• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lightning - in a Bottle!!!

Started by Dave, October 20, 2010, 09:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Thanks to all of you for the comments and congrats.  I want her to add her feelings to the whole story, so she'll either add it here or start another post.  It's great to have a place to go like this to make her feel good about the sport.  
So many people in this area frown, or raise eyebrows as if to say "you're letting her do what?" and can't believe that she hunts.  
She was so excited she brought the camera into school with her the next day to show some friends and her teacher.  I asked what they thought, and she said most thought it was gross, or weird.  
I asked "How 'bout the boys?  They must've thought it was cool?"  
"No, I only showed one and he sort of raised his eyebrows and looked at me weirdly."
"How about the teacher?"
She said she was impressed.      :whew:  kids are so influenced by their teachers.
Anyway, thanks again.

Quote from: vayotehowler on October 20, 2010, 10:28:21 PM
way to go , been huntin 25 years and never taken a buck that big.
Me too.  I told her on the way home that night that I never even considered grabbing the bow from her. I don't think she believed me, though.  

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on October 21, 2010, 03:45:28 AM

Is there a reason this is not in the bow contest  :shrug:
I took the req'd pics for it, but feel the contest is for regular members who post more than a few times.

Oh yeah, Barry, here's another item to add to your list of "strange things people eat" list.  I asked her if she wanted to save the heart to eat.  "Yeah!" she said.  My kids love the heart!    Don't tell our neighbors, though.   :nofgr:

Okanagan

Best read in a long time!  Thanks.  You are a lucky man to hunt with a daughter like that.  And a GREAT buck.  I've not killed many whitetails and have never taken one that big.

KySongDog

Quote from: Dave on October 21, 2010, 09:49:45 AM

I took the req'd pics for it, but feel the contest is for regular members who post more than a few times.

Dave

Since I am the only member in the contest (at least right now  :biggrin: ), I can tell you that I absolutely have no problem with the young lady participating in the contest.  That was a great buck that anyone would be proud of.   ;yes;

bambam

Awesome !!  Congrats to both of you.  :yoyo:

Bills Custom Calls

Get that buck and the young lady posted in the bow contest she deserves it  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

dog dropper

Way to go Sarah and Dave. :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap: :highclap:I hope you enjoy the food you get from it.
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

Tikaani

Congradulations Sarah and Dave.  That is a fine trophy, I can't help but think as I sit here eating moose burgers for dinner it will help fill your freezer as well.

Hunt Hard, Die Tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

HaMeR

That is a dandy buck for sure!! Congratulations all around!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

Awesome !  :yoyo: Congratulations to you both !  :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

Dave

Again, thanks to you all.

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on October 21, 2010, 04:16:08 PM
Get that buck and the young lady posted in the bow contest she deserves it  :yoyo:
I'm going to get her to post it in the next few days and try to ride this wave right to the beach as it's a rare one to catch!  It will undoubtedly build her interests in the sport  -  and we can spend more time in front of the computer looking at hunting threads!!!   :eyebrow:

Quote from: dog dropper on October 21, 2010, 08:34:20 PM
I hope you enjoy the food you get from it.
Quote from: Tikaani on October 21, 2010, 09:07:33 PM
I can't help but think as I sit here eating moose burgers for dinner it will help fill your freezer as well.
Defintely enjoy the venison.  In fact, last night I sat here thinking of moose burgers while eating fresh tenderloin nuggets. Nothing stacks up against moose.

pitw

Dave there is no accounting for peoples taste in food and I'm really glad she enjoys the heart.  Our local CO will take the liver from a gut pile if he beats the critters to it :puke:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

dog dropper

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tenderloin nuggets  ;yes; ;yes; ;yes; ;yes; ;yes;
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!!!

Frogman

WOW!!  What a trophy!!  Thanks for the pictures and story!  It's great to see the youngin's get excited about hunting!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!