• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Az Squirrel

Started by JohnP, March 27, 2013, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Don’t know if I posted this before or not.  If I did just consider my age and chalk it up to CRS.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Looks good Mr. JohnP. :highclap: You gotta love cast iron.  :yoyo: What is your weapon of choice?

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Rather unique color since we only have Red, Gray, and Black.  Looks good in the third picture.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Yah, very interesting colors on that critter compared to us frozen tundra white folk critters. :laf:
And I'm with Jerry...that third pic looks delicious! But you must have had more then one cause I know you didn't get all that off the one in the pic.
Who's call by the way? :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

That is an odd colored one there John... is he a tree climber or a ground digger?... my cur dog doesn't keep track of when squirrel season is and got tired of me not shooting one he had tree'd a couple days ago ... I had coyote hunting in mind, so after he tree'd for a while he decided he'd climb up after him... :alscalls: crazy dog...

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

JohnP

My squirrel rifle is a Ruger 10/22 and it's a shooter.  I probably have more money in it than some of my centerfires but is it ever a shooter.

Jim that caller was made by some rookie call maker who obviously does not know a thing about making calls.  But he kills a lot of groundhogs at a place called honey hole, think it's in PA.

Brad it's a tree dweller, called tassle eared or aberts.  But the heck with the squirrel, tell me about your cur.  Post some pictures of him.  We (I) been thinking about getting a cur.

P.S.  Did I mention my 10/22 is a shooter?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HuntnCarve

Ya Rascal John!  Been a long time since I wore the "rookie" moniker. :laf:  Ah well, I wish I was just starting out again.  The years have been rolling by quicker and quicker..At least you're putting that squirrel call to some use.  I wasn't certain whether to voice it in Spanish?  :confused: But figured I'd go with Yankee squirrel. :laf: Those are cool looking squirrels I must say. 
It would be nice to be able to use a 10/22 up in these parts, but sadly they are illegal for hunting with here in PA?  Can't use a semi rifle, or pistol here?  I own a 10/22  Stainless steel Target rifle that would be perfect for varmint hunting.  Oh well...

(Above) This was the last "Yankee" squirrel call this rookie made. LOL!  Sent it on down to the LBL for a prize.

Hope you get to do some more hunting, and keep the photos coming!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Hawks Feather

I about posted last night that the call looked like a HuntnCarve call.  Hind sight is now 20/20.

Jerry

Dave

Nice!  That third pic does look good. 
I recognized the call right away, too, Jerry.  Of course it helps when you own one.
I use mine the way it looks like John used his - lay it out on a stump like in the first pic above, and nail em when they come in for the giant acorn!

coyote101

Quote from: HuntnCarve on March 28, 2013, 06:53:31 AM

(Above) This was the last "Yankee" squirrel call this rookie made. LOL!  Sent it on down to the LBL for a prize.

HuntnCarve
Dave

And it was a thing of beauty.  :congrats: :congrats: I was really hoping my number would be drawn when that prize came up.

Quote from: Dave on March 28, 2013, 10:02:51 AM
I use mine the way it looks like John used his - lay it out on a stump like in the first pic above, and nail em when they come in for the giant acorn!

Now that's funny.  :alscalls: :alscalls:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nailbender

At first glance I thought that tree rat was just takin' a nap because it was too hot down there in the banana belt!    :laf: :eyebrow:

nailbender

2nd and 3rd pics cleared that up!  Made me hungry. :laf:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com