• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

farmers cures/mountain medicine

Started by vayotehowler, August 30, 2010, 09:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vayotehowler

I posted something on antoher thread about farm cures. and was recommended might be good thread. so hear goes. my grandad's dad was a blacksmith and he sliced his food on a scythe and his dad took skin from and eggshell and coered it with axle grease and placed on the cut . grandad said next  his foot was like never been cut. My maternal granddad taught me how to remove a wart with a pinto bean. Circle the wart 7 times one direction 7 the other way and put a cross on top of the wart and place the bean in the winow sill. I have taken warts off like 10 people with that technique. Whats your mountian medicine??????

pitw

Quote from: vayotehowler on August 30, 2010, 09:54:49 PM
my grandad's dad was a blacksmith and he sliced his food on a scythe and his dad took skin from and eggshell and coered it with axle grease and placed on the cut . grandad said next  his foot was like never been cut. My maternal granddad taught me how to remove a wart with a pinto bean. Circle the wart 7 times one direction 7 the other way and put a cross on top of the wart and place the bean in the winow sill. I have taken warts off like 10 people with that technique. Whats your mountian medicine??????

I've seen this before  :shrug:.

Good job starting the new thread cause if the guys will put them up there are some great home remedy's ;yes;.
I say what I think not think what I say.

vayotehowler

who knows what might be lost . all kinds a good info already gone i sure . the bean thing really is amazing took one off my step mother pinkie, did one weekend when visiting , used to go everyother weekend to my dads. Next time i went back she rubbing her pinkie saying I go this patch of dry skin and said that is where ur wart was and she peeldit off and never came back

alscalls

For a bee sting my mom used to put mud, or toothpaste on em........ Bee stings dont bother me much so I never used this as an adult till my wife got stung....... She welts up real bad with em so I used mud on it and it really seemed to do the trick.
As the mud or toothpaste dries it draws in the sting and takes a lot of the pain away.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

KySongDog

For bee stings, mom would put some wet cigarette tobacco on the spot and hold it there for a while.

coyote101

If we got hurt, my dad would say, "It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"; worked every time!

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Quote from: coyote101 on August 31, 2010, 07:32:15 AM
If we got hurt, my dad would say, "It'll feel better when it quits hurtin"; worked every time!
Pat

Yep, and "If you don't stop crying, I will give you something to cry about."

Jerry

Todd Rahm

I once had a lady look into a crystal ball, and she said your slightly over weight and going bald. Cost me a dollar.  :shrug:  :alscalls:

FinsnFur

Cant say I ever heard the pinto bean wart thing :confused: Sounds a lil mythical  :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

QuoteSounds a lil mythical

Kinda like Fo's monkey thing. Today's monkeys are doing it but not sure why earlier monkeys did.  :biggrin:

Silencer

the oils from snap draggon flowers help if you get into the nettles.   Being raised by my grandparents I was treated with alot of old remidies like this.   
Used mud on bee stings for sure,  trying to dig my brain.....

Todd Rahm

Read this blog and pay particular attention to the entry right after the fith picture about "Tums".  :biggrin:

http://finnskimo.blogspot.com/2010/08/pokey-little-puppy.html

bambam

When I was much younger I used to go spend weekends with my Grandma and Grandad. I was splitting wood for the wood cookstove one weekend and ran a rusty nail into my foot. My Grandma made milktoast- fried bread and milk in a castiron skillet- placed some over the hole in my foot , wrapped it with a clean rag, and left it for several hours, if I remember correctly,  it seemed like several days,  :doh2: :doh2: . The next day it didn't hurt a bit and never got infected .

Bills Custom Calls

A half a cup of hot water and a t spoon of ginger mix well and drink wrap yourself up and go to bed and be prepared  to sweat the cold,flu,fever right out of your body all will be better in the morning

This mixture taste horrible
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

For mosquito bites I scratch em good then dab rubbing alcohol on them. It stings for about 2 seconds & then the irritation is gone.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vayotehowler

good information , the toabacco was recommended for my four yr old when he got stung by a wasp , was in the swimming pool and said mommy what making my leg hurt . didn t even cry , she pulled up the shorts and wasp fell out, then he cried . The wart thing is amazing, My mom worked with a lady her son had liek 60 warts ( ala that guy turnin into tree) on both arms and papa sat down with a bag of beans and treated every one , about a month later the dermotoligist was freake out they had all disaapeared. doesnt work on a seed wart or plantar wart( CUT THE TOP OFF AND SQUEEZE THE SEED OUT hurts like a breed worthy dog if know what mean and bleeds like a kid w/out a daddy but goes away)  2 or 3  shot of rock and rye whiskey  with hot tea . wake up w u cold gone to . taste horrible

Bills Custom Calls

Vinegar and salt mixture put it on poison ivy rash after you scratch it open this will disinfect and aid in drying it up it will take more then one dose and it will burn more then you can imagine but it does work  :whew:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

vayotehowler

I scratch it off and put bleach on it ( sitngs for a minute or two and then feels better sounds familiar)

Todd Rahm

Yipper, I'll regret it later, but bleach is my cure all for rashes and ivy's.  ;yes;

coyote101

There's a whole chapter in here about "Home remedies". Pretty interesting stuff, like what has already been posted in this thread.

Here is a whole book full. I got it at a yard sale some time ago, but have never read it. Maybe I will now.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing