• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

JEREMIAH JOHNSON COUNTRY...

Started by nastygunz, January 27, 2009, 07:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

I climbed all over that country when I was young and spry like Cathryn.... :biggrin:...big moose, bear, bucks....and ghosts...... :innocentwhistle:....took these pix today when I went to the Motherland to pop in and wish my Pa a surprise happy 79th birthday :yoyo:

Frogman

JEREMIAH JOHNSON ,  man I loved that movie.  I think I paid $40.00 for it when it came out on video tape.  Pretty country you have there!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Silencer

that looks to be a steep sob, beautiful pictures

vvarmitr

WhiteHare

Beautiful country, nice pictures.  Awful nice of you to stop by pa's place.  I'm sure he was thrilled to have you there to help celebrate.
I know I really enjoy it when my boys "stop by".
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

coyote101

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. Happy birthday to your dad.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Tikaani

Great pictures Jim, beautiful country.  Thanks for sharing.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

nastygunz

Thanks fellas.....sometimes I wish I was Jeremiah Johnson and could head for the hills and live the simple life :yoyo:...Whitehare.....my pa has 5 boys and he still is the old King Lion haha....he does love when we pop in and raise hell with him...hes been sick a long time but he made 79 by golly :congrats:....he was a tank of a man a solid 285 and a pro heavyweight prize fighter and he has 8 kids so he used to tell us "Boys, some men are great lovers, and some men are great fighters, I happen to be both".... :bowingsmilie:...then my mama would smack him upside the head and tell him to watch his mouth  :roflmao:.......HOLY HELL WE ARE CATCHING SOME SNOW NOW!!

FinsnFur

Beautiful country :yoyo:
I dont know who Jeremiah was......but where were the pics taken?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

That thar is Mt Moosilauke in NH..the Appalachian trail runs right smack through the top of the dome. YOU DONT KNOW WHO JEREMIAH JOHNSON IS? :doh2:........Im taking away your birthday and your junior mountain man badge for that little confession mister!!! ;yes;

FinsnFur

He musta been before my time, I'm just a young buck. I'm not like you guys and Bill :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Very nice. Thanks for sharin with us.
It's been a long time sense I've watched that one, love it.
Think I'll have to try and find it somewhere.  :wink:
Scott

Huntinbull

Where I come from a guy can lose his mancard for not knowing who Jeremiah Johnson is! YES!

Once knew a girl who cooked like his squaw. Lost about 30 pounds that winter.  HEHE

Huntinbull
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.

R Buker

You might know him better by his real name.  Liver Eatin' Johnson. 

nastygunz

Not to be confused with "Beer Drinking" Johnson whose from Kenosha...... :innocentwhistle:

cathryn

hell, i aint been young and spry in a coons age.

that is a nice pic though and does look like some of WV.

Frogman

If any of you have not seen the movie, "Jeremiah Johnson" starring Robert Redford and Will Geer you need to find a copy of it and watch it.  Outstanding movie!! 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!