• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bear on front door step

Started by Silencer, July 02, 2007, 06:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

I was coming down the road from scouting and looked up the drive of this house and did a double take.
This bear was up on its hind legs with its front paws on the front door.
By the time I got the car backed up and fumbling around with the little camera, he spooked and took off outta there.

I found out who lives there and they have young children.  I wonder if they know about this guy and what the heck was he doing on the front door step ?  My son seems to think maybe they have cats and it was eating the cat food.
Again, someday I'll be able to afford a decent camera lol.   These pic's couldnt be 20yds away tops..

KySongDog

Little kids?  Now that's too spooky.  Time to send that bear to bear heaven, me thinks.  :readthis:

FinsnFur

That'd be another wild sight.
Give us an update, was anyone home?...
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

:shck:  WOWSA!! I know I'd wanna know if he was standin at my front door, before one of my kids went to go outside! That would make me crap to open the door and be lookin face to face with him. He's gonna have to do somthin about trash, cat food, whatever it is the bear is hangin out for. Is this typical in this area?
Scott

Silencer

Yes, its pretty typical around here, there was a young one running around town for weeks before the PGC came and live trapped it.  I had some buckshot and shotgun ready at that time, the smell of your grill starting would bring in the young bruin.  There's pictures of that one going around town of him sleeping in someone's dog house.

Not sure if there was anyone home or not at the time Jim, but I will notify them of the bear. 

Silencer

The owners of the house are VERY aware of the bear activity.  They stated there's that bear I got the pic of, and there's also a Sow w/ 3 cubs hanging around.  "Cant keep them outta anything," is what I was told. 
The lady of the house said she has bunches of close up pic's on the back deck. 

FinsnFur

:nono: She's going to come up missing along WITH her camera if she's not careful
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

12 guage with rubber bullets or bean bags will get em gone or buckshot if ya want em dead (or a semiauto paintball gun ) they work great on the neighbors dogs when they roam and the neighbors know the dog was not where it was sposed to be  :eyebrow:

ErictheRed

Silencer

Pennsylvania

Makes me wonder if they began feeding them, now they wont leave.  Almost seems the case with that many bear hanging around. 

Bopeye

Gives me the willy's just thinking about that. If a bear(s) started coming around my house, the crows and worms would be eating for awhile on a carcass........ :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

bowjunkie

Quote from: Bopeye on July 04, 2007, 07:50:31 AM
Gives me the willy's just thinking about that. If a bear(s) started coming around my house, the crows and worms would be eating for awhile on a carcass........ :eyebrownod:

yup I'm right there with ya   :biggrin:

catskinner

If they don't have anything attracting it then there must be a shortage of berries of other things to eat. It is highly unlikely that they would be aggresive to humans. I've lived around them all my life and find them to be more afraid of people than anything. I wouldn't worry about them if it was me. Just keep everything they would like to eat put up.