• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Duck Dynasty's Phil Roberston gets suspended from show.

Started by FinsnFur, December 18, 2013, 08:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

This dust up will do nothing to engender warm fuzzy feelings toward the gay/lesbian/homo loving crowd.   If anything, the animosity toward the sodomites will only get stronger.   

FinsnFur

Quote from: FOsteology on December 19, 2013, 08:36:20 PM

.....sever business relations with the Robertson Family despite boycott requests coming from gay lobby groups like GLAAD, reports TMZ Sports.

The homos are getting mad and rallying together.  :laf:

I'm gonna borrow some of your email Jerry and I'll send one off too.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

"Reality" TV does not exist. As long as there are writers, directors & film editing it is not "reality".  While I'm not a DD fan at all I think that show could reach new heights by going to the History Channel with the Landry's. JMO
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Glen, if I'm not mistaken I think the History Channel is part of the A&E network.  I may be wrong - but the last time I was wrong was in 1949, then in 1951 I found out that I wasn't wrong, but I was wrong in thinking that I was wrong.  Have a good day... :innocentwhistle:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dave

Quote from: JohnP on December 20, 2013, 12:59:26 PM
the last time I was wrong was in 1949, then in 1951 I found out that I wasn't wrong
Dang, that's a long time to go thinking you were wrong, when you were really right all along.  I bet you really knew you were right all along.  Some thing happens with me and my wife all the time.  Usually takes her a little longer, though. Also, I'm lucky we can now edit our posts for longer than 5 min.  :biggrin:

HaMeR

That very well could be Mr. John. I don't follow that stuff too much. We just record some different shows then fast forward thru the commercials. I never really know which channel a show was recorded on without asking Diane.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

Putting aside the controversy for the moment, does anyone else find it odd that "GQ" magazine would interview a guy that wears nothing but camouflage clothing...???  :confused: :shrug:

bambam

Quote from: FOsteology on December 20, 2013, 10:10:28 PM
Putting aside the controversy for the moment, does anyone else find it odd that "GQ" magazine would interview a guy that wears nothing but camouflage clothing...???  :confused: :shrug:

Good question FOs. From what I've heard, and what I've been thinking , I think this whole thing was very well  thought out and carefully calculated.

Phil is no idiot. Why would he , a Christian southern redneck, grant an interview to "Gay" quarterly, and why would A&E allow it ?  :confused: :confused:

I have heard that Phil wanted off the show. Maybe , maybe not, but if he did or not, what better way to do it than create a big controversy in the media ?

He and A&E knew it would be a media frenzy, right before the holidays, knowing full well their supporters would rise up en masse, boosting ratings during the holiday season, bringing in millions of ad dollars, and millions more in merchandise sales.   :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

And don't forget, he is already on the next 9 shows, up until Feb. I think, so the ratings and millions will keep rolling in until at least then.

It's all about the money. Happy, Happy, happy.  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Quote from: FOsteology on December 20, 2013, 10:10:28 PM

I thought the same thing, and why would he even agree to the photo shoot for such a magazine. I didnt think he was real thrilled about Seth the Pet Photographer being at the house, so now a photo shoot for GQ? :shrug: :confused:

Good points BamBam :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Gawd!  Another conspiracy to deal with!   We, the masses, are being manipulated yet again!   :madd:

nastygunz

Lmao! Thats my new life motto!

Quote from: JohnP on December 20, 2013, 12:59:26 PM
Glen, if I'm not mistaken I think the History Channel is part of the A&E network.  I may be wrong - but the last time I was wrong was in 1949, then in 1951 I found out that I wasn't wrong, but I was wrong in thinking that I was wrong.  Have a good day... :innocentwhistle:

FOsteology

FinsnFur

He isnt the uneducated, insignificant redneck a lot of people want to think he is.  Not even close.  :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dale

he has a Masters degree in education, and if he hadn't quit playing football in his senior year at Louisiana Tech, to go duck hunting, Terry Bradshaw wouldn't have played first string QB at all in college... the man has made millions of dollars with Duck and Buck Commander, losing this little pain in the butt is no big deal to him...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

gravesco hunter

That rag  of a magazine already new what the reply to the question was probably going to be and scandal and controversy is what sells magazines

gravesco hunter

Now i see were charlie sheen has bashed Phil on twitter how funny is that :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

bigben

Kind of funny actually. A drunk druggie bustin on an educated religious redneck?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

JohnP

http://www.newsmax.com/US/duck-dynasty-robertson-phil/2013/12/22/id/543246?ns_mail_uid=38351742

Cable networks are getting in line to pick up "Duck Dynasty" should the A&E Channel follow through with its threat to suspend the Robertson family's patriarch from the hit program in next year's season.

The Hunt Channel and Pursuit Channel are the front-runners should the show get the axe, TMZ reports.

"We believe in the Second Amendment and freedom of speech ... A&E needs to put on their big boy pants, and if they don't like the programming, they need to either let [the show] go or shut up and pay them," said Merrill Sport, owner of the popular Hunt Channel.

Rusty Faulk, CEO of the outdoor-oriented channel called Pursuit, said they would gladly pick up the show and protect the cast against future threats of censorship.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

redlaw

I personally have no interest in Duck Dynasty or the Robinson Family nor do I care what happens.

gravesco hunter