• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

How about some SHEEP

Started by The Rock, July 15, 2007, 06:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

These sheep were shot in Feb of 2006 which is old news

but, I just barely got mine back from the taxidermist last week and decided to show that off too!  :biggrin:

Those two rams are over 30"  on both horns. The ewe in the mount was waiting for a mate for about 8 years.  :shrug:

Hawks Feather

Nice looking sheep.  One man, two guns, two sheep - you are quite the hunter.   :wink:   Where were those taken?

Jerry

The Rock

Jerry, It was hard packing the two rifles but, when I shot the sheep it got a little bit harder. :confused:

They were taken in NM about 120 miles from the house. :innocentwhistle:

studabaka

Cool ..... give us some of the story...or at least tell how ya got them out. They look pretty chunky
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

The Rock

Well,

My buddy Richard and I were in the third weekend of the hunt and decided to try some new territory. We unloaded the 4-wheelers and took of in the freezing weather. A little frozen rain, sleet, and snow were not very pleasent on the 4- wheeler ride in. I stopped and let him get up to me and started to plan out a hunting route. We drop a 4-wheeler and go to another spot and hunt back to a 4-wheeler. No back tracking on tired legs that way. Anyway while I was pointing up to a saddle in the top of a canyon those two sheep were running across the ridge up there. Richard started yelling sheep and gun came out quick. We took of up the hill to cut them off as they came by and ran into them on the way. It was pretty tough work for the 300 RUM and the 7MM STW at about 80 and 100 yds.  :shrug:  Sometimes I'd rather be lucky than good!  :wo:

Oh, On packing them out. We drove the 4-wheelers right to them.  :biggrin: We only made it about 200 yds from them on our sprint up that just about killed our out of shape asses. :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.