• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wife Undergoing Surgery (Updated)

Started by CypressSlough, August 16, 2007, 11:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

studabaka

Brain,

You and you family are in my prayers. Seems you are getting more than your fair share of life's challenges. All you can do is step up to the plate and take them on as they come. Sounds like ya'll have been doing that and have had some success. It's good to hear your daughter is doing well and that the kidney stone operation went well.

Keep the faith and stay strong my friend. Hold tight to your family and your wife. Not knowing always has us thinking the worst, but we will pray the tumor is benign. There has been a lot of progress and success in this area of medicine over the last few years. My ex went through a bout with breast cancer a few years ago, but it has not returned [praise God]. Just recently she had to have a hysterectomy and a tumor of similar size removed. It was benign, though kind of amazing how a tumor could get that big that fast without being detected as she has been having regular visits to the doctors and regular tests ever since the breast cancer.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

bowslinger

CypressSlough

Thanks guys. She went through her tests yesterday. The doctor seems to think it is some type of cyst. He studied the ultrasound scans closer, and the tumor isn't completely solid as he first thought. It has quite a bit of fluid filled areas, which is more consistant with a cyst than a cancerous tumor. Her surgery is scheduled for Friday morning.

The crappy part of this situation is, her company islaying her off because she is having surgery. Her last day is Thursday. She's is missing the FMLA cut by about 3 weeks. They told her she couold reapply when she is ready to come back to work, and if the position is still available, she could have it back. Nothing like working for someone that doesn't stand behind their managers.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

awh

Sorry to hear that on her job. Seems all the companies are showing their true colors here lately.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

ohiobob

You know what gets me,,in Japan they bend over BACKWARDS to keep their employees Happy,,the Place my Ex Wife works bends over Backwards to keep the Employees happy,,where my Ex works is Union,,and EVERY TIME the Contract comes up the Company comes in with a NEW Contract that TOTALLY blows away what the Union even wanted so they sign on the FIRST Proposal,,AND they give each Employee a $500-$1000 signing Bonus for accepting the FIRST Proposal,,this Place takes Applications ONE time a Year,and when that day comes there are LONG lines of People to just fill out an Application for this Place !!! :wo:

NOW it seems that 90% of the Companies here in the USA try to SCREW their Employees,,I had the same thing Happen on my FIRST and SECOND Hip replacement,,they BOTH said that My job would be there when I cam eback or they said the same shit,,that I could RE-APPLY for my Job,,well in BOTH cases they replaced me within 2 weeks,,and they said they COULDNT save my job,,and in some little way I Know they couldnt, But it just seems that this Country is going to be Crap in the next few years
With Good ole Boy "Bill Clinton" signing that worthless NAFTA Agreement,,he basically signed this Countries death warrant,,with ALL these Jobs going overseas the New Employers Pit worker against worker and in this way they keep the wages Low and New Workers dont care because they need a Job
Brian,,that SUCKS that she missed her Protection By 3 weeks,,sometimes it seems that EVERYTHING is going against you,,BUT just keep on going Forward and things WILL get better,,I know because I have been there
So I/We will keep you and your Family in our thoughts and PLEASE keep thinking that things WILL get better,,because they will !!!!!!!!!
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

iahntr

Thanks for the update Brian. That stinks about her job! That seems to be the norm any more doesn't it. :rolleye: Her health's the main thing right now, and the doc sounds positive. We'll be thinkin of ya on Friday. Scott
Scott

cb223

Brian,

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Chad
CHAD

KySongDog

Quote from: CypressSlough on August 21, 2007, 09:00:57 AM

The crappy part of this situation is, her company islaying her off because she is having surgery. Her last day is Thursday. She's is missing the FMLA cut by about 3 weeks. They told her she couold reapply when she is ready to come back to work, and if the position is still available, she could have it back. Nothing like working for someone that doesn't stand behind their managers.

Brian.

Brian

I don't think the company can lay your wife off because of her surgery.  They can't punish her for using the medical plan.  I am assuming here that she has been at her job for more than few months and is not brand new.   Contact the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and file a complaint.  Your wife's company WILL respond !   

Semp

canine

Brian, Hope all turns out well for you and the entire family...Your right, that is alot to endure. Stay positive and keep the faith!

Were prayin for ya Bud!!

JD

FinsnFur

:rolleye: That is sad Brian, hang in there Bud  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

keekee

I sure hope all goes well bud! Just have faith! Things will come around!

Brent

Pilgrim

Prayers for your wife and yourself, Brian. 

ohiobob

Things WILL turn out good,,keep your Chin up
Bob

CypressSlough

Hey guys. I wanted to take a little time to give you all an update on my wife. She went in for surgery at 8am this morning. The surgery was supposed to last about 1 hour.  After 2 hours, we got the worst possible news we could have. It is cancer, and it's attached to everything in her abdomen. The good news is, it was only attached to the membranes surrounding the organs. It had not actually invaded them yet. The doctors were able to remove all of it. The bad news is, it was inside her colon. They had to remove a little more than half of it, but they were able to reattach the ends together so it will function. 6 and a half hours later, she was finally out of surgery. They aren't really sure what they are actually dealing with yet. All they know is, it is cancer. Once the results come back, we will know what it is, and what we can do. Right now, it appears to be 2 different types of cancer. Most of it is ovarian, but they are thinking what was in the colon is actually colon cancer. Her doctor told me, with tears rolling down his face, he never thought in a million years he would tell me, my 29 year old wife has cancer. He is in shock as much as we are. He also said, he has never seen cancer this aggresive. She hasn't shown any signs of having cancer, and it took a kidney stone to find it. If it hadn't been for the kidney stone, once she started having symptoms, there wouldn't have been anything they could have done but make her comfortable. The cancer is the reason she was having kidney stones so often. It had wrapped itself around the ureter and caused the kidney to back up, and that's what caused the stones to form.

She seems to be doing ok. She's just in a lot of pain, but she came through the surgery like a champion. He said, she didn't give them one reason to be concerned with handling the surgery. Once she heals some from the surgery, we will discuss step 2, which will entail some form of chemotherapy.

The really rough part was, she didn't know anything that transpired. Once she came out of it enough, I had to tell her everything. I will tell you guys. I've never experienced anything that tough before. Even having to deal with Chloe's eye injury wasn't this hard. I don't ever want to have to experience that again. I'm sitting in the hospital room trying t put all this in perspective, and I'm still in shock and a daze.  I'm at such a loss right now. I'm not sure where to even start. I guess we will just have to take it one day at a time, and go from there. Thanks for being there and listening guys. I appreciate it more than you could imagine. I will keep ya updated.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Pilgrim

Brian,
I have prayed tonight for your wife, yourself, and all of your family - and will continue to do so.   May you all have a peace and strength beyond all human understanding.
Patrick

Hawks Feather

Brian,

Your wife and your family will be in my prayers as well.  In the last year and a half I have learned more about cancer than I ever wanted to, but there have been great improvements in treatments.  Hang in there.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I don't know how I would deal with that Brian.  :sad: I can only imagine what you and the family are going through.
Keep her comfortable, keep her happy, and most importantly let her know that your going to be right there for her.

We'll continue to pray and you guys will pull through this. That's all there is to it  :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Brian, so sorry to hear this news.  We will continue to pray for your family, and like you said, you take it one day at a time. Let me know if there's anything we can do . Take care, Scott
Scott

ohiobob

Brian
Hopefully the Cancer will Be Done traveling,,I can NOT imagine what your Wife,,You and your Kids are Going through right now,,Hang in there and see what the Doctors say,,as someone said,,take it one day at a time and Godspeed to your ENTIRE FAMILY !!!  :sad:
Bob

CypressSlough

Thanks guys. Luckily our kids are to young to really understand what is going on. Chloe still thinks they removed "rocks" from her mommy's tummy. We went htrough this same exact thing the first of the year with my grandmother, and Chloe will just now look at her without crying. To protect her for now, she won't know any different than they removed "rocks". I can't have her that upset right now. It's hard enough as it is. I didn't realize how easily a grown man could be brought to tears, but believe me, I've had my share flowing today.

I talked to her doctor a little bit ago. He said he didn't see any reason to suspect it had entered her lymph nodes. As a precaution, they removed all of them that were near the tumors. He feels very confident she'll get through this and live 40 -50 more years. We'll just take it one day at a time and get through this.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503