• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Update on Laura

Started by CypressSlough, September 15, 2007, 06:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Hey guys, I haven't posted much lately. Laura is doing pretty good. She has good days and bad, but that is to be expected. She's getting around pretty good with little pain. We saw the oncologist a week ago. He told us, she will have to have alot of chemo. I asked him what is alot of chemo. He said, every 3 weeks and many many cycles. He had not determined what drugs to use at that time. So he couldn't tell us how long a cycle is. She starts chemo on Sept. 26. She will be getting almost twice the average dosage due to her age and overall good health. He told us, he wanted her to be able to resume a normal life as soon as possible. He's gonna run his own tests to determine exactly what we are dealing with. Her incision has opened up in 2 places and is having to be dry packed every 24 hours. Guess who is the lucky person who gets to do that. It is healing well though.

My Fire Department held a fundraiser for us today. They sold 600 hamburgers and raised $6500 for us. I was told a little while ago that checks were still being delivered. One thing really got to both of us. Her doctor and his nurse came out and wrote a $500 check. He keeps amazing us with his support and concern. We can't believe the support we have received both here at FnF and locally.

Thanks again guys,

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Bills Custom Calls

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers    wishing you and yours the best

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hawks Feather

Brian,

Thanks for the update.  She sounds like a strong woman, but is going to need lots of support as well.  Hang in there and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

Jerry

newbomb

Prayers comin from WFD local 495 Brian.

bowjunkie

sounds like Laura is doing better than expected  :congrats: the Good Lord works miracles keep faith and you both will get through this with flying colors

in out thoughts and prayers

Ed

DirtyDog

cb223

Brian,  Sounds like things are going in the right direction.

I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Chad
CHAD

Todd Rahm

Thanks for the update Brian. Glad to hear ya have strong community backing ya up down there too.  :congrats:

HaMeR

Thanks for the update Brian!! More Ohio prayers & Well Wishes are headed your way!! :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Nelson

Brian,

Hang tough and keep a positive attitude.   We have been and will continue praying for ya'll daily.

Nelson

FinsnFur

Good news.  :congrats: And god willing, it will continue.

Pretty awesome feat accomplished by your brother firefighters there. It'd take a awful numb person to say that didn't put a lump in their throat.
Hang in there buddy....and remember you got a helluva team behind ya.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Sounds like a great fundraiser, and great support !
One step at a time.  :thumb2:
Scott

Arkyyoter

Ya'll are still in our prayers.....

Joe

frshwtr

if its o.k. with you i will ask for laura to be put on our church's prayer list. even so i will pray for her and  you.

CypressSlough

Thanks guys.

Frshwtr, I don't mind at all. Thank you.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

CypressSlough

Hey guys, we got some bad news today. The pathologist here got it wrong. Laura has been re-diagnosed with colon cancer instead of ovarian cancer. The oncologist in Little Rock said it makes things much worse than before. She will get treatments every 2 weeks instead of every 3, and it will be a much more aggressive treatment. He told me he couldn't promise anything at this point, but he would do his best to treat her. She had another CT last week, and it only showed a very small spot on her liver. Nothing else showed up anywhere. We are hoping that is all that's left. Once the oncologist sees the scans, maybe he will give us some better news.

Brian.
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Nelson

Brian,

We will hope for the best and keep praying for both of you and your family.

Nelson

studabaka

Nothings changed..... you were setting your jaws for a fight before and your setting your jaws for a fight now. You had a bunch of good folks praying for ya before and they still are. You were planning on doing aggressive chemo treatments before and you still are. Sounds like you have good doctors and they are working the details of their part. You guys just have to stay focused on your parts. Attitude makes a big difference. Belief in success is fundamental. Fight the fight. You will succeed.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Brian,

Plus one to what Stu said. We are all thinking and praying for you and yours.

DD

Hawks Feather

Brian and Laura,

I think Stu hit the nail on the head.  Hang in there.  With my granddaughter, once the could put her under for the biopsy, they said that it was T-Cell lymphoma.  Of course we wanted to know success rates and were told just over 90%.  When we asked how Maddie looked compared to others we didn't get answers.  We heard success stories and we hear heartbreak stories from other parents, but the doctors were pretty consistent in got giving overly optimistic reports.  So just continue to fight on.

Jerry