

Quote from: vayotehowler on September 03, 2010, 05:23:17 PMgoogle snake spurs and will see pictures  of some , 

Like there's a chance in {L} that I'll be doing that. :rolleye: