• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Cobia

Started by Lighterknot, October 12, 2006, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighterknot

Nice cobia my dad caught this summer...that is him on the left and one of his fishing/hunting buddies on the right...

Chad

FinsnFur

Alright....I'm drawing the line right here  :argh:
You guys are doing wayyyyy 2 much fishing, while the rest of us have hung up our poles and dealing with snow.

Dang that thing is huge!
Looks like he's got er all in it trying to hold it there. C'mon!....take the picture!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Lighterknot

yeah I have been pretty lucky, he gave up freshwater fishing and bought a 23 or 24 foot center console to go after grouper in the gulf...now that i am stationed 6 hours away I get to go along with him quite often...i will have to scan some of the grouper pictures he sent me a couple weeks ago.
Chad

keekee

Very nice Cobia! And some GREAT eating as well!

Dang....I need to get down there were you guys are....24 ft boat! You all get many Kings down there?

Brent

Lighterknot

king mackeral?  if seo, yeah we usually get at least one over 30" every time we go out.  Last time i went with him I caught a Mahi-Mahi trolling.  We hardly ever hear of people catching them in that part of the Gulf.
Chad

slagmaker

Man thats a big fish. Dont catch them that big here in the hoosier state
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Lighterknot

lol,yeah it would take some kind of monster freshwater fish to match that one...maybe a muskie or northern
Chad

slagmaker

Maybe an Aligator gar but even then it would probalbe be harvested by bow.

OOOOHHHH and that is fun bowfishing for gar off of sand bars down on the White river.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

keekee

Man, Kings and Cobia are my favorite fish to Ty into!

This has been a weird year on the coast!  I cough a Triple Tail down there this year off the rig. Thats very rare off a pier in SC! Also cough a porcupine buffer, that fish is almost never cough in SC its a Bahama coastal fish.

Brent

Lighterknot

Yeah those Kings can burn through some line for sure.  Some of the bigger Bonita pull pretty good also.
Chad

iraMD

Great Ling!  Has me getting excited for Nov.  Going to Apalachicola spear fishing.  Cant wait

Lighterknot

This fish was caught about 100 miles due south from Apalachicola.  Never tried the spear fishing thing, but it sounds like a blast.
Chad