• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Started by nastygunz, May 01, 2009, 09:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Man I dont know about yall but if i dont get a bird pretty quick them early mornings wear me out after awhile...ever fall asleep while sitting n waiting for the Megatom?.....im hunting a farm in VT with my buddy whose famous for coughing and falling asleep in the woods......we hike up to the top of a pasture in the dark....set up...hes about 50 yards from me....the suns starts lightening the sky.....birds are starting to sing...we hear birds gobbling and cackling ahead of us about 150 yards....im waiting and listening...all of a sudden 2 toms and some hens come out of the woods about 30 yards to my buddies left...im like oh man hes gunna bust one ...im waiting...nothing....im lookin at him hard...hes slumped right under a huge pine tree...chin buried in his chest...fast asleep.......i couldnt do a thing without spookin the birds...im thinkin well maybe theyll come past me...they didnt...finally wandered off down the field....im whispering stan!...trying to wake him up then trying to call the birds back....nothing....stan!.....nothing...finally..STAN wake the F up !!!!....his head shoots up...he looks all around...looks at me n says wth r u doin?...I go down n tell him what happened and til this day i dont think he belives me haha...thats now part of hunting camp legend! :roflmao:

FinsnFur

I think I would have been forced to shoot a round off and teach him a lesson. :eyebrownod:

But I have had that happen myself. The falling asleep that is. When I bar tended we had a big pow wow one night after hours. Shot our mouths off and played pool till until around 4:30 am with the doors locked and the lights off.
Had plans to road trip to Rick223's at 6;30 and do some calling and after that much beer, ahhhhh heck....we'll just keep going and head over to Rick's afterwards.

I never been so tired in my life. :doh2: :sleep:
And Rick just got himself a new Fauxpro, it was the old flashlight body. That cottontail in distress never sounded closer to sweet lullabys in my life.

I was out like a light. :sleep:

To this day that damn sounds reminds me of that.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HuntnCarve

Nastygunz,

I hunt with the very same fellow here in PA.  I will cut Ol' Chips some slack, but not to his knowledge.  He's going to be 80 years old this Fall.  I'm younger than his sons.  We've had some grand adventures, usually ending with him missing, or the scenario in which you described.  I'll continue hunting with him, God willing.  And my beard will continue to take on more grey after every hunt with him...But that's what makes it an adventure.  There will always be a story to tell afterwards!

Dave

msmith

The stories and memories are what it's all about. Time spent afield with family and friends.

I've done my share of snoozin' in the woods, that's for sure, but I'll never do it again after spraying my camo with doe-in-heat scent.  :doh2:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

:roflmao: left ya with a bad taste in your mouth uh?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com