• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Still on a tangent.....

Started by Arkyyoter, March 04, 2007, 06:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

I made a couple for fun today....I really enjoy working with this horn.....it is new to me, and I really enjoy it!!

The small one is a butterscotch colored cow horn, mated to a piece of black horn.....the larger one is black cow horn, mated to Zebrawood...I was pretty lucky I guess, as they came together virtually seamless....they both have JC reed sleeves installed...and can be voiced to suit.

This is a new tangent for me, as inspired by Brandon's excellent work....it surely is interesting/challenging to me, but I love the look...

Thanks for lookin'...

Joe

RagnCajn

I like em Joe. Could I buy them as a set. Check your PM's
"Ain't never hit one yet, I didn't burn powder at."

Todd Rahm

Joe,

i like them both but I really like that lil' horn call, and if Rajn wasnt so fast I might have jumped at it.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

vvarmitr

I'm getting pissed :madd: :argh: :madd: :argh:
I've been trying to get one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the scotterbutch/black cow horn the best. I want, I want, I want!
How in the heck do you expect me to become a regular customer Joe if ya don't sell me one!

Arkyyoter

LOL....I am trying!!! I Love your new avatar :roflmao: :roflmao: :biggrin:

Joe

vvarmitr

Thanks. I'll trade ya fer a call. :biggrin:

Ladobe

It's well known I don't side with appraising calls just from a picture, or with all the "canned praise" that is so prevalent on the Internet now days.   But with the new poll and showcase options on FNF, maybe I'll have to learn to "bend" a little, especially when one really does catch my eye like some of the calls I've seen pictured here have.
(who said us old dogs can't learn new tricks IOW)   :wo:

I really do like the lines of that little horn call Joe - the pattern, the size and the balance of contrasting materials in it.   Although much shorter, its very similar in pattern to the rarer Shamu Rhino calls that Uncle Jay once made.   Horn has always been a favorite material for me just because few even learn how to work with it successfully.   Wouldn't have any reservations at all of putting this one on my call lanyard FWIW.

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Arkyyoter

Thank you so very much Ladobe....for a true master to pass such a compliment on something I made is absolutely fantastic. I thank you sincerely...

Joe

Jimmie in Ky

I got to agree Arky, that little cowhorn call is great. Thayt is truly an inspiring piece there. I like the size and look of it . Jimmie

Arkyyoter

Hawks Feather

Joe,

Looking at calls like this is something I missed while in DC.  It makes me glad to be back home.  Oh, yea, I missed my wife too.  If she visited Fins and Fur, I would have put her first.   :biggrin:

Jerry

RagnCajn

All I can say is WOW. This is a beeeuuutiful call. It is really small and had the smoothest finish I have ever seen on a horn call. Thanks Joe.
"Ain't never hit one yet, I didn't burn powder at."