• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

had a scare

Started by markTNhunter, March 31, 2011, 12:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

i woke up tuesday morning felling like crapp chest was tight trouble breathing felt very weak and seeing how everybody in my family has had the flew i thought it was my turn so i laid around on the couch all day taking it easy my wife tryed to get me to go to the doctor all day but im stubborn as {L} when it comes to going to the doctor so i told her i would tough it out :eyebrownod: so about 11:30pm my chest felt like it had a doze foot long needles poking it then my right shoulder stated aching  :puke: thats when i started getting scarred!so i gave in to my wife and she took me to the ER they ran an EKG,blood work and a chest Xray and didnt find any thing wrong :confused: oh ya and my blood presure was 176 /113 ive never had high blood presure.so the the DOC narrowed it down to Reflux  :confused: i was wandering if anyone else has had this happen?

KySongDog

Sure sounded like a heart attack to me.   :shrug:   And that blood pressure is ripe for a stroke.   

What ever it was I hope you get it figured out. 

HaMeR

I hope you get it figured out too!! Best of Luck for sure!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

msmith

Yeah. Been to the ER more than once for the same thing. Ended up being esophageal spasm. Feels just like a heart attack. Took glycerin for a while when it would come on, and that helped but; how to tell when it's just the spasms or actual heart problems. I went and had the scope done and found out that years of snuff, ibuprofen, and hot sauce had given me Barrett's disease. It's actually a precancerous condition in the esophagus caused by reflux due to a hiatal hernia caused by the forementioned. Nexium every morning since has done wonders. I have also backed off the hot sauce, coffee, and take Tylenol when I can, don't eat after 6 PM if I can help it, and quit snuff a few years before they actually found out the problem.

Good luck on getting an accurate diagnosis!

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/barretts/

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Bills Custom Calls

I went to the doctors office 10 years ago for some of the same symptoms and after getting checked over there he sent me to the step down unit at the hospital I was there for 3 days all kind of blood tests and a stress test and he told me the symptoms I have are very similar to a heart attack
he called it acid reflux gave me 2 prescriptions and sent me home He kept wanting me to come back and see him once every 2 weeks so he could keep checking on me I quit going after the 2nd visit, he died in his late 40's and I am still here
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Jeb

Had a buddy several years back(he was about 30 and looked healthy) was at a family get together , chest started hurting like no tomorrow. Well he got a ride in a ambulance with a family caravan behind him all the way to the er. Well after the medical team hooked him up with wires and all the doctor finally came in looked at everything and said son, dont think its your heart. He said doc put on a rubber glove and greased it up well....... :holdon: GAS GAS GAS  :holdon:  my bud said it took about 2 seconds to clear out the room.....lol he said those nurses ect were about to knock each other over trying to get out the door. :alscalls: :alscalls: . Just goes to show chest pains aint always a heart attack.

coyotehunter_1

Mark, it's good you decided to go to the doc. Like Bill said, there are several health issues can mimic the symptoms of a heart attack. It just don't pay to take chances with the old pumper. I'm sure your family physician will have you keep a close watch on the BP too. We want you hanging around here as long as possible.  :wink:

:alscalls: @ Jeb.   :sick2:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

Jeb that reminded me of Bopeye at the LBL.  :alscalls:

Mark, thats scary stuff. :sad3: I'm glad they dont think it's a stroke or heart attack.
There seems to be a LOT of heartburn, acid reflux crap going around lately. I get it more often, the neighbors get it more often, people at work say they've been having it quite a bit.
Last week I was explaining what heart burn is to my 14 yr old daughter, she's Dad thats a constant thing for me, sometimes I even burp a lil juice.

WTH? The whole country has been poisoned and we dont even know it?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

My wife had those symptoms  4  years ago and ended up with 2 stents. Had a coronary artery 95 % blocked. 2 years later same thing. Glad yours wasn't that serious but it pays to get checked and make sure.

iahntr

I'm always stubborn about goin to the Dr. too, but ya just never know.
Glad ya went in, and they ruled out the immediate worst anyways.
Hope ya get it figured out. 
Scott

bambam

Another tip for anyone whose Doctor orders a stress test. My wife had one a week before she had her first stents and they told her everything was fine.  :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye: :madd: :madd: :madd: :wo: :wo: :wo:

Bills Custom Calls

I started eating yogart back in Dec and it has really helped with my acid reflux
I don't take near as many as my acid relief pills and sometimes I don't even take any I have went as many as 3 days now with no pills for acid When I used to take them morning and night and still end up with the acid in between

It has been said before though if you get those chest pains or shortness of breath don't just shrug them off it could be serious
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

vayotehowler

had the same one time felt like an elephant sitting on my chest. glad to hear ur ok. my ub=ncle had heart attack last year and was happening in the ambulance . when he got to er they ran a catheter and stopped the attack in its tracks.  better safe than sorry

CCP

Glad you went to the Doc you never know,

The little blue purple (Nexium) has been apart of my life for 2 years now. Before I would lay in on floor/ground in pain.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

I know the feeling Mark. A couple months ago I started feeling like crap at work. Shortness of breath, tightness in chest, sweating, and basically just real uneasy. I became convinced I was having a heart attack so I went to my truck and took off for the E.R. Called work and my wife on the way and told them where I was going. Started giving my wife instructions on where some legal stuff was at, life insurance, how I wanted my babies raised, etc. I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to leave my babies yet. They did all kinds of tests and then told me it was just anxiety. MY BUTT!!!
Anyway, I have started taking my health a lot more serious. Been walking the treadmill, losing a few pounds here and there and knocked off all fast food. I miss the fast food a little but not near as much as I would miss my babies.

Here's to all of us doing the right thing for our babies.  :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

markTNhunter

thanks guys for the replys and info!went today to my family Doctor they ran the same test as the ER and a few more blood test to rule out some other stuff they said i had Peptic Ulcer.made me an oppointment @UT with a specialest to be 100% sure.so no more coffee,tea,tomatoes,fried food,SNUFF till i get this hilled up.ive still got this little uneasy felling in my chest hope there right,ive never had chest pains till this happend it makes a man think i got all kinds of thoughts runnin through my head.

thanks
                               Mark

Dave

That sounds like a tough stretch you're going through.  Hope it's nothing more than what they've diagnosed.

pitw

Go hunting :rolleye:, if you don't make it at least you weren't sitting around worrying about :eyebrow:, good luck, stuff hurts like [L].
I say what I think not think what I say.