• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Going To Kalifornia

Started by weedwalker, August 27, 2010, 03:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Quote from: pitw on September 01, 2010, 07:45:15 AM

vv, Ed called me fro Abiloney and had me gasping for breath after  [:alscalls: x100] with a tale about his naive traveling companion and a friendly girl. :innocentwhistle:

Maybe she's a Lot Lizzard.     :eyebrownod:

HuntnCarve

Ed, those coyotes know that the Weedwalker is in their midst.  I bet a satellite photo would show a "mass coyote migration" taking place, as coyote mysteriously move away north and south, from the highway?  LOL!  You be safe out there!  Hurry back home.

Dave

JohnP

Quote from: HuntnCarve on September 01, 2010, 08:14:17 AM
Ed, those coyotes know that the Weedwalker is in their midst.  I bet a satellite photo would show a "mass coyote migration" taking place, as coyote mysteriously move away north and south, from the highway?  LOL!  You be safe out there!  Hurry back home.

Dave

Dave that ain't funny at all.  If they are heading north and/or south they will be missing our place, they need to head southwest a bit. 

Spoke to Ed twice and hope to meet up with him on his return trip.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Quote from: JohnP on September 02, 2010, 03:48:17 PM

Spoke to Ed twice and hope to meet up with him on his return trip.

If you shake hands with him watch your hand cause trust me it's gonna disappear. :shock2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

George Ackley

YO EDDIE,

DROP IT IN THE BIG HOLE WHEN YOU CAN, AND SLEEP WHEN YOUR TIERED !!!

Be safe out on the road buddyboy , you guy are what make the world go round :bowingsmilie:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

weedwalker

Finally made it into Kalifornia. Had to wait 1 1/2 days for the trailers we were picking up to get finished up in the shop. Wasn't able to get any WIFI where we were at. Got out of there about 5AM today.
Made a stop in Arizona on the way out. I got to meet the man we all know as JohnP. He's a hell of a nice guy. :yoyo: We had a bite to eat at Reb's Diner. They have a fantastic BBQ sandwich. (No Jim, not sloppy joe. Real pulled pork BBQ. :eyebrownod:) After lunch we took a ride in John's P/U to look at some of his hunting spots. I hope I didn't droll too bad on his windows. :iroll: It looked like an awesome place to hunt. Any direction you looked you would see a good spot to make a stand. I told him he would probably feel a little claustrophobic if he had to hunt the thick crap that I hunt. :laf: I got to spend a couple hours with him and enjoyed every minute of it. :yoyo: I'm hoping it'll work out that John could make it to the LBL. I know you all would enjoy his company as much as I did.
Thanks again John. I hope to see you again.
I've made it back as far as Lordsburg,NM tonight. I'm not in any hurry to get back and am seeing the sights along the way.

KySongDog

Glad you got to hook up with John.  Be safe on the trip back, Ed. 

Bopeye

Just got done talking with Weedwalker Ed. He really had a good time with JohnP. Must've been quite the place to hunt as I think I detected a little envy in his voice.  :eyebrownod:
You must be one heck of a guy in person to John as you made quite the impression on Mr. Ed.

Be carefull Weed. Heading out to a BBQ/Fish Fry.  :highclap:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

possumal

Big Ed, glad you got linked up with John P.  Still fighting the kidney stone problem.  Check in when you get back.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HuntnCarve

Sounds like you had a great time Ed.  I'm alittle envious you getting to meet Mr. John P.  But heck, John got to meet you.  :congrats:  I bet the coyotes are breathing a mite easier in Arizona now that you're out of the state.  Bad enough they gotta contend with John.  :wink:  Have a safe trip home.

KySongDog

Quote from: HuntnCarve on September 04, 2010, 01:40:53 PM
I bet the coyotes are breathing a mite easier in Arizona now that you're out of the state.  Bad enough they gotta contend with John.  :wink:  Have a safe trip home.

That coyote magnet Ed has probably got some stuck to the side of his truck and don't know it.   :laf:

weedwalker

Quote from: Semp on September 04, 2010, 06:51:39 PM
Ed has probably got some stuck to the side of his truck and don't know it.   :laf:

If I did, they probably came off in the blast. :shock2: I got to Midland,Tx and one of my trailer tires blew into a million pieces all over the road. Cheap recap tires and desert heat just don't go together. :nono:
My day started out good though. I made a stop in El Paso,Tx for a while. My son is stationed there at Ft. Bliss in the Army. That's the 1st time I've got to see him since Christmas. Had breakfast with him and got to spend a couple hours before he had to get back to base. I hated to part company with him. Nobody there saw it, but I got a little wet in the eyes when he left. He's my 3rd son that has been in the service. He's thinking about a career in it, for now anyways. He's grown up into a very respectable young man and I'm very proud of him. They sure grow up fast.
Other than that, just an ordinary day of holiday traffic till my tire gave out. After waiting 2 hours to get it fixed, I said heck with driving. I'll save some for tomorrow and stay here at Midland tonight.

possumal

Dang Ed, that's a bummer about the tire, but it is great that you got to see your son like that.  That makes the whole trip much better.   :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

To see your boy had to bring you joy. :yoyo:  The tire problem can be fixed so no harm in spending more time.  How's the pineapple dude doing?  He been to a vet yet :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Dave

Sounds like a great trip. 
Thanks for the write up - enjoyed it all, especially glad you got to have a meal with your son.

HuntnCarve

Ed, sorry about the tire inconvenience.  But you made the best of the day visiting with your son!  I'm not sure about the cheap recaps, and desert temperatures blowing out that tire???  Semp had mentioned about the "Coyote Magnet" and coyotes being stuck to the truck?  I just figured you run one over, and a tooth punctured the tire? :wo:  Hope your remaining portion of the trip is a safe one.

JohnP

As some of you guys already know and have hunted with Ed the pleasure in meeting him was all mine.  I thought it only appropriate that I take him to a place called "Reb's" for lunch.  Showed him a little of the country side then we drove through one of the leases I had when we were running cattle.  I would have liked to got out and called a stand or two but still can't put on a pair of boots and I didn't know what his time restrictions were.  Maybe next time he comes through here he can arrainge it for an overnight stop and we can get out and do some calling. 

Bop - He made me promise that if I make it to the LBL I wouldn't tell you what he told me about ya.   :rolleye:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Bopeye

Ah shoot John, he probably ain't said something that hasn't been said before. It was either loud mouth, jerk, short fat guy, or something along those lines. It's all true so I hope ya don't hold it against me.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HuntnCarve

When Ed was here for a visit I took him to a small restaurant up the road from here.  As we're sitting there eating, I look up and there's a picture of Obama with a couple of the waitresses on the wall.  I quickly apologized to Ed, then made him promise that he wouldn't tell Bopeye.  I've never went back there again. :rolleye: 

weedwalker

Quote from: HuntnCarve on September 05, 2010, 05:39:43 PMAs we're sitting there eating, I look up and there's a picture of Obama with a couple of the waitresses on the wall.  I quickly apologized to Ed, then made him promise that he wouldn't tell Bopeye. 

I told ya Dave, next time I'm up there we can go there and order some wings. But tell them we only want the right wings. :laf:

Well, this has been a good trip for me. Almost a vacation. I got to meet our good freind JohnP and stop to see my son. Well worth the trip for either of them. :yoyo:
Tonight I'm stopped at Tallulah,La. near the La-Ms line. I've milked this run about all I can so I'll be in Atlanta tomorrow afternoon to drop this trailer and home tomorrow night. Then I'm off untill Saturday. I might even get in a stand or two while I'm home this week.
I hope I haven't bored you all to death with my trip. I enjoy staying in touch with you all as much as I can while I'm traveling.
I took a few pictures on the way. When I get home I'll put them on here. I'm limited on my time now.

P.S. Barry, Pineapple is getting wise to all these freindly girls out here. :eyebrownod: They ain't so friendly if you don't give 'em no money. :laf: He's hoping to make another trip out there with me at the end of the month.