• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

deep sea fishing

Started by golfertrout, December 18, 2010, 04:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golfertrout

while you guys are freezing your butts off i will be on the ocean looking for tuna,mackeral,blues and everything else that swims :hahaha: hopefully i will have some pics for you :eyebrow: one of the guys i met down here has a boat and offered to take me out  :eyebrownod:     so im taking him up on the offer :shrug:.   hope i dont get sea sick :puke:

Bills Custom Calls

Hey I heard that some hookers can swim  :laf:

Sounds like to much fun Hope you have a great time
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

CCP

QuoteHey I heard that some hookers can swim
:laf: @ Bill

Make sure you get LOTS of PICTURES!!!!!!!!!
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

Quote from: golfertrout on December 18, 2010, 04:29:30 AM
one of the guys i met down here has a boat and offered to take me out  :eyebrownod:     so im taking him up on the offer :shrug:.   

Dave!  Make sure you know which side he is batting for first!    :alscalls:

alscalls

If ya get sick......... just tell em yer chumming.......and keep fishing.... :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Dave

Make sure your new friend doesn't play the banjo.  :fingerx:

alscalls

AL

Okanagan

Good on you, Dave!  I am flat out envious.   Icy rain here blowing hard and trying to turn into snow.  Make a cast for me as well.

golfertrout

well got back from the rough sea and i never got sea sick :biggrin: never made it out for the tuna cause it was a bit rough, gonna try again next week :highclap: no banjos, no hookers just some spanish mackeral

on the road

Dan and his son John getting the boat ready

feeding the pelicans

hopefully gonna get a few of these next week

pretty good trip :eyebrow: hope to get some biggens next time.  we probable caught 100 mackeral today but alot was small :biggrin:

dinner :yoyo:

coyote101

Looks like a great time Dave. Keep after em.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

I like the looks of that last picture.

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 18, 2010, 03:02:27 PM
I like the looks of that last picture.

Jerry

Oh so true ;yes;

Where did the term "Wholly Mackerel come from" :confused:.   Dave it's -10F here today and I'm kinda/sorta wishing I was where you are except I ain't seeing no coyotes there :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

alscalls

Dave, my wife said fer ya to bring a big mess back with ya and she would can some.....  :wink:
AL

Okanagan

WTG!  I sure like the look of that boat.  It is built for pure fishing!

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on December 18, 2010, 05:40:06 PMIt is built for pure fishing!

As opposed to  :shrug:.  Looks like a good place to play with a hooker to me :laf: :laf:.

golfertrout

holly mackeral them was some good eaten :laf: my first fish i had on i was fighting it standing up and a wave knocked me on my arse.lol after that i was in the sit down mode. Al there probable wont be much left to can :hahaha: they say its not very good frozen, you gotta eat it fresh :wink:

HaMeR

Holy mackeral slayers gofertrout!!  :laf: :laf:  That sure is a nice mess of fish you guys hooked.  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on December 18, 2010, 05:57:01 PM
Quote from: Okanagan on December 18, 2010, 05:40:06 PMIt is built for pure fishing!

As opposed to  :shrug:.  Looks like a good place to play with a hooker to me :laf: :laf:.

Keeping this on the straight and narrow   :wink: -- the boat is designed to let a fisherman walk all the way around it easily while playing a fish in any direction.  Ski boats and play boats usually have a "dashboard" all the way across with a big covered section over the front third or more of the bow end.  If a fish runs under the bow to the other side, it is hard for the fisherman to get the line clear around the bow, and he has to clamber up onto the bow deck, etc.  A salmon guide friend of mine from Vancouver Island went with me to fish salmon with some cousins of mine on the Olympic Peninsula.  As we drove home with coolers full of fish, the guide laughed as soon as we got alone in the pickup.  He said that he knew they were hard core fishermen and we would catch fish as soon as he saw their boat.  It was stripped of everything inside, cleared for fighting fish and handling them once netted.

pitw

Thanks Okanagan  :bowingsmilie:.  Never thought about it much I guess but now that I think about it your absolutely right. :readthis:.  Shows how much fishing I do eh :doh2:.

golfertrout