• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2020 LBL

Started by riverboss, February 09, 2020, 04:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

riverboss

Got home Friday, It was a roller coaster of weather!
Got there late sat night, Steve and I  hunted Sun morning, got up with Johnny at noon and we hunted till dark!
Steve missed one that afternoon, and Johnny had shot one that morning but couldn't find it 67 degrees for the high.
Monday Steve and I hunted all day and called in a cat and one coyote but no shot, 65degrees way to warm!
Tuesday the rain set in and it rained all day, we hunted all day long and saw 1 cat and 2 coyotes but you just couldn't hear them and only saw them as they were leaving.
We'd more rain, Called in 1 and Steve missed it! It was starting to get very tiring trying to keep dry I just started keeping my scope covers closed it cost me a bobcat!

Thursday the rain let up and temps started getting about right and it snowed some, about noon I killed a young female! Finally some fur on the ground!
We hunted till dark, Steve was going to leave Fri morning and I was going to hunt a half a day but woke to 23 degrees and snow! I was just worn out, I had been hot wet and just couldn't see freezing so I left when he did!

Saw several wrecks on the way home, didn't take many pics as I kept my phone in a ziplock bag the whole time to keep it dry.

Ticks we're out Sunday and Monday.

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

pitw

Thanks for the report.  Kinda wish I had seen a cat down there but the trees are better. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

slagmaker

Dang ticks and skeatters have no place on a hunt the first week of February.

Sounds like you had a good time
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

Ticks??? What the?
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you guys were doing. Good to see some fur on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Dan were you the only one there?  :confused:
Or is every one else still out there? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 16, 2020, 08:45:35 PM
Dan were you the only one there?  :confused:
Or is every one else still out there? :laf:

I think everyone is way out there dude.

riverboss

Jim I'm not sure! I'm surprised it has went this long with not anyone else posting anything.
This is a great time and it seems to be falling apart, attendance has been way down for the last few yrs, without peoples story's interest will continue to drop and before you know it it will be gone.

I wish I could stay for the big night but I just can't do it with my wife in the state she is in!
I hope we can get this hunt back on track, but if not I will continue to go down as I love LBL, and I love being able to hunt such a vast land with no one to ask if I can hunt.

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: riverboss on February 17, 2020, 06:09:44 AM
Jim I'm not sure! I'm surprised it has went this long with not anyone else posting anything.
This is a great time and it seems to be falling apart, attendance has been way down for the last few yrs, without peoples story's interest will continue to drop and before you know it it will be gone.

I wish I could stay for the big night but I just can't do it with my wife in the state she is in!
I hope we can get this hunt back on track, but if not I will continue to go down as I love LBL, and I love being able to hunt such a vast land with no one to ask if I can hunt.

I haven't made the last few years due to some health problems, but I agree with Dan without stories and pictures it will fall apart (SAD)
Fuzzy

KySongDog

I don't have any pics since the one I gut shot didn't hang around for the photo op.  I saw one other coyote and one bobcat but no shot presented itself.  The attendance is down but so is the number of coyotes seen.  Not like in years past so I'm wondering if disease or some other calamity happened to the coyotes.   It couldn't possibly be that the calling was not up to par.   :nono:   Dan ended up with the only coyote checked in.  This was way down from the year we had 17 on the ground.  I still had a good time.  Always good to see everyone who attended.

pitw

Seems to me when I was there I never saw a live coyote except for the one in camp that felt extremely safe. :laught17:  Didn't stop me from sharing pics and telling story's. :confused:  You guys got one [L] of a thing going on here and letting it die would be downright bad. :nofgr:  I mean didn't any one fart?
I say what I think not think what I say.

riverboss

Johnny I'm sure it wasn't the calling!
Warm weather really shut them down and the the rain washed away all sign, I was amazed at the roads that didn't have any tire tracks coming or going!

It I do believe numbered where down on coyotes, but I think it is up on bobcats.
I thought Jim ( frogman) would of posted some pics he was always a great story teller!
It was great to see everyone again the rain kept us drying cloths and cleaning guns every night which I know isn't a good excuse for not being more sociable, and taking more pics.
Cell phone service and Trump's impeachment didn't help much either.

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: pitw on February 17, 2020, 04:06:22 PM
Seems to me when I was there I never saw a live coyote except for the one in camp that felt extremely safe. :laught17:  Didn't stop me from sharing pics and telling story's. :confused:  You guys got one [L] of a thing going on here and letting it die would be downright bad. :nofgr:  I mean didn't any one fart?

Yep you would think everybodys camera broke
Fuzzy

FinsnFur

I get it. I was hoping something didnt go wrong or there was party splitting argument or altercation. I'm glad to hear there wasnt and that folks enjoyed themselves.
Now that you guys mention it, I wonder if Jims sick or away...he hasnt even been around the facebox either.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

slagmaker

I wish I could have made it this year but my vacation time kind of controls what I can do.

I know Fozzy started a new job and couldn't get time away.

I sure hope the attendance goes back up. Would hate to see this event die.

riverboss

It's always a great time it's just going to take alittle time to get things going with some kind of normal thing. There's a great fireplace under roof to get together and bull shit in the evenings!
We need to recruit a few new younger members who share the same ideas about hunting coyotes!
Face book is full of coyote hunters but all they care about is turning the sport of coyote hunting into money games!

It's getting ready to hit the status of deer hunting and keep alot of people from enjoying it.

That's what makes this hunt so special, it's hunters who respect the game they hunt and have lots of yrs of story's and knowledge to share, I've been hunt coyote for a long time but had never hunted them in woods like LBL has and couldn't figure it out, Ed and I started talking and I went down and hunted with him one day, he showed me what I needed to look for and I started going to the hunt.
It took my a few yrs to put it all together but without the help from him it might if took me 10 yrs to figure it out.

I've met some really good people over the yrs at LBL some of the best I know!  My life has been tough and I have trust issues, it takes me along time to trust people, this group means alot to me even if I don't show it.