• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Call, for some reason, looks familiar

Started by Braz, October 29, 2007, 11:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

I agree, take a break Al...but no need to shut us out. Sounds like the whole thing was a big misunderstanding anyway. I can't see throwing out everything you've earned with a lot of these guys.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Pilgrim

NASA

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 30, 2007, 06:02:03 PMI can't see throwing out everything you've earned

That's right.  And what you've earned is respect!

Todd Rahm

QuoteYou said  "If Alpenliter was being loyal he would have posted "Its a nice call with a THO flare or look to it" A subtle way of pointing out that fact, but he didn't"

yet in the thread on PM what did YOU say?

QuoteNow honestly I don't care what you said.   But you brought up what Braz could have said - and I'll say you could have said the same thing.  But you didn't.

Al,

I meant exactly what I said in that post, and didn't need to add anything. What I didn't do was post there and then come here on what appears to be a fishing expedition.  :shrug:

Al ya have had a big influence on the hobby and unless someone copies your "Classic" or "bonker" to a "T", I honestly and really don't pay attention to the little stuff anymore, I just come to expect it.

QuoteWhat more do you want me to do?  Run over there and kiss his ass too?

No, I don't, but quit expecting everyone to kiss yours. You offer allot of help and guidance, and claim to do it for all the right reasons, but as soon as your not being recognized or getting credit, its the wow is me attitude, and all of a sudden all your closest friends and supporters are camping out on enemy grounds.  :argh: If you would just let your work and good deeds speak for them selves, and truly be happy some one is copying or emulating you...................you'll be a much happier man, and have better long term returns so to speak, instead of the instant gratification that is short lived like a sugar high.

QuoteEveryone over there is lauding that "dimpled" mouth piece.  You included. 

While the dimple is a nice touch, it was the furthest thing from my mind when I posted the words "mouth piece". What I meant by the mouth piece was the entire piece of ebony used as a whole, more emphasis on the bottom part just before the laminate. I usually I refer to them as mouth piece or stopper as a whole, and I apologize if my terminology isn't correct.

Heck I'm surprised call makers aren't fighting over the wood combos and how they are used yet. "Hey, my call had an ebony stopper, and a coco body. You got that idea from me!"  :rolleye:

Sometimes you call spinners are your own worst enemies.  :mad3:

At any rate, good luck Al.

BigB

I honestly don't know what just went down, but I feel as if it is one of the most depressing days I've had in a long time.  And I am hoping that it isn't happening.  Al, you have been one of the most inspirational folks that I have ever been privileged to have known, and hope to meet you one day to personally give you a thank you and a handshake for all that you have done for me.  The most honorable of men enjoy watching others around them succeed and feel a sense of internal pride when they see their pupils enjoy what they can accomplish.  And Al, you are at the top of this list.  You give everything you have and it shows, and it is very evident that you really enjoy watching your work inspire all of those around you.  You have always set the bar in this craft, and pretty much turned it into art.  You are an inspiration to me and there are quite a lot of other folks that look up to you.  I don't think that begging and pleading will do any good right now, as the only thing that we all need is a little time to relax.  I would hope that you would reconsider, take some time off if needed, and come back when you are ready.  It takes one heck of a guy to have a monumental impact on a craft and it would be a shame if you left like this.  You will be dearly missed as a call maker and as a friend to all of us if you chose to leave.  Many thank you's would not even begin to cover what you have done for us all, but I would like to say THANKS again for the help you have given me.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

canine

Damn..................some of ya'ns need to get out and do more hunting rather than pissin and moanin on the damn computer.

Is this "The guiding light" or "As the world turns".  :iroll:

Go KILL something.

straycat

Well........got no dog in this fight but,I whole heartedly agree with Al. Some of you people are worse than a bunch of grade school girls,running from one forum to another trying to stir shit up.If you are that miserable and think you need to suck up to everybody and have nothing better to do than I feel sorry for you,some of you just need to mind your own business and leave folks alone.

This will probably hurt someone's feelings but,if you don't Feed me,F*ck me,or pay my bills I don't care !

GET A LIFE !!!!!!!!
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

FinsnFur

:laf: It actually dont have anything to do with anyone going to another board and stirring anything Stray.  :confused:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KillerCaller!

It is funny to me, AL, that you used to bust Krusty's chops time after time for whining about this and that on PM. It looks to me that you are now wearing Krusty's clown shoes. You moan and complain at the drop of a hat and take everything as a slight towards you. There were hundreds and thousands of call maker's before you and there will be hundreds and thousands after you. The call making sun does not rise and set in the house of Woodard as you and some like to think. Good calls I supose but a shitty attitude for sure.

Jrbhunter

If someone, or something, at Midwest Predator Hunters is bothering you Al... you can bring that to me personally.

Over the years I've found when dealing with TheHuntedOne there are typically three types of post you can expect. 

1)  "I'm leaving... convince me to stay"   :noway:
2)  "I'm pissed... tell me I'm great"         :bowingsmilie:
3)  "Edited by THO"                              :doh2:

In reading three recent threads on this board I've found half a dozen "Edited by THO"  :doh2:  posts which are otherwise blank.   This tells me you've got some egg on your face again Al and I expect you to be fairly agitative in search of a scapegoat.  I'm not overly concerned, as you've had a beef with me since roughly 2001, but when you elude to my forums as an excuse for your lack of personality I have to interviene.  We're not a "call makers forum" so most of our members & mods don't even know who you are... it's a mere coincidence that you've been fuming mad at 50% of the internet community at one point or another and SOME of those folks visit Midwest Predator Hunters.

Let the conspiracies go Al, you're not on half the radars you wish to be.  But I must warn you, now that you're hunting with a Wildlife Technologies you will have all sorts of enemies and skeptics!  LOL! :)

PS: Don't take this the wrong way.... whatever that may be.

KySongDog

To all you ass-wipes that are piling on Al,  I will bet good money your mouth would be a lot more respectful if you were standing in front of him instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

This thread makes me sick.  It needs to be locked.   

Semp

KillerCaller!

Semp, odds are you are wrong! What would keep me or anyone else from calling someone an asshole to their face? :confused:

browning204

As far as locking this thread, that would be a move more suited for the cowards over on Predator masters.

Maybe we can talk this out (if anymore is needed) in a less aggressive way.

We got a cool crew here, it would be a sin if good guys got hurt and friendships are lost!!!

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

keekee

I'm not going to lock this thread, I have not locked on here yet. But we will keep this civil and respectful or take it to email!

Brent

coyotehunter_1

Posted by: keekee
QuoteI'm not going to lock this thread, I have not locked on here yet. But we will keep this civil and respectful or take it to email!
I agree.

Gentlemen....  For the most part, we are adults here.  Please, lets try to act like it. 
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers