• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Countdown to Spring Gobbler

Started by Silencer, February 26, 2008, 04:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Who else has the itch ??????    I'm counting down already and putting in for a weeks vacation.

Come on April !!!!   Gotta try out Brents Ole' Yeller...  ( I got the prophylactic greenie too  :wink: )

That Ole' Yeller's gonna be the ticket, I can tell already. 

Bring on the Daffy Dills, Bring on the budding Trees, Bring on Home Made Maple Syrup  !!!!!

The Sap's gotta start running soon !!!!!

studabaka

+1 on the gobbler itch. All I do is spit and druel with them mouth calls  :wo: guess I could work on that for the next month....  :confused: which way do ya put them in your mouth again? No worries though.... got a long box and slate call from Steve and a wing bone from Brent which need some field experience..... and I only druel a little using them  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

wv_yoter

Looking forward to spring gobbler myself. I haven't got one yet but I hope that changes this year.
Jason

Silencer

Good deal guys,  :yoyo:  The crow hunt we went on last weekend, I fired up a gobbler at daylight, was unexpected this time of year but he was sounding off  :highclap:  Cant be long now before misses spring arrives, ole man winter had his last lick here I think  :eyebrownod:

keekee

Im ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Brent

Troy Walter

I am ready, Sunday it was in the 40's today we got 8 inches of snow.Come on spring

Coulter

Stu are you still trying to blow on that box call I sent ya :eyebrownod:

I'm still trying to get a beaver trap set, but spring turkey ain't far behind :biggrin: I've been thinking about it a bit and can't wait to start some scouting.

Steve

HaMeR

I've been ready since the day before last season closed!!  :laf:

Stu-- Good Luck my Friend!! I'm pullin for ya to get another big ol Tom!! Can't wait to see it.  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

This will be the first turkey season I've missed in over 20+ years.  Got to go under the knife on March 5 for a torn rotator cuff.   I doubt the doc will let me shoulder a shotgun.   I might get out and try to call one in for some one else though.  I don't think I'll be able to stay out of the woods...bum shoulder or not.

Good luck guys.

Semp

Silencer

QuoteI might get out and try to call one in for some one else though.

Thats good time to bring a child along, I had a 4-wheeler accident a few years back and messed up my shooting shoulder.  I brought my wifes 12yr old cousin along for his first bird.

Best of luck with the surgery and hope you have a fast recovery.

cb223

Spring Turkey is one of my all time favorites, I can't wait!!

I will have a tag, my son will have a tag and a couple of friends will have tags so I should get plenty of use out the new calls I have coming from Steve.

CHAD