• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Early Muzzleloading in Va.

Started by blackfish, November 09, 2007, 10:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfish

Hay All ,
                 Headed down to Paint Bank, Virginia sunday to hunt with my smokepoles . My old bud from down there moved to a new spot a couple of years back so I thought I would give a try . I thought I was headed to Goshen, but this is a little closer to me and is About a 6 hour drive so won't be to hard on the pocket for the trip and with the out of state tags being under $200,sounded ok to the better half! :biggrin: Now just to make Meat!!   :thumb2: We Will be staying at the state run camp ground > Steel Bridge so another plus on the wallet. Wish me Luck,and hope we don't get rained out,tis hard on the old flinter!
BlackFish
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

Hawks Feather

Blackfish,

Good luck on the hunt and remember to keep your powder dry!   :wink:     It should be a good time just catching up with your old friend. 

Have a safe trip.

Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

Have a safe trip Jimmie.I will be out Saturday with the bow hoping a set of horns gets close enough.

Give me a holler when you get back
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Bill,

You should have been with me this morning.  I have an antlerless permit I am trying to fill and had a pretty nice 8 point with 10 yards of where I was sitting.  That was a hard one to pass on but I don't think the checking station would have bought my story about not being able to see the antlers.   :rolleye:   Good luck tomorrow.

Jerry

Bills Custom Calls

I am sure you are right about that Jerry

You should come on down we can get 4 does and a buck this year  or is it 5 I will have to look again :doh2:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

blackfish

Thanks guys ,I'll report back in when I get back . Hope you all make meat on your alls hunt!  :thumb2:
Take care,
Blackfish
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

vvarmitr

Best of huntin' Blackfish w/ a good dose of camaraderie. :wink:

P.S. Don't forget pix to go w/ the story!