• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Tea Party Members - Check This Out

Started by Hawks Feather, May 20, 2011, 10:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

So, I had a chance to meet Michele Bachmann this afternoon and then attend the Lincoln Day Banquet with her and 750 of her friends.  I have mentioned that my cousin is a Member of Congress and he invited her to come to Ohio to speak.  Prior to the banquet there was a reception for about 100 people which is where the picture was taken.  This is the only picture that I didn't take, but since I was in it I didn't care who pushed the release.  Representative Bachmann did an excellent job.

Congressman Latta, Congresswoman Bachmann, and some tag along

Congresswoman Bachmann making a point during her speech at the banquet

Jerry

FinsnFur

Ole Bachmann's still got it going on dont she?  :eyebrow:

Are you sure you and Bob are related?  :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Yip, in the second picture I can tell, she is gesturing that she really knows ya.  :alscalls:

HaMeR

"THAT'S HIM!! RIGHT THERE WITH THE BLUE PLAID TIE OFFICERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  :alscalls: :alscalls:

Purdy cool Jerry!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyotehunter_1

You look very spiffy standing up there, I can see it now....

JERRY LATTA FOR PRESIDENT !!

Ya' got my vote  :highclap:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

I like her a lot, but the mainstream media hates her almost as much as they hate Sarah Palin.

Quote from: Todd Rahm on May 20, 2011, 11:26:23 PM
Yip, in the second picture I can tell, she is gesturing that she really knows ya.  :alscalls:

That's funny Todd.  :nono: :nono:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Well, I hate to say it, but she was talking about some call collector in Alaska.  I can't reveal what it was in reference to.  As for running for any political office, I am going to pass.  Looks like a fun job, unless you are doing it correctly, then you kiss your family good-bye and tell them you will see them when you are defeated or retire.  I also hate (really hate) needing to raise funds and having to do it every two years would not be for me.  Well, maybe raising a couple of thousand dollars for the Fish and Game is not all that bad, but that would only pay for a week or radio announcements on a small station.  So, nope, not for me.

Isn't it "unusual" that anyone that speaks out against the the liberal minority is slammed by the liberal press?  Of course not.  What else would we expect them to do?

Jerry

Bopeye

I knew a little about her, prior to an anonymous phone call I received  :wink: so I did some research. That gal has me going. Believes almost exactly as I do right down the line. She does her own thinking, doesn't let someone do it for her.
I like how she was talking about being Democrat and was reading something quite horrific in her dorm as a senior. AS she sat there thinking she realized she didn't think that way. That would mean she couldn't agree with the planks in the Democratic platform. Found out she was Republican almost by accident.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

Bob mentioned that she and her husband have 5 kids, but then went on to say that they had also taken in (either 21 or 23, I can't remember which) foster children.  In her speech she said that they love all of their kids which includes their foster kids and feels that every child should know the love and compassion of an adult. 

Jerry

bambam

KySongDog

I just saw this thread.   That is a GREAT picture, Jerry.   That will be a keepsake for sure when she gets elected POTUS.   

She has my vote.   I think the time is right for a woman to be elected President.   

Hawks Feather

Hum, that lady looks like the one that just announced her candidacy.   :congrats:

Jerry

nastygunz

Michele Bachmann scores big win in NH debate
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - Ad Lib by Catherine Poe

Font Size - + | Comment | Tweet | Share | Email | RSS | More | Ask Catherine a Question     EASTON, Md, June 14 2011 â€" Last night at the New Hampshire debate, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, the Tea Party’s darling, successfully rebranded herself for the voters as a sunny, upbeat Conservative. She was more Michelle Obama and less Michelle Malkin.

Former Governor Mitt Romney went into the debates the front runner and he emerged unscathed, clearly in command. No one laid a mitt on Mitt, not even T-Paw.

Michele Bachman/Mitt Romney (Image: Associated Press)
But it is Bachmann who generated news by announcing she’s definitely running for President.

Yet that’s not the big story. Her reinvention of herself is, and it’s stunning.

Here is this notorious political bomb thrower suddenly selling a sweet package of social conservatism. After all, as she reminded us over and over, she’s the mom of 28 children (five her own and 23 foster children). Not even Old Mother Hubbard could beat that.

Then she went beyond her domestic talking points on anti-abortion and anti-taxes, stressing several times that she sits on the House Select Committee on Intelligence, hinting that she really knows more about what is going on in the world than the men on the stage with her.

With that she lobbed pot shots at President Obama’s foreign policy by slamming the US role in NATO, criticizing America for taking a back seat to France in the Libyan air strikes, and lambasting the Obama administration for not knowing who the Libyan rebels truly are.

Yet for all her criticisms, she was not the wild-eyed Right Winger whose incendiary comments can torch the room but never illuminate it.

Don’t forget this is the woman who once suggested that members of Congress should be investigated for anti-American tendencies.

I miss the old Michele. But now that she is an official candidate we will probably see more of the Mom as Stateswoman than the Minnesota Wild Woman.