• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Snow Snow Snow

Started by Carolina Coyote, February 11, 2014, 08:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Its snowing  here this morning, weather says maybe 1 inch today but tonight thru Thursday we could get 6 to 8 inches, Dang Global warming gonna freeze us to death,
All you Snow Birds come on down south and enjoy! Wa Hoo  :biggrin: cc

HaMeR

Well all my Southern Friends be very careful over the next couple days. It doesn't look promising down around there.   :rolleye: :rolleye:

We've had that much up here on the ground for a while now. Would really like to get out & hunt some but before the weather straightened up we ended up with nearly 1/2" of ice on top of it. That makes it a real PITA to walk thru. Every step your foot breaks thru & 1/2 the time your toe gets caught on the way back up. I think I'll pass for a few more days.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Good advise Glen, I plan on enjoying the snow looking out the window, Few years back I went out with about 6 or 7 inches of snow on the ground, it was iced over like you said second step I made and feet flew out from under me and broke a leg. The south is never really prepared for the snow as most people here do not know how to drive in it. The Wrecker service loves it , the ditches will be full of car.  :eyebrow: cc

Hawks Feather

It really shows what a person gets used to having.  You get 6 or 7 inches and are stranded, we get 12 - 18 and are stranded, further north they get 24 3 36 inches and start to wear long pants. 

Stay safe.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Jerry, the last storm??? was 2 inches and it shut Atlanta down for about a week, God know what will happen this week.  :rolleye: cc

nastygunz

Looks rough down there! We looking at up to a foot more Thursday. I remember when I was stationed in Charleston South Carolina one time we had a little bit of snow and slush in the whole place was in chaos.

Dale

here in east Carolina it's been raining since last night, started freezing this morning and been going on all day...  temp has dropped to 29º late this afternoon but still dropping sleet... who knows what we'll wake up to in the morning... and to think I moved down here to get away from this crap... :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on February 11, 2014, 01:24:09 PM
It really shows what a person gets used to having.  You get 6 or 7 inches and are stranded, we get 12 - 18 and are stranded, further north they get 24 3 36 inches and start to wear long pants. 

Stay safe.

Jerry

You can tell its cold in these parts if people are wearing socks with their sandals!    :laf:

Carolina Coyote

You can tell its cold in these parts if people are wearing socks with their sandals!    :laf:

Do they have spurs on their ankles?  :laf:

Most of the snow yesterday was gone by dark and did not snow last night but started coming down about 30 minutes ago and now they are saying we could get up to 12 inches of snow but further south it could be rain and icing mixed in with winds up to 35 mph. They are saying historical storm for the south. The icing will hit the Wanderosia in Georgia and I hate to think how much damage it will do down there, for sure next time down will be Chainsaws and Skid Loaders for several days.  :doh2:

Okanagan

:alscalls:  Socks with sandals is kind of a Seattle thing.  Gore-tex mountain parka, shorts and sandals with socks, sitting in the rain outside a Starbucks at a table with a sun umbrella.    We are across the line north of Seattle but it is common here also.  A friend visiting me from Albuquerque was so amazed by that sight that he had me drive around the block to take a second look at people drinking coffee outside in the rain.     :nono:

CCP

We got a little here about 4". Mostly ice now . I heard in Huntsville they had a few roads salted.

I usually have to pull a few northerners out the ditch when we get ice here. They are not used to driving on ice without salt and plows.

Socks and sandals when it gets cold. That had me rolling. Good one.

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."  Adolf Hitler

One picture is on interstate 59. They closed it right behind us. It was eery traveling 50miles without seeing another living soul on the road after the lead car left us in the powder.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Okanagan

Quote from: CCP on February 12, 2014, 11:31:15 AM
One picture is on interstate 59. They closed it right behind us. It was eerie traveling 50miles without seeing another living soul on the road after the lead car left us in the powder.

That's a serious measure of bad when they close a highway. 

Reminds me... In college days a friend and I were driving from E. WA to LA after Christmas down Hwy 97 in E. Oregon.  We missed a closed sign south of Bend or they closed it right after us, both ways.  Eerie is the right word for driving hours in powder snow with no other cars going either way.  Somewhere toward the south end of the closure near Klamath Falls we heard on the radio that the highway we were driving was closed.  At the south end we skirted around a barricade and kept going.

It is hard to imagine the storm that is now hitting the south.  I can't help but wonder if God is ribbing Al Gore and the global warmists about their prophecies.   :innocentwhistle:

Carolina Coyote

Its really putting it down here now. If it keeps snowing like it is now until in the morning its gonna be bad here.  I was gonna post some pictures but Photobucket is not working right or I;m screwing up . cc

FinsnFur

Quote from: CCP on February 12, 2014, 11:31:15 AM
I usually have to pull a few northerners out the ditch when we get ice here. They are not used to driving on ice without salt and plows.

You are sooo full of it , your eyes are brown :laf: :laf: We scoff at this crap.
We havnt had squat for snowfall this year. A measly 12 to 16 inches locally. :shrug:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

What are those things in your last pic Jim?  :laf: I havent never seen nothing like that..

My buddy over in Georgia said the interstate there was like a parking lot. He got behind a bunch of vehicles with Wisconsin and Minnesota plates trying to get south and they got skeered of the ice and it shut the interstate down. :alscalls:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Carolina Coyote

Not snowing this morning but weather man says it will, we have about 4 inches with a layer of ice between the snow, so far our power has stayed on,( Thank God ) I will be glad when its gone. cc

FinsnFur

Quote from: CCP on February 13, 2014, 04:30:38 AM
My buddy over in Georgia said the interstate there was like a parking lot. He got behind a bunch of vehicles with Wisconsin and Minnesota plates trying to get south and they got skeered of the ice and it shut the interstate down. :alscalls:

Those had to be hillbillys in rental cars, but nice try  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

CCP

2" of snow this morning with an inch of ice underneath. Supposed to get 40 today and sunshine so should be nice out in a few hours.

No sunshine for a few weeks is a real bummer will be glad to see some sunshine.I kinda understand now why my Yankee buddies are so grumpy and rude all the time. Long periods of snow and clouds would make me an azzhole too. :laf:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

centerfire_223

If this was the snow storm of the century, then what a joke!!!    :alscalls:  They were calling for 10-14+ inches and we got maybe 2". Oh well come on spring!!!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

CCP

As you can see my little shrubs didn't mind the snow yesterday morning but the ice with snow they don't like this morning. Kinda felt bad for the little fellows.

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."  Adolf Hitler

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net