• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wife Undergoing Surgery (Updated)

Started by CypressSlough, August 16, 2007, 11:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Hey guys, I just wanted to let everyone know. My wife went to the emergency room yesterday for wht she thought was kidney stones. As it turns out she does have a huge kidney stone they are going to have to remove. In the process of testing and doing an ultrasound, they found a large mass on her right ovary. They have ran several more tests, and she has a 6" diameter tumor growing on her right ovary. It has to be removed along with the ovary. They aren't sure yet what it is, but the ultrasound shows it to be a solid mass tumor. It could either be a benign tumor or cancer. When she had our youngest daughter a year ago, there wasn't anything wrong with her ovary. The rate at which it has grown has the doctors very concerned it may be cancer. This is a major tumor to develop and grow to this size in only a year. She's having the kidney stone removed this afternoon and will have the tumor removed within the week. They can't remove both at the same time, but they hacve to put her to sleep to do each one. The doctors don't want to put her under twice too close together to prevent other complications. To say we are a little freaked out and frazzled at this point is an understatement. She's only 29 years old, and is undergoing a partial histerectomy. I have internet access in the hospital, so I will keep everyone updated on what is going on. I would appreciate everyone keeping us in their prayers. Maybe one of these days, we can have a hospital free year. Chloe has fully recovered from her eye injury and starts kindergarten on Monday, and Emma, our youngest daughter, just turned 1 year old  on the 5 of Aug.

Well the first part is over. The kidney stone was removed successfully and a stent was put in place to allow her kidney to drain properly. Her kidney was swollen twice the normal size. The doctor removed all of the stone and is sending it off for testing. If they can figure out what is made of, they can help prevent future stones from forming. She gets to go home this afternoon. She has to come back on Monday for a full work up by her OB/GYN, and he will schedule the tumor removal. I'll keep everyone updated on how that goes. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys. We do really appreciate them.

Thanks, Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

KySongDog

Hope all turns out well, Brian.  Will pray for the fast recovery of your wife.

Semp

Bills Custom Calls

Wow Brian You sure have hade your share this year
I am glad to hear the youngen is doing fine

Hope your wife has a full recovery  also
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Todd Rahm

We'll keep you and your family in our prayers Bryan.

HaMeR

It's good to hear little Chloe is doing fine now. :congrats: :congrats:  I certainly will keep your Wife & entire Family in mind over the next several weeks. I hope today goes good for everyone & that next week goes even better. My Wife had her partial almost 2 years ago at the age of 32. This past February we went thru the cancer scare too. We were fortunate that it was benign & we do hope from deep inside that your Wife is benign also. Best of Luck!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Brian,

Your wife and all of your family will be in my prayers.  Kidney stones are no fun, but the tumor would also cause concern.  At least they found it early.  Chloe starts kindergarten on Monday - WOW.  I always loved the first few days of school when the little ones would come in.  I would start my day on the playground with them and then after the bell rang and the kids went in, I would stand and talk with the crying parents for about a half hour.  It is a big first step as they start off to school.  I hope she has fun.

Jerry

Brad H

I wish both of you the best Brian. I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.

Brad

awh

Brian,
Sorry to hear this. We will pray for the whole family and keep telling her everything is going to be fine.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

CypressSlough

Thanks guys. I'm just about ready to pull out my hair, at least what little I have left, with all of the medical problems we've dealt with this year. We just dealt with the exact same thing the end of last year with my grandmother. Her's wasn't found early and had spread though out her entire abdomen. She is doing ok now, but the chemo treatments are taking their toll on her. This is the reason we are so concerned. It's like we are reliving it all over again.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

bowjunkie

Brian ,our thoughts and prayers are with you guys hope all is ok ...definantely keep us updated

Ed

Silencer

Your family and wife will be in our thoughts and prayers. 

iahntr

Brian, really sorry to hear that about your wife! That's tough news. After several years of problems, my wife had a hysterectomy four years ago too. There's not much a guy can say to make it better. Stay strong for her and the girls. Our family will be praying for yours. Keep us posted. Let me know if there's anything we can do.

Glad to hear that Chloe has fully recovered! That's great!
Scott
Scott

newbomb

Thoughts and prayers goin out Brian.

ohiobob

Brian
I hope ALL your Troubles will turn out Good !!! God Bless
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

kiyitec

We're with ya brother.  Take care and God Bless.
"DESIGNATED SITUATIONAL CALLER"
  Contact me for information on how to become one today, and see how easy it is to save money on guns & ammo.  List of references available upon request.

Purgatory_Predator_Calls

Brian,

I'm truly sorry to hear your news partner.  It honest and truly is a shame that such bad things happen to truly good people.  I don't know you or your wife but I do know what it's like to truly care about someone.  My wife is 28 and we're currently trying to get pregnant.  It breaks my heart to think about something happening to her.  She is my life.  My wife and I will pray that the test results come back benign.  But if they don't, rest assured that the lord works in mysterious ways man, and that you WILL have prayers from my family. 

If there is anything you need man, anything at all just say the word and it's done.  Keep us updated!

Joey Gacnik
When you feel like you can't take another step, ALWAYS take one more!

Bygog!

www.purgatorypredatorcalls.com
CPCMCA www.custompredatorcallassociation.com

keekee

Sorry to hear that Brian! I feel for you all. And we will keep you in our prayers!

Brent

Nelson

Brian,

I pray for the best outcome for you and your family.  We prayed for the best outcome for Chloe, and it worked.  We will do the same for your wife.

Nelson

CypressSlough

Thanks guys. We've had a hell of a year. My garndmother had ovarian cancer the end of last year, my nephew almost broke his neck on his first birthday, Chloe's eye injury and now this. Man it makes it really hard to keep going. It definitely tests your faith. Everything happens for a reason, and we will get through this as well.

Joey, I know what you mean. Thankfully we have all the children we can handle. I couldn't imagine dealing with this while trying to have kids. We've also decided if there is a greater risk of another tumor forming on her other ovary, we want them to do a full histerectomy. I don't want her to have to deal with this again. She's scared to death of what this tumor could be and of not getting to see the girls grow up. Everyone is trying to keep her thinking positive, but that only goes so far until they know what it actually is.

Brian. 
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

iahntr

Thanks for the update Brian. Glad to hear the first part went well. Keep the faith buddy.
Scott