• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

#2 down

Started by markTNhunter, April 13, 2011, 08:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

slow start this morning temperatures were in the low 40's turkeys werent sayin a word finaly about 10:00 the sun started to warm things up and we heard 2 distant gobbles and man did we have a walk gettn to em off a big ridge down a big holler and up another finaly slip with in 75 yards of one of em got set and called to this bird for an hour and a half he was back and fourth an old logging road blowing the tree tops out gobbling just never could pull him to us he went silent wandered off,so we backed out and went back to the truck.we drove a couple miles up the road walk about 200 yards out an old logging road struck one under the hill got set had ole doug with me again double team calling 2 minutes he was on us shot him 25 yards.

img]        img]

markTNhunter

20 lbs 6 oz  10 in. beard

FinsnFur

NNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnice! :yoyo:
How many birds you allowed?  Man it's like Thanksgiving every day :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

KySongDog

Nice one!    :congrats:

I wonder if the 10 am bird got with hens and then went silent.   :wo:

markTNhunter

Semp that more than likly what happen we sit there an hour after he hushed and we heard a hen yelping every once in awhile,i killed this one about 1:00 he was all alone took about 2 min. after we sit to call him up.

JIM you can take 4 birds in Tennessee

HaMeR

Monday is fast approaching now & I'll be out there trying again!! Congratulations on a nother fine bird!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Ol joe

shaddragger

Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

lacie23