• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tick wars!

Started by nastygunz, April 14, 2021, 11:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

For protection, “we like people to apply a tick repellant to their clothing,” such as permethrin. “There is a company in Greensboro, North Carolina called Insect Shield that treats clothing. Their prices are pretty reasonable,” he said. Insect Shield’s website (www.insectshield.com) claims that its EPA-registered product is invisible and odorless, and the company tested the product using United States Department of Agriculture guidelines.

URI’s website notes that, “A URI study found that people wearing permethrin-treated sneakers and socks were 73.6 times less likely to have a tick bite than those wearing untreated footwear.” Permethrin “is a stable, synthetic form of an insecticidal compound produced by the chrysanthemum flower.”

HaMeR

I learned of permethrin at LBL. Doug swore by it & Semp gave me his recipe to mix my own. Stuff works incredibly well.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

Ive been using it for years and very rarely get ticked. Spring turkey i spray boots, socks, pants, shirt, vest, hat, gloves, backpack, seat.

MI VHNTR

I've been using Insect Shield, ElimiTick, Cabela's, etc. permethrin clothing for years. The stuff is fantastic. No tick problems at all while using it.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

JohnP

As strange as it may sound we are not bothered by ticks out here.  I have never had to remove a tick from any of our dogs and only a few from the horses and none from us.  The deer seem to have plenty as you can see them from just a short distance away.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

When I was a kid we didn't have coyotes ticks turkey vultures, turkeys or possums, now we have all of them.

JohnP

So what's the cause?  Are they like liberal Democrats, just jump from this state to that state, until they got all fifty covered? :shrug:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

The turkeys were introduced, all the rest of them they say are a result of warming temperatures.  The coyotes are just naturally spreading everywhere.  There's definitely been a migration of liberal Democrats that's for sure and they're worse than the ticks and you can't kill them with chemicals legally anyways  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin: