• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Show Case - Kee's Custom Calls/Kee's Productions

Started by keekee, March 02, 2007, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Featured Call

A Little about the call.

This is a two piece style call inspired by the THO style call. The mouth piece is made from pecan wood and the bell of the call from East India Rosewood. It is finished with Teak oil and wax and sealed inside and out. It featured a lanyard groove in the body of the call, and is signed and dated on the bell.

The Call Builder

My name is Brent Saxton. I go by Keekee on all the forums, that name was giving to me when I was calling in Turkey calling contests all the time. I am 37 years old and have been married to fine women for 12 years now. With three wonderful children! I started Predator calling before I could walk threw the knee high weeds. My grandfather took me and made me stand in the truck window and watch, then progressed to calling some myself and trapping. I ran a trap line of 60-120 traps for most of my youth years, anything from Fox to Muskrats, Beaver, Coon and Mink.

I hunted just about anything I could in my youth from Groundhogs to Deer, Bear, Elk or anything else I could get in there. Once I reached the age of 18 I decided to start building calls. I started with Turkey calls, that was my passion at the time, we had just got a season here and I had the fever! That progressed to building a lot of other calls, Crow, Deer, Diaphragm calls, Duck and Goose calls. Form there I started my first business selling and building calls. In pursuit of this business it took me to sport shows and calling contest across the country. I got the opportunity to call and be friends with some of the best hunters and calls in the country, from the Realtree boys, Dick Clevenger, Water Parrot, Chris Parish, Preston Pittman, and many more. And compete in some great contests from State titles to the grand Nationals in anything from Turkey calling to Deer, Ducks, Geese, Predators and Elk, the world all abounds, And Owl hooting.

After awhile the traveling and contest calling got old, I sold out to another call company and got into building for wholesale dealers. Then that lead to my start in the predator call building. With the love and passion of making calls and calling Critters I found my way to making Predator calls. And I have found a new home. I still love to build Turkey calls and anything that has to do with calling game but my heart is in the predator's hands now! It's an addiction that is over whelming! I still build wholesale calls for different company's but spend more time now developing my own line of calls and filming.

The Predator calls brought me to the point of starting Kee's Productions. A company that sells all different types of things from Production calls to sound Cd's, Video's and more. During this time I started filming for my first video and have since took on a partner "JD Piatt" And have three more video's in the works now. The Seminar series Video's and one more video to be announced soon! Along with some production calls that I think will flat kill some predators! Along with allot of other Predator related products. And hope to keep expanding!

I need to give credit to some major influences in my call building, calling and filming, One of my best friends Rich Higgins, Jay Nistetter, Al form THO calls, Steve Barbour, Lance Hoffman, Chris Parish, Dick Clevenger, Sly Dog, Todd Rahm, Walter parrot, Richard Baxter, Major Boddicker and Jerry Blair who I looked up to as a kid and still do and many more I could go on forever, but many, many thanks to all that helped me on my path of the Predator addiction! But most of all from the guys and gals that buy the products and there feed back! And the people who take these calls out and have faith in using them! Many, Many THANKS!

"Keep Callen"
Brent Saxton
Kee's Productions

Contact the call builder:

Builder: Brent Saxton
Company: Kee's Custom Calls/Kee's Productions
404 Little Solida Rd
South Point, Ohio

Check out these fine products and more at:
http://www.keescalls.com
E-mail to:
keescalls@keescalls.com
Or Call:
Monday – Saturday 9:00am – 5:00PM
(740)894-5619

studabaka

Cool idea. Nice call. Kinda reminds me of the THO bonker calls.... so remind me  :confused: which end do I blow in when I win it?
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

cb223

I like the call.

One of these days I'd like to get a wingbone turkey call from you.
CHAD

Carolina Coyote

This is a good looking call Brent, I like the life story about yourself, can you also tell us about the Call ? What you do with it ? What sounds ? Being new to the sport these may be dumb questions but right now I want to know how to use them. This Predator Hunting is very addictive and I am an Old man and need to learn fast. Carolona Coyote

dukxdog

Interesting call. My mom used to use something like it to darn socks with. Bet it sounds good!
LIFE MEMBER NRA & GOA
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense."
"On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who, on the dawn of victory, lay down their weary heads resting...and there resting, died."

keekee

Carolina Coyote,

The call is a two piece call design inspired by the THO call. The mouth piece is turned from Pecan wood and the body of the call from East India Rosewood. It features a lanyard groove in the bell of the call. This helps keep the lanyard pulled away from you face when using the call.

I can set the voice of these calls to: Jack Rabbit, Cottontail Rabbit, Fawn Distress, Adult Deer distress, Bird Distress, Chicken distress, or a mix of Jack/Cottontail.

They are fairly loud calls and have a mellow ring to them. The mouth piece design makes for comfortable use and allows the user to control the call well. I would call these a mid range call. (But thats with my calling style) For some they maybe loud or soft.

Surprisingly these little calls don't take much air to blow. The bell of the call allows for good hand control to add or take away back pressure as well.

I have one of these on my lanyard that I use for a mid range call, that is tuned for cottontail distress. I will use this call right after my low volume distress at the start of the stand. I have a diffrent calling style than most, I'm not afraid to run several diffrent calls and sounds on the same stand. This call fits in nice at the start of a stand.

Stu,

THO inspired this design from me. I wish you luck in the drawing! Thanks for the kind words!

cb223,

Thanks! I build around 30 wingbones a year, depending on how many wings I can get my hands on. This year I have sold all but 14 of the 30 so far. I love these little calls for spring or fall season. Wingbones seem to just have a ring to them that Turkeys like. Before I ever made one of my own I bought a custom Larry devar wingbone. I still have it and use it allot. Thats what got me hooked on them!

Brent

THO Game Calls

KeeKee,

You featured a beautiful call.   It shows off your talents very nicely.

As for it looking like one of my "Bonker" calls....

One of the best things that can happen to a call maker is to influence another call makers work.  It's an honor to know that someone of KeeKee's skill thinks enough of something I did to use the idea and interpet it in his own way.  Kee did that, and he did it extremely well.   It's a wonderful call. 

Good job all the way around Brent.   Story, call, everything.   

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Member - Custom Call Makers & Collectors Guild & Call Makers & Collectors Association of America

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

KySongDog

KeeKee

That's a great looking call and a very nice write-up about yourself.  I doubt I could do the call justice in the field but it would be fun trying! 

Great job!   :congrats:

Bob D

Brent,
Nice call. I've never seen pecan used for a call. Why is the call a two piece call?
Bob

Bills Custom Calls

Nice call,and Good reading what more could you ask for.

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Brent,

Nice looking call and the write-up was even better.

Jerry

keekee

THO,

Thank you very much sir! Very nice comments! Thanks!

Semp,

I think you could do a fine job! Don't try and fool these guys!

bnccont,

Thank you Sir!

Bob D,

I made these as a two piece call instead of laminating the wood togeather. It makes it easer for me to change up the wood combinations till I get what I think looks good. Not always does two pieces of wood complement each other and if they are glued up then it to late. With the two piece calls, I can turn the body of the call then match the mouth piece to the wood that I think looks the best. And if I don't like it, I can just turn another one till I get one I like the grain in or just looks like I want it.

And I still have the option of incoperating some lamination into these calls as well. (Already in the works...lol)

I done this for sound as well. Some woods just sound better to me than others. I can use a wood that has that ring I want and still get a two tone call, and still have the ring I like.

And with laminating it takes allot of prep work and if everything is not perfect it don't turn out well. And takes some major time if done right or something goes wrong.

Brent

keekee

Arkyyoter

Cool.......good job all the way around Brent.....the whole concept is very well thought out and I think a positive thing.

Joe

keekee

Thanks Joe! I hope to hear from you soon! :innocentwhistle:

Brent

fuzz624

Very nice call Brent.Now if i could just get them to sound like you do,i would be doing good.Great write up to.You are definetly a great caller,hunter,call maker,and a great person to know.Now all that is left is to hear some of your banjo picken.

Fuzz

FinsnFur

Quote from: fuzz624 on March 02, 2007, 11:25:19 PM

Now all that is left is to hear some of your banjo picken.

Fuzz

A gawd...can we please not go there   :madd:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

fuzz624

Jim,u just dont know what good music is. :rolleye:

kiyitec

I like the show case format.  Gives everyone A chance to know someone's story without picking it up and piecing it together over the course of time. 
  Thanks Brent!  ~KT

"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.