• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

blues in surf

Started by frshwtr, September 24, 2007, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frshwtr

camped at indian river inlet, delaware for a long weekend. in the surf there were blues all over the place , not big but eager. bait of choice was whole finger mullet but chunks of mullet or bunker worked also. fish the inlet for a short period and the people fishing live bait ( finger mullet and/or spot where catching blues up to 24" and some real nice flounder. all i got was 3 throwbacks on a jig tipped with a gulp twister.

keekee

Sounds like fun. I just got back from NC myself. Mullet everywere! Easy pickens in the cast nets. Lots of Blues as well. We run them for bait for Kings. Had several days we cought well over 100 blues. Kings showed up at the end of the week, and so did the big Spanish Macs. Weather sucked but the fishing was good.

Brent

Red Dog

Will be going down to OBX the end of Oct.Hope the fish are still on. Going to take a charter out for tuna and do some pier fishing. :yoyo:

frshwtr

go get them fellows, had been scheduled to go to indian river inlet for a week in october, like to fish (well actually feed) the taug at that time. also usually some good fishing for blues in the surf. last year at that time i also got some keeper trout in the surf. had to cancel out some physical problem will have me tied up for about to month while i recieve treatments.

keekee

Red Dog,

The OBX should be good for Cobia in Oct. I'm not sure what the water temp is there now but I do know a friend of mine got two nice Cobia this week.

We got a couple nice Trout this trip down, one around 3.8 pounds and another just short of 5 pounds. A few nice flounder as well we had a couple in the 20" class. Some nice sheep head and Spade fish as well. Spanish was the fish of the week. With several in the 5 pound range and a couple real nice Kings. All the Kings were over 20 pounds and one in the upper 30's. No schooled kings the were all good size fish.

I did see were some of my friends got into some small snake kings this week, some as small as 6 pounds.

Brent

Red Dog

Brent.
Thanks for the info.Just hope we don't get a big blow.We had a cold spell last year. I was the only guy fishing the pier.But i went to fish

keekee

The reds should be moving in down there soon as well.  It could turn out to be a real good trip if the water temps down take a plunge. That water down there gets cold allot quicker. Even if it does, get you some sand fleas, there will be some sheephead on the pier pilons and some Black drum as well. You going to fish Avon Pier?

Brent

Red Dog

Brent;
We fish Avon,and the one at Nags Head.Have a charter set up too. :yoyo:

keekee

The off shore trip should be awesome! The water temps off shore should be perfect!

Have fun and take a ton of pictures!

Brent

Red Dog

Will do!! Let you know how I do!!