• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

NASA AND BROWNING204'S TRASH TALKIN THREAD!!!

Started by browning204, October 22, 2007, 07:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NASA

I just got back from plains deer opener.  I got skunked there, too!   :doh2:  Mike, you really know your teams.  I was hoping CO was going to be more than just a flash in the pan, but, obviously, I'm not a student of the game.

A fun bet, and I yield to the superior team.    :bowingsmilie:   Hail Sox!!

(edit)  btw,  Manny was out!  He slid in to the right of the plate.  He never touched it until he reached around and slapped it with his hand.  He was already tagged by then.  But, like you said, so what?   :shrug:

rwehuntn

Congratulations browning. I will post a pic of the call when I get home today. I know originally I was going to post a pic of two calls, but I blew one of them up and have not had a chance to make another. If you do not like the looks of the one I post I will make another for you.

NASA, better luck next time.

rwehuntn

browning204

NASA: it was fun!!!

I will admit, when the Rockie hit the homer to Bring them within one of the sox I was all  :fingerx:

But it was all good.

RWEHUNTN:

I trust your taste, I am sure whatever you make will be awesome.

EDIT: SAFE
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

NASA

Yeah, but I still wish it was you making out the checks for those calls and not me.   :laf:

If the call makers will put a price with their pics of the prize, I will send the checks on the way.  Thanks to everyone who played along with us.   :highclap:

Silencer

browning204

rwehuntn

Alright browning here it is, like I said if yoy do not like it be honest and I will make another.

Cocobolo one piece with a tapered mouth and exhaust. Pictured with a 22-250 shell as size reference. as I was inspecting this one, I found a few flaws in the wood I did not notice when I was finishing it. (I think the kids dropped it on the concrete floor) I need to refinish it to get rid of the imperfections, so it may take a few days to send it off. I tried to get decent pics of the ends but they did not turn out worth a shit with my picture taking skills. This is a different shape for me. Let me know what you think.

rwehuntn

browning204

NASA

rwehuntn, send me a PM with price and an addy.  That is a nice chunk of wood!  Wish it was coming to CO.   :pout:

browning204

rwehuntn

browning,

Glad you like it, as soon as I get it finishe up right I will get you address and send it off. BTW what reed you want in it, I have jackrabbit stainless and tin plated brass, let me know.

NASA,

You want one, you got one. Let me know what wood.

rwehuntn

browning204

Quote from: rwehuntn on October 30, 2007, 12:57:51 PM
browning,

Glad you like it, as soon as I get it finishe up right I will get you address and send it off. BTW what reed you want in it, I have jackrabbit stainless and tin plated brass, let me know.

NASA,

You want one, you got one. Let me know what wood.

rwehuntn

I don't know what the tin plated brass is all about :confused: What do you suggest?

rwehuntn

I like the sound of the tin plated brass, it gives a nice raspy sound. I can't tell the difference as far as volume. I have had problems with needing to replace them more often than the stainless, I do not know why that is. It may be due to the softer metal used. I have also noticed they seem temp sensitive. I think the brass may move with different temps (like a thermometer) I don't know. I guess what I am saying is I like the sound of the brass I just don't know about the durability. I'll put the brass reed in it and send a spare stainless one. Sound good? let me know.

rwehuntn

browning204

NASA

bowjunkie

rwehuntn , I think you should make a dozen and label em "rockies calls" and # them 1-12 I would love one as well  :innocentwhistle:

NASA

OK, I've got 2 out of 3 checks in the mail for the "Trash Talk Calls".  I need a price for the Bonzer Bonker that Mr. B204 won.  Send me a PM Al and I'll cut you a check. ;yes;