• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Snow Snow Snow

Started by Carolina Coyote, February 11, 2014, 08:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Iced up pretty bad here looks like I have several trees down behind the house but don't think I gonna get out as its snowing again.

Hawks Feather

Ice is not your friend.  Even when it is called God's Pruning of trees it is nasty.  If the south hasn't been hit with a good ice storm for a few years you will have all kinds of limbs and trees down.  The good thing to remember is that Jim is always looking for more fire wood.

Jerr

weedwalker

Looking out my motel window in Virginia we got about 12" and supposed to get another 1"-3" today.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Okanagan

Wow!  That's amazing in Virginia.

FinsnFur

Dont ya just love it??
Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow :jump:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dale

we had a warm front come thru last night {Wednesday}, it was 50º at midnight melted everything off... today was basically dry but cooler... seems to be a bit windy though...  hope y'all don't get to messed up with the snow...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

HaMeR

Be Careful Ed!! That's a lot of snow in one dumping for sure. The more snow we get around here the more tires I put to work on the truck. It's just another day in paradise for me.  :biggrin: :biggrin: The ice is as nasty as it can be beautiful.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

It started warming up yesterday afternoon and most of the white stuff here is gone, I think it is supposed to get warmer today and hopefully it will all be gone by this evening.  :bowingsmilie: cc

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on February 14, 2014, 06:02:42 AM
It started warming up yesterday afternoon and most of the white stuff here is gone, I think it is supposed to get warmer today and hopefully it will all be gone by this evening.  :bowingsmilie: cc

Well that is one of the good things about living in warmer areas.  Our snow will be with us for a while longer - thanks to that darned groundhog seeing his shadow.  But on the up side we are scheduled to get above freezing for a couple of days next week.

Jerry

JohnP

Hope everyone comes out of this okay.  Suppose to hit 77 today, in the 80's by the weekend.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Carolina Coyote

Well the snow is almost gone now, just the shady areas still have not melted, I think we got lucky on this storm, Powder stayed on and very little damage to the trees around the house, Where we have to worry about the snow MrJohn has to worry about getting sunburnt. :laf:
Got information a while ago that it was a major ice storm down in Georgia at the Wanderosia, limbs and trees down everywhere and Power is out in that area and may not be back on until sometime next week. :doh2:

Coulter

What's all the fuss about a little snow? We've had nearly 109" and counting so far this year. We're currently ranked number 1 for the snowiest city this year...

http://goldensnowglobe.com/current-top-10-snowiest-cities/

Bring it on... I doubt we'll break our own record of 149" in a season though.

Steve

FinsnFur

Im with Steve...bring it on :thumb2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

6 more in last night. And going to be 60 deg next week. What a wild ride with weather this year has been.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Dale

now that Lake Erie is frozen over the snowfall should slow down for you Steve... when I look at that chart I cringe...   :sad3:  so glad I moved south...

JohnP

Carl â€" Just another typical February day in sunny Arizona with family and friends.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Coulter

Yep, the big Lake has been frozen over for a few weeks now. That's why I don't figure we'll break our record this year......no more lake effect snow :whew:  We certainly got a good dose of snow this year though, we ain't done yet. Heck, we get snow here all tyhe way into April.

My daughter and I actually got turned back from summitting a mountain in the Adirondacks last Memorial Day due to snow and poor weather conditions.

Steve

vayotehowler

Lil late to the party, but. Here in roanoke we got 10 11 inches wed nite and another 11 inches Thursday from 12 -4 pm. Was crazy here. The piles in parking lots are over 18' tall

Dale

ya got that grill lookin good John...   :thumb2:

Carolina Coyote

Mr.John, I had barbecue ribs one day last week from one of the wild hogs I killed this year but I was inside by the fireplace, you old devil you had to show off.  :biggrin:  :alscalls:  :alscalls: cc