• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2009 Spring Turkey Contest

Started by HaMeR, April 06, 2009, 10:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

The FnF Spring 09 Turkey Contest

...begins 4-7-09. I know it's a little late but we gotta make do with it now. Sorry.  :wink:

Ends May31

We're going to run two categories again, one for the biggest Turkey and one for the best photographed Hero Shot.
The winner of each category will win a $75 gift card for Cabelas  :yoyo:

Biggest Turkey

* This will be judged by beard length and spur length only. (if you shoot a tiny turkey with a 40" beard... your going to Cabelas.)
    * You will need to photograph the beard with a ruler or tape measure, and the same with the spurs.The actual measurement must be easily distinguishable in the pictures. Showing the entire beard in at least one picture with the ruler or tape measure.
    * Add the total measurements of each spur and the beard, highest accumulated inches will be the winner.

Post your total with your post confused yeah post your total with your post....that made sense didnt it?

* In such a case your turkey has more then one beard, both beards can be included  :wink:

Best Photograph
This will be judged by the members in the form of a poll.
Were looking for the ultimate Hero Shot, be creative. Were gonna be looking for some serious aw factor. Sunsets, natural settings, etc. Were talking desktop wall paper

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* All entries MUST be posted in this thread.
    * All submitted photos must have something in the picture that says Fins and Fur. Write it on your shirt, your forehead, write it in the dirt, on a piece of paper...it don't matter but it must be in the picture.
    * All participants must be of Reg Member status by the end of the contest. That means 25 posts under your belt to be eligible or to vote.
    * One person cannot win both categories. The biggest Turkey will pretty much be self decisive by the measurements. This participant will automatically be non eligible for the photo contest.

Have fun and good luck to ALL   :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

I'm in but it won't be until the 20th!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Silencer

alscalls

27th. Here

I am in and so is Bill I will help him get one this year...... :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

linemansteve

Do we get extra points if shot with a bow ?  :shrug: have my blind up and calls ready for the 17th here in Ky.
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

LORDDAL

now that I got all my stuff ready the 27th cant get here fast enough  :biggrin:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

iahntr

Dang, here I was thinkin ours started next weekend,
it starts Monday.  :doh2:
Scott

nailbender

I'm in!  But gotta wait until the mushrooms and asparagus start growing before I make the trip south. That looks like late season this year!  Anybody pickiing any yet Scott?

iahntr

Nah, I haven't heard of any.
I wouldn't be surprised if
it was two to three weeks yet.  :shrug:
Hafta see what the weather does too.
Scott

FinsnFur

No extra points linemansteve...but it would get ya some extra braggin rights :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: linemansteve on April 10, 2009, 07:29:22 AM
have my blind up and calls ready for the 17th here in Ky.

Better wait till the 18th.  :wink:

linemansteve

OOp's  :doh2: :doh2:  your are right -- I did get a jake Sat morning with a shotgun and a nice tom today also with a gun. My archery season got taken care of with carpel tunnel surgery on my right hand on monday the 20th. will post pics later
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

nailbender

:yoyo: Got some competition for Al this year!  Bagged a real nice Tom yesterday. Pics coming soon!

iahntr

I was just thinkin about ya,
wondering if ya had been out.
Congratulations  :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

linemansteve

Finally got the pics on the computer. I was hunting out of a blind and seeing a few birds but not the larger toms.
Tuesday I  thought I would change tactics a take a few decoys in my back pack and go higher in the hills. At 0dark thirty
I had set up in choke point in a high wall pasture. At 6:30 I did some soft tree clucks and got a response from area where my blind was ?? I got a little more louder and heard two gobblers but they sounded like they where on other side of the
hill behind me. I then let them have it with a loud aggressive hen talk when they gobbled I would let them have it again
this went on for 20 minutes then it sounded like they where moving away, but they where in a draw area coming to me.
I was expecting them to come in on my left and I happen to see movement on my right and there they where 2 toms
in full strut side by side. I slowly turned that way and got the gun ready and when the larger one was clear I gave him a
cut on the mouth call and his head came up and a load of 5's where on the way. Sorry about the pictures my right hand is still in a soft cast with stitches [come out mon the 4th ] wife was at work so I was at home alone trying to take the pics. The bird was 24 lbs 2 oz 11 1/8 beard 3/4 spurs  Good sized bird for down here in elk country.  Thanks Steve [/img] [/img]

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nailbender

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Bills Custom Calls

Thats what I am talking about doing  :congrats: :yoyo:

Great job Steve
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call