• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

I've got a shot at becoming President.

Started by pitw, April 26, 2010, 07:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

Wow :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.  I never have seen it Carl and that isn't quite what I expected but kinda/sorta close.  They look like little trees :confused:.  If all they take are them little whit puffs then is the stem and branch's a big problem :shrug:.  How tall is that stuff :shrug: it looks like my back would break in three plants bending down for them Qtip ends. :puke:   Are they hard to pluck :shrug: are them little thorns I'm seeing?  Thanks. 
  VV you can talk up now :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

Thanks Barry.  :biggrin:

With them little prickers on them plants what's so great about rolling in high cotton?  :wo:

Carolina Coyote

No thorns on the plant, the hight of the cotton depends on a good year or bad year, there are some fields  on the Wanderosia that the Cotton is around six fee tall this year but I have seen some around that was only a couple of feet tall, when I was a kid we had a fall break in school so the kids could help pick Cotton and I could pick 200 lbs a day My Mama could pick 400 lbs a day. Yea I'm a Cotton Picker.  :biggrin: cc

pitw

How many plants to make a pound :shrug:.  I'd think your fingers would be bleeding after a few pounds :confused:.

Carolina Coyote

How many plants to make a ?  I don't have the sliest idea . Depends on the Cotton crop. Cotton is soft so sore fingers are not to much of a problem but when I was a kid crawling on my knees to pick was the hard  part could not do that today. cc

Carolina Coyote

Some picture of the Cotton fields after defoliate done, Cotton almost ready to pick.

pitw

Never saw nothing like that before.  Looks like a fella who eats popcorn as much as me could be in a world of plugged up there :whew:.  Do it have seeds in it like the Poplar fuzz[which is the only thing I can relate it too] :shrug:.  If so how come my Tshirt is seedless :confused:.  Thanks Carl :bowingsmilie:
   Oh yeah. Why defoliate :shrug:.

KySongDog

pitw

Quote from: Semp on November 21, 2010, 09:34:16 AM
Hey Barry

Check this out.    :biggrin:   Brook Benton's Boll Weevil song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMLShChqw5w&feature=fvw

That musta been a Southern thing as it made little sense to a canuck :confused:.  Gist of the story was a bug wanted head lights to help frig a crop :shrug:.  He has a decent voice though :biggrin:.

vvarmitr

Carolina Coyote

Barry, They defoliate to so the leaves fall off before picking, keeps the leaves out of the Cotton, If I am down there when they are picking I will try and get some pictures, The seeds are in the Cotton and after picking they run the Cotton thru the Gin and remove the seeds and trash, Cotton seeds are used in Cow feed among other things, makes good side dressing on plants also. I have picked a little for you and will send when I get the Peanut seed for you if you still want some more after Coyote101 trashed the Peanuts. CC

pitw

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on November 21, 2010, 10:55:42 AM
  they run the Cotton thru the Gin 

Is that why Gin tasted so wobbly to me :shrug:..
  I'll definitely be looking forward to the box :bowingsmilie:.  Just read your post to the wife and she asked,"Do you think I could grow a couple plants in the house as I'd really like to see some peanuts"?.  You got her hooked on being in the White house too :laf: :laf:.  If your picking them by hand why would you pick the leaves :confused:.  Only thing I can think of is some of your cotton pickers are like some of our carpenters who throw the nails away that are facing the wrong way in the box.  I had to tell them they were for the other side of the fence :doh2:.

KySongDog

Boll Weevils eat cotton so that's why the farmer wasn't happy about the weevil lookin' for a home.   :eyebrownod:

Do I need to spell it out for you more slowwwwllllyyy.        :doh2:

pitw

Quote from: Semp on November 21, 2010, 12:04:32 PM

Do I need to spell it out for you more slowwwwllllyyy.        :doh2:

Probably :doh2:.  I guess the headlights were too bright that I was listening to. :nono:

Carolina Coyote

Quote from: pitw on November 21, 2010, 11:26:29 AM

I'll definitely be looking forward to the box :bowingsmilie:.  Just read your post to the wife and she asked,"Do you think I could grow a couple plants in the house as I'd really like to see some peanuts"?.  You got her hooked on being in the White house too :laf: :laf:.  If your picking them by hand why would you pick the leaves :confused:.  Only thing I can think of is some of your cotton pickers are like some of our carpenters who throw the nails away that are facing the wrong way in the box.  I had to tell them they were for the other side of the fence :doh2:.
Quote from: pitw on November 21, 2010, 11:26:29 AM

Ya ain't right Barry, :nono: The old time Cotton Pickers down here Don't pick Cotton no mo they's get a check in the mail every month, they's sit on da porch and watch da Cotton Pickers run up and down da road.  :eyebrow:
The Wife could try growing some peanuts in the house never heard of anyone doing that but why not.

They say you can make beer out of just about anything so you could probably make Beer out of Cotton seed, :laf:  :laf: cc