• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bow Deer Contest Discussion

Started by FinsnFur, September 02, 2007, 05:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Quote from: wv_yoter on September 03, 2007, 10:43:44 AM
How long will the contest last because I'm sure every states season dates are different? And how about scoring the racks, Pope & Young or do you have something else in mind. How much money?

We'll have to find out when the earliest season opener is and the latest closing.
I think it'd be too difficult to run full fledged Pope & Scoring unless everyone is going to take the time to forward us their scoring papers etc. I't be much easier for everyone to lay a tape on their rack, take a pic and we'll look for the widest one.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

Sounds like fun to me! I'm in.

Mi bow season Oct. 1 - Nov. 14   Dec. 1 - Jan. 1.
CHAD

FinsnFur

Anyone that wants in...post your bow season, yeah.
That'll save me some leg work. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

wv_yoter

Jason

awh

Oct 6 - Nov 16
Dec 3 - Jan 5

Me and Cam are in. But it will be just the turd entering. He wants one with a bow and I'm ,as of now, won't be carrying mine along on his hunts to give him a chance. (Guess we better get him a bow and let him shoot some huh... :roflmao:)
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Silencer

I'm not sure if I'm going but I know my brother UnleashedFurry is.   

Here's our dates :  Sept. 29-Nov. 10 and Dec. 26-Jan. 12

Blackfish, if you lived closer I have 3 trad recurve bows and 2 compounds sitting here collecting dust.

blackfish

Thanks Silencer, I was just messing with "The Master Buck Slayers ",Bob & Bill!!!!! :laf:   These Boys need  to be close at hand ,can't let'em get out there too far!   :iroll:   I usally hunt with Traditional Bows ,Osage  English Longbow and a couple of stick bows. But if it gets real cold ,I'll take out an Old beat up cross bow. I find it kinda hard to hold the weight of the longbows in the sub - zero weather now that I'm getting up around the speed limit! :laf:
   I was just thinking that when the rut comes in ,a man could do real well driving the back roads around here with one of those fellows truck!!!!Ohiohas a super  bow season starts This year Sept. 29 and runs till the First weekend in Feb.
                                                                                          Thanks again ,Jimmie
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

bowslinger

i'm in since i just moved back to newyork i need to check when the season opens

FinsnFur

We got two seasons here, so far if I go off both those seasons all you guys will be covered. I think Wis starts Sept 15th, but keep your dates coming so someone dont get left behind.

Or we could just go Sept to Feb 1st. That would cover you all?....no?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

iahntr

I'll get in on this one. Iowa dates- Oct 1st - Nov 30,  and Dec 17 - Jan 10
Scott

studabaka

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

cb223

I guess I need to find a new spot to hunt or just be in the photo contest.

Thread Hijack
I got told by MY FRIEND that I can't shoot bucks off his property!!!   :madd: :madd:  The bucks I've got the last few years were bigger than his!!! :hahaha:
He figures if I can't shoot them he has a better chance!!

Sorry, I'm a little pissed right now!!!!! :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:
CHAD

FinsnFur

I was hoping you were gonna follow that with a "he was kidding me",  :huh: But you didn't.

That sucks...guess you know where he sits on the wedding invitation list uh?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

BasinBoy

hey jimbo. ya think we should have a different catergory for the muleys and whitetail cause compared to whitetail a big muley buck would dwarf a whitetail buck. o ya. and im a thinkin we need a muzzleloader season contest to :biggrin:

bigben

I am in but I think that a best photo contest is better then biggest rack JMHO.  I am plannin on actually getting out a bit this year.  I know the pa game news has a best photo contest and it seems to be pretty good.

and if you are going to do a muzzle loader season no inlines.  just flinch locks and percussion lock.  JMHO
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

FinsnFur

Yeah, I think we'll go with one for best rack on a whitetail, since there's a majority of whitetail hunters. And then another for Best photograph that every bow kill could fall into. From a pigeon to a coyote...but during hooved season only.

Neither of the categorys will be better then the other. They'll be equal but about different details.

I'll make an official post 2night and we'll get this puppy launched.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bushmaster

I'm under NC rules, stu knows it all. 

I NEED ARROWS!!!![/size]  Do any of you guys shoot carbon through a recurve???  I always used cedar,  but I need insight FAST!!!
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

studabaka

I'm using carbon with mechanicals in a compound...... per NC regs...

"Bow and arrow hunting is limited to longbows and recurve bows having a minimum pull of 40 pounds and compund bows with a minimum pull of 35 pounds. Only arrows with a fixed minimum broadhead width of 7/8 inch or a mechanically opening broadhead with a minimum width of 7/8 inch in the open position may be used for taking bear, deer, wild boar, or wild turkey."
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

bowjunkie

Quote from: bushmaster on September 13, 2007, 10:20:06 PM
I'm under NC rules, stu knows it all. 

I NEED ARROWS!!!![/size]  Do any of you guys shoot carbon through a recurve???  I always used cedar,  but I need insight FAST!!!

I have shot goldtip 75/95xts outa my recurve they fly pretty well