• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

4-wheelers while coyote hunting

Started by browning204, September 18, 2007, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

how many people take there quad coyote hunting?

couple of questions, do you think it spooks everything enough to ruin your stands?

Mine is yellow, would it make a difference to have a camo job seeing how it will still smell like gas, oil and whatever else.

I know coyotes adapt to noises they hear alot so lets just say I ride mine into a area that typically no other quads go into

did I just ruin the area or is some quite time good enough to put the possible critters back at ease and call-able.

remeber, I hunt pretty small, thick stuff. No open prairies or huge farms in NH.

thanks for any info!!!
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

FinsnFur

I dont have one, and probably wouldnt use it for calling if I did. The biggest reason, is where I call there isn't a sound to be heard for miles....unless a train goes by. I cover most of my ground while the trains are passing so they cover up me walking.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

onecoyote

browning204, not to many coyotes that have not smelled gas or oil or seen cars, trucks and other man made equiptment.
What you are trying to do is call in coyotes, it's all real simple.  If a coyote is interested, he'll come calling, especally in thick cover. I wouldn't worry about it, just go hunting.

weedwalker

I use mine a lot of the places I hunt. But the coyotes are used to seeing them. I have been on stand when ATVs came thru and five minutes later coyotes came out into the road behind them. One thing I like about using it is it's easier to hide than a P/U truck. I usually walk the last 200 yds to my stand.

newbomb

I havent in years past but this year I will be using my atv alot more than my pickup. One of my propertys is kinda centraly located so I will just park the truck there and use it as a base.

BigB

Where I hunt, if a coyote sees a truck or a 4-wheeler that normally isn't in that spot, then it turns around and runs away.  :madd:  I've had plenty of coyotes bust me because they came in from a direction that I wasn't expecting them to come from, and they spotted my truck.  The warning barks came out, and it was game over at that point.  I'm kinda like weedwalker, as in I walk at least 400 yards into a stand before I start calling.  That get's me away from the roads where the coyotes aren't so leary.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

THO Game Calls

The Lakota Sioux have a saying

Akita mani yo

Hard to do that on a 4 wheeler  :)

Al
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

Akita mani yo  :yoyo:

:doh2: Oh wait that's a different one  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal