• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Turkey hunting a little slow........

Started by alscalls, April 28, 2009, 11:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alscalls

Turkey hunting a little slow......So I chattered with this little guy for a couple of hours.....

He got tired after all the talking and walked out on a limb above me ...

And took a nap.....

I took a nap also....and when I woke up I had forgotten about him so he came back to say goodbeye....

A quiet day in the turkey woods but a real nice one!  :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Todd Rahm

What was ya guys talk'n about?  The economy and the price of nuts?  :roflmao:

Hidehunter

Denver                                           

alscalls

Quote from: Todd Rahm on April 28, 2009, 11:49:48 AM
What was ya guys talk'n about?  The economy and the price of nuts?  :roflmao:

Hunting........and he is doing better! :laf: :laf:
AL

canine

LOL...Good story and pics Al. Can you imagine what it would be like in the woods without them...Sitting in a tree stand deer hunting, they make time go by quick just watching them go about gathering food and checkin out the odd dude in the woods..gotta love em...

Hopefully the birds liven up for you!

JD

Todd Rahm

Al, when he tells ya he has put more fur on the stretcher............................................He's not talk'n about hunt'n.  :innocentwhistle:

I agree with JD though, they sure do make time go by faster. The ones we have up here are just long tailed chipmunks though. No size to them at all and ours don't talk.  :confused:

alscalls

:laf: :laf: :laf:@ Todd. :roflmao:

I have had a few birds strutting for me at about 60 yds but nothing close enough for real fun...
My biggest problem is I aint the only one layed off and chasing the birds and some folks just do not know how to set up on a bird right so they bust em off the roost and they are hard to find again.
We expect rain the next couple of days so I will be in the woods and many folks will stay home.... :biggrin:
Then we will see what happens. :wink:
AL

miss_hunter

Great post, when the turkey hunting is slow! My only rule for squirrels is that if you tell on me, I'm coming back to get chor'as!

Hawks Feather

Where were you hunting with that BLUE sky?  It has been nothing but rain around here.  Didn't see a turkey today, but a squirrel came down a tree about 5 feet from me to eat his acorn and never knew I was there.  Then there were 9 deer at just over 15 yards.  They didn't know I was there either.  Either it was the rain or they didn't think anyone was stupid enough to be out sitting in the rain.   Whatever it was that I was hunting, I didn't see any of them. 

Jerry

Todd Rahm

Jerry, that squirrel didn't by chance mention Al did he?   :wo:

Hawks Feather

Well, he was chewing on a nut.

I should not have said that.  I will be good.   :rolleye:   I should not have said that.  I will be good.   :rolleye:   I should not have said that.  I will be good.   :rolleye:   

In reality I am just about thawed from this morning in the rain.  Make that cold rain.

Jerry

alscalls

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:@ Jerry and Todd

It has been nice here till today and Yes I was sitting out in the rain this AM until some POACHER cut my birds off and shot one of em! :argh:

I had em coming in slow but sure and I heard an ATV drive around the property and when it got to the truck it turned around and drove back and to the far side of me where the turkeys were and a while later BANG then quiet for a long time so I went looking for him and when I got too close he took off! :argh: :argh:
Bad part is ....if he just woulda asked I prolly would say sure lets go hunting.....But NO he has to be a JERK about it. :argh: :rolleye:
AL

Hidehunter

:madd: I hate when people do that kinda stuff.  Last year I was set up on a bird in a popular area.  I was on the ridge and a few people stopped at the bottom on the road before daylight and hooted.  Of course the bird was on fire and gobbled.  I just hooted back at them so they would know I was there.  They would hoot back and listen a couple times and then leave which was perfectly fine with me.  All except one guy who started up the mountain on the other side of the bird.  He wasnt scared a bit to try and snake me.  I heard him a ways off calling (if thats what you wanna call it) and had that bird all screwed up and when it flew down it crossed the river and got out of there.  I looked for him to but couldnt find him. (Probly a good thing)
Denver