• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

RayElla's ( Lacie 23) hog hunt

Started by bambam, June 25, 2012, 03:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

Here is the story and some pics of RayElla's hog hunt. I apologize in advance for the lack of good pics. Like the Turtleman says.... it was Live Action !! 

This is the first hog the dogs caught. Not a big one ... about 65 pounds,,  but it put up a good fight, and RayElla didn't hesitate one minute to wade in and stick it.

We couldn't celebrate or get better pics because the dogs had split up and had another hog headed for the river. Before it got back to the bank, the dogs got on top of it and drowned it.

About this time, one of the guides got overheated and had to find some shade to cool down. while we waited for him to recover, the dogs caught another hog. The guides took off on horses, and RayElla, my step-son, Julian, and I were on foot. We raced through the swamp and beat the guides to the hog.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: Got a pic of the fight before they got there. Julian stuck this one.  :laf: :laf: :laf: The guides were pretty impressed with us then.  :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:

It was one of the more exciting hunts I have been on. RayElla and julian had a great time. Can't wait to do it again.

FOsteology

Your kids are hooked now! Nothing gets the blood and adrenaline pumping like hawg-dawgin'.

They stuck the perfect size hogs for the smoker or grill.  :biggrin:

bambam

Man they were the perfect size for the campfire Fos !!  After Julian stuck his, we were standing around thinking the hunt was over, when the dogs took off after the BIG one. We never got close it, but it cut one of the best dogs, and RayElla actually saw it flip one of the dogs into the air above the brush. It was too thick and the dogs were too whipped to bay it up though. Maybe next year.  :wo: :wo: :wo:

HaMeR

Purdy cool stuff right there!! Thanks for sharing bambam!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Nice job Girl!! :yoyo: Thats good stuff. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Congrats on the hogs.  That would be something to participate - even as a spectator.

Jerry

Dave

Sounds like some intense hunts.  And beating the guides to the hog!  Good job!

iahntr

Scott

nastygunz

JohnP

Good going RayElla.  Enjoyed the story and the pictures.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs