• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

, Dave and Buster’s Restaurant

Started by JohnP, July 03, 2017, 10:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Of all the asinine policies, Dave and Buster’s arcade and restaurant in Kentwood, Michigan demanded veterans, Victor Murdock and Adrienne Brown of the American Legion Riders Post 179 of Grandville, MI, remove their vests or vacate the restaurant.

The patches on their vests depicted the American Flag, a bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag. The restaurant’s management claimed the patches on their vests promoted gang-related symbols.

This is political correctness run amok. According to Military.com, Texas-based Dave and Buster’s headquarters issued a statement explaining:

“The group was asked to remove the jackets or turn them inside out because the business’ dress code prohibits evidence of gang affiliation. Spokeswoman April Spearman said the policy was in place ‘to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment.’”
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

What a crock of shit!

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

nastygunz

I hope the riders told them to go F themselves and went somewhere else and spend their money!

Okanagan

Dave & Buster better hope they have enough customers who dislike the American flag to keep them in business, 'cause as word of this gets out, folks who respect the flag won't eat there.

bambam

KySongDog

Quote from: JohnP on July 03, 2017, 10:01:03 AM

Of all the asinine policies, Dave and Buster’s arcade and restaurant in Kentwood, Michigan demanded veterans, Victor Murdock and Adrienne Brown of the American Legion Riders Post 179 of Grandville, MI, remove their vests or vacate the restaurant.

The patches on their vests depicted the American Flag, a bald eagle and the Prisoner of War Flag. The restaurant’s management claimed the patches on their vests promoted gang-related symbols.

This is political correctness run amok. According to Military.com, Texas-based Dave and Buster’s headquarters issued a statement explaining:

“The group was asked to remove the jackets or turn them inside out because the business’ dress code prohibits evidence of gang affiliation. Spokeswoman April Spearman said the policy was in place ‘to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy themselves in a fun and safe environment.’”

I don't ride with the American Legion Riders but I've run in to that mentality before.  These businesses equate anyone wearing "colors" as being gang related so they ban everyone no matter how benign their club.   I've been told to roll it up, turn it inside out, etc.  to which my stock response is "Go f*** your mother."   I can always find another establishment willing to take my money. 

slagmaker

I have run into the same bad attitudes in more than one establishment. And they get the same answer. They can F off there are a great many other places that will gladly serve me.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.