• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Target stand on a budget

Started by possumal, August 05, 2007, 07:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Here is my idea for a portable target stand that has worked well for me for a lot of years.  Best of all, it doesn't cost much to build, and many times you have a lot of the elements on hand in your garage or shed.  As you can see, it is light, compact, and adjustable to the terrain.  All you need is about 20 ft. of 1" pvc, four 90 degree elbows, two 30 degree elbows, 4 tent stakes or gutter nails, two bolts with both flat washers, lock washer, and nuts, two boards (I prefer cedar), some cardboard, targets, and roofing nails, a stapler, or scotch tape.  It eliminates the need to find an old stump or dead tree to place a target on.  All you need is a safe backstop and the farmer's permission to shoot. Even if you had to buy all the parts, I doubt you would have over $25.00 in the whole project.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Thats the one I've been looking for right there!!  :thumb2: Thanks a bunch. I'm gonna print those pics iffn you don't mind!! :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

Print away, good buddy. That's why I posted the thing.  I had one years ago made out of all 1 x 2 cedar which worked real well, but this one is more durable and more adjustable to the terrain.  If I had to buy the ingredients, I would probably opt for the grey pvc that is used for electrical work.  It is thicker walled and a lot tougher, but not a lot heavier.  A buddy of mine liked my idea, but he had some old tent poles around and they worked out real well for the project, especially the two tormentor poles to level up with.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

That is a nice target holder.  My problem is that the MTM one that I have developed plastic termites that started eating holes in it.  The started about the time I started teaching my son-in-laws to shoot.  The metal "realtor" frame that I am currently using has taken some hits, but the holes don't seem to bother it as much.

Jerry

HaMeR

I printed it out & hopefully within the next 5 years or so I can build one now. :rolleye:

:biggrin:  Thanks for posting this!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ohiobob

Al
That is a good idea there,,Now they Just need to make Kevlar Pipe and Cheap too,,I had a Buddy shoot a Hole right into my 4X4 Post I have my Targets hanging on,,and he did it out of a Gun that was SUPPOSEDLY Dead on too  :confused: He was only 16" to the right  :shck: the next shot he missed and then ALL the shots after that were in the damn Paper  :shrug:
He does NOT shoot much but DAMN !!!  :madd:  he is shooting a lot more now,,BUT now I have another GUY to teach which end of the Gun to point and where to point it !!! maybe they will sell "SOFT" Bullets on E-Gay and,,,nah,,they are going 100% Commie,,But I might have to make one of these Target stands for our ATV Shooting Course  :biggrin:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???