• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Monster.com DOES WORK !!!

Started by ohiobob, August 08, 2007, 09:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiobob

Well I FINALLY believe that these Job Referral Sites WORK !!! I spent $0.00 in gas to get my Resume and Cover letter out,I just started about 4 weeks ago,,I started getting e-mails for all the jibs within a 26 Mile radius of my house,well last week I got a call from a Union Shop for their Mechanical Maintanance Job,,they set my Interview up for Today (Wed.) and by the time I got home they called and asked me to come back tomorrow for a Tour of the Plant and to Offer me my Starting Wage  :shrug: I do NOT know what the pay will be BUT if it is NOT decent I will wait for the other place,,I DON'T have a good feeling about the Pay Rate,,But I SHOULD know a lot more tomorrow  :shrug:
I remember when the Dot.Com places were all OVER the Superbowl Commercials,,and I thought Monster.com was either a Joke or a job service for executives or something bigger than us Peon employee's anyway,,but I gave it a try and it DOES work !!! and when I signed up for Monster it branched me off to other sites,,so that made it better and all I had to do was type My resume and Cover Letter 1 time and then just copied and paste the info on all the other sites,, even if I dont get this Job I feel like it works because I have received quite a few Job Referrals that are Semi-Close
to home,,26 miles anyway,,I am STILL thinking I can't believe this stuff actually works  :shck:
Thank You
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Hawks Feather

Bob,

Good luck and I hope you end up shaking your head wondering why they are going to pay you that much money.

Jerry

ohiobob

Jerry
Thank you very much,,I am just HOPEING they offer a half decent price,,I couldnt believe they called me back that Quick  :confused: They have a few "Southerners" that work there,,and I mean DEEP SOUTHERNERS !!! Like South of the Border type of Southerners  :laf:,,I dont have a GREAT feeling about it,but I have a good feeling about how many Employers actually USE the Internet to hire us "Regular" Employee's  :shrug: I have been off work for 3 months,a few weeks ago I decided I have had enough Vacation and it was time to get back into the Swing of things ???
Thank you
Bob

FinsnFur

I looked through there once and ended up saying....forget THAT!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

Jim
I use to do that about 1 & 1/2 years ago but I thought I would give it a try, hell I never went out and Put one Application in or any Resume's in,,and they were sending me quite a few every other day,,I am the MOST SKEPTICAL PERSON in the world !!! well maybe not THEE MOST but damn close,,But I wasnt doing anything anyway so I gave it a whirl,,I think what surprises me the most is that this is a Union Shop  :confused: :shrug:,, I also was gettin quite a few Machinist Jobs too BUT I really wanted to stay in maintenance,,I still may end up taking a CNC Machinist Job,,hell who knows,,I dont have a 100% offer from them yet,,but he kept saying after the "Tour" that I can make up my mind on ,if I want to work there,,I think what Gets me most is that I never used  :shrug: ONE DROP of Gas !!! and IF I get the job he said I could have my Choice of Day Shift or Midnight Shift,,Midnights do not bother me BUT since I live out in the Sticks My Wife does NOT want to be home alone all night  :shrug: I have a gazillion Guns here AND they are all loaded,,so I dont know why she dont like it here alone at night,,of course it may go back to when she wanted her CCW Permit,I took her out in the yard at the "Range" and she turned out to be a half decent shot,,but came to the conclusion she could NOT kill another Human Being NO MATTER WHAT !!!  :rolleye:
Bob

Bopeye

That's great Bob..........I hope it works out for ya..... :congrats:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ohiobob

Thanks Bopeye,,and I hope it works out too,,I actually forgot how to "Bullshit" the interviewer  :laf: well for at least 20 seconds anyway
Bob

bushmaster

Hey Bob! I got my fingers crossed for ys  :fingerx: :thumb2:

Ya know, theres probably money to be made off of Monster using the gang here for a commercial :holdon:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Nelson

Bob,

Good luck!!  I hope you find a job you'll be happy with.

Nelson

CCP

Good luck and hope they come off the money for you.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

ohiobob

Quote from: CCP on August 09, 2007, 05:11:34 AM

Good luck and hope they come off the money for you.

Rich
That is my concern because they employ "FAR" Southern People of Mexican Descent,,and it makes me wonder if they are just "CHEAP" or is it a case of another job that Americans won't do ??? I am leaning towards them being cheap,,BUT at least I get the "TOUR" today and I will get to see these "FAR Southerners" get to run around like a Chicken with their heads cut off,,LITTERALLY  :eyebrownod:
Bob

Silencer

How'd ya make out Bob ??  I hope things went well  :fingerx:

ohiobob

Jesus Christ I didnt KNOW that I could negotiate wages,,the guy made the offer,and I basically said that I think I would PASS on the Wage and was going to leave and he said,,WAIT,,we talked again,,he gave me the tour and NOW I have to go back Tomorrow for another offer after he taked to the Boss,,they are HARD UP for Maintenance Men,,which is Obvious if they want to hire me  :laf:  :biggrin: I THINK it will be that when I go up Tomorrow I will talk to the Plant Engineer and then they will offer again and let me Mull it over the weekend  :confused: :shrug: AND I NEVER realized that a Union Shop was even Negotiable ??? he told me that IF I took the job that I was to tell NO ONE what I was getting paid !!! and he was DIRECT about that !!!  :wo: so SOMETHING just does NOT feel right  :shrug:  BUT I did get a Partial tour,,the warmest it is in that Plant is 65 Degrees in the Processing Part,,and there are a few Places that it is 32.5 Degrees,,a friggin 1/2 Degree above freezing  :shck: and the WORST PART IS,,there was only about 5 nice lookin Girls that I saw and 2 of them work in the damn Office  :doh2: I am starting to get pissed off about making 3 trips up in 3 days and I am NOT gettin paid for it
But this Negotiation for a Maintenance Man has me stumped,,My Job at the Tile Plant was Union but EVERYONE got the same entry Level Wage when we started up there  :confused: :shrug: I have only worked 1 union Job,and that was my last job,,so maybe the Tile Plant did it ass backwards  :shrug:
Bob

FinsnFur

Now we gotta get Bill logged on over there  :biggrin: :wink: :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

What tile plant did you work for Bob?

I work as a supervisor in a tile plant myself.

ohiobob

Bopeye
I worked at United States Ceramic Tile in East Sparta Ohio,,last Friday was the LAST DAY for USCT,,they sent ALL of our Jobs to Brazil,,wonder if they will change the name ??? Probably not
Bob

Bopeye

I'll be darned.

I work for Crossville Inc. Porcelain Stone Tile company.

We are in the process of doing another big expansion.
That makes four in seven years. It's only 30 million dollars, but what the heck....... :doh2:

Sorry about NAFTA biting you in the butt too. I hope your new job is much better.

Bills Custom Calls

I am already logged on at monster but not to many want to hire someone that has a resume that states all  my work comes back must be redone  I need to be over paid  would like company truck gas furnished and pay starts when I get up in the morning :shrug:   :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

weedwalker

Quote from: Bopeye on August 09, 2007, 10:33:29 PM
I work as a supervisor in a tile plant myself.

Wouldn't be Crossville Ceramics would it? :confused:
Just wunderin', I've been there way too many times. :eyebrownod:

weedwalker

Hey Bill, there must be something going around. Our company may layoff up to 30 people today. If they go over 20, I'll be out. Probably won't know for sure till Monday. :wo:

Ed