• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Kodak Easyshare ZD8612

Started by Silencer, January 29, 2009, 01:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

This highly affordable camera bundle features a Kodak zd8612 Digital Camera with a bonus carry case and 4GB SDHC memory card, for additional digital storage.

8.1 megapixel resolution Delivers detailed pictures that can be enlarged up to 16'' x 20''
12x Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon optical zoom lens with optical image stabilization and 5x digital zoom Allow you to bring your subjects much closer for better composition and crisper results
2.5-inch color LCD screen Lets you compose and review your shots with five brightness level adjustments
On-camera features Enhance photos with cropping, blurry picture alert, and digital red-eye reduction
PictBridge and ImageLink compatibility Prints directly from compatible printers without using a computer
16 scene modes Provide creative options for taking eye-catching photos from beaches to snow scenes
Movie modes Captures video in VGA or QVGA resolution with sound
21 MB internal memory and SD/SDHC card slot Stores images in the camera or lets you use optional SD or SDHC memory cards (internal memory is limited so an additional memory card [not included] is highly recommended)

The SanDisk SDHC memory card is perfect for use with digital cameras, MP3 players, and other digital devices
Significantly increases your storage capacity for multimedia files, including photos, music and video

Looking for the pro's vs. con's..   Thinkin of upgrading to this from my little pocket Sony.

Thanks   Vic

iahntr

We were givin my sister a hard time at Christmas for still usin her old 35 mm.
I finally talked her into getting a digital. She didn't know anything about em so I
said I would do a quick research on the newer ones, it had been a few years since
I had looked into them and wasn't familiar with the new models, and then advise
her what to get. The criteria,at first she wanted to just keep it in the $100 range,
but then she said she wanted more zoom. So I told her she would have to spend
a little more to get one with more then just the standard 3x-5x zoom.  So after looking,
this is the same camera I came up with for her. Handling it, it seemed a little cheaper
built then some others, but looked like the best bang for the buck,
and it got pretty good reviews from what I saw. She wanted it for when they were
going on vacation, so we didn't have time to take advantage of the online only package
deal, but bought the camera only, and then card, and case for slightly more. She just got
back from vacation last week. I'll talk to her and get her "review" on it and let ya know.
Scott
Scott

alscalls

I have the C813 8.2 MP And I love it! The software seems real easy to use too If I can take a pic with it anyone can :eyebrownod:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Silencer

Thanks Scott, appreciate very much.  :yoyo:

nastygunz

This link is the camera I use for all the pictures I have posted on here.....my 1st didgital camera, I LOVE IT...I have had it for almost 3 years and used it heavily and not had a single problem with it ever.....I paid $199.99 at walmart which had the best price and I did alot of research before I bought it. on the link there are newer ones then this one but I am a fan of the fujifilm cameras and am thinking up upgrading to the newer 18x zoom one

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/s/finepix_s700/index.html

iahntr

Well I talked to my sister.
She said she brought the camera back to Walmart. She had a few smaller problems with it, but that was mainly user error.
The reason she brought it back, she brought along 2 lithium batteries with her, and went through those in the first two days.
Some other lady in there group brought along a bunch of regular AA, and she went through like 20 of those. Regular AA
obviously don't last as long as lithium ones. But none the less, sounds like every time she turned around she was having to put
batteries in it. When she brought it back to Walmart the lady at the camera counter said something like she thought the camera was
making a small noise while just sitting there. :shrug: So maybe there was something wrong with the camera from the beginning.  :shrug:
My sister couldn't find the box that the camera came in  :doh2: :eyebrownod:, only had the camera for like a week, don't know if the kids
did something with it or what  :nono: so Walmart would only exchange for the same camera. So we'll see if this one's any better.
  Sorry, don't know what to tell ya. Not much of a review. Depending on what ya want it to do, how much ya wanna spend, etc
ya may want to keep checkin out some reviews and look at some others.     :shrug: :shrug:

Scott

Silencer

nastygunz

Speaking of batteries....I found out pretty quick just when you were getting ready for the good shot youd have batteries die....I went to radio shack and bought a charger for 19.99 with 4 AA batteries included....it also charges  AAA batteries for my mp3 player.....so now I have the batteries in my camera and 4 spares fully charged at all times.....and I have two chargers that hold 4 batteries....that I use to charge batteries for my other rigs like my FX3.....I do alot of shooting and almost always have my camera with me and ive never been caught with no juice....and with the AA batteries almost any mom n pop store in the boonies will have them if you need some in a pinch..before I went rechargeable I was buying alot of throwaway AA batteries...more driivng...going in stores...bad for the environment...also very cheap I bought a car charger cord so if im away from civilization for awhile I can hook my charger up to my ciggy lighter and charge batteries in my vehicle if need be...i have the 2 chargers....car cord and 8 AA rechargeable batteries for around $50.00....just my thoughts on batteries for cameras.