• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tell us about you!

Started by keekee, October 05, 2006, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Mike. Any friend of Al's doesn't belong he....I mean.... is a friend of ours too.  :wink:

Seriously, welcome aboard, enjoy, and make yourself at home.  :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

canine

My name is JD Piatt. My story goes like this:

I was born and raised a poor .............We'll skip ahead!!
I grew up hunting without really anyone teachin me the ropes. My dad never hunted anything but Rabbits and that was few and far between.  I started out hunting squirells and rabbits, and spent every wakin moment allowed in the woods chasin them. At the same time I started trapping Raccooons and Possums and any other critters that would try and take my slice of liver, hidden under a leaf. Boy the good ol'days, I sure miss em.

When I reached 14 I progressed to Whitetail hunting and shot my first doe that winter with a gun.  I had also improved my trappin skills by then and was running a successful canine line. I caught my first fox at 12 years old. I have not missed a Deer season since.  I have taken several nice Whitetail bucks over the years.

I cut my teeth calling fox at night. Boy was that alot of fun, watchin them beaty little eyes bouncin in to the call and takin them with shotguns. Every fox called was pure excitement, the rush was like no other. Unfortunately coyotes and fox do not co-exist very well. I started havin troubles on the Fox trapline with coyotes eating the stomachs of my caught red foxes. I noticed a major change in my success rates when calling to. I remember the first coyote I called in at night, I was in awe. Ever since then I have been infatuated with coyotes. I changed the way I trapped, to target coyotes. I quit callin fox at night and switched to coyotes in the morning and evenings. It took quite a bit of time and alot of reading Jerry Blairs articles in The trapper predator caller magazine to score my first coyote, calling.

Present time, I am workin with Brent Saxton on an Eastern coyote video series to help shorten the learning curve for the new Eastern callers.  This has taken me to several states I never dreamed I'd ever get the chance to hunt. I hope to see many other states as well. I have had the privelage to meet and shoot the bull with many experienced callers accross the country. Something I cherish greatly.

I am married now for 11 years and have 4 children. 1 daughter and 3 boys,talk about stayin busy..LOL..
I am very lucky to have a wife like i do. She understands my passion for hunting and does pretty well in the fall and winter putting up with my time spent in the woods or traveling.  I mentor my 14 year old son in every aspect of hunting. He along with my 5 year old are the only 2 that show an interest. All 3 of the older kids always enjoyed runnin the trapline with me, but it has been 6 years since I have set a trap. I plan on settin a couple around the house this year so that my youngest gets to experience trapping too.

JD

BigB

A little about me.....

My name is Brian Byers.  I am 29 now, but my hunting days started when I had to stand up in the front seat of the truck to see out.  I grew up in Kansas, but now reside in Illinois.  Coyote and turkey are the preferred game species currently, but deer, pheasant, quail, bobcat, fox, and caribou have been taken in the past.  Weapons that I currently have are a Ruger 22-250, Ruger 270, Browning A5, Browning Gold, and Mathews Legacy Bow.

The summer time is usually consumed by riding my Harley Road King, and winter is hunting season.  I am married to my wife of 3 years.  The best wife that one could ask for that lets me ride and hunt whenever I feel like going someplace.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Bills Custom Calls

Hi my name is Bill Grove I live east central Ohio and have most of my life . I am 42 years old Married 20 years 2 daughters and 1 grand daughter 1 grandson.I have been hunting since I was 13 started out with cotton tails and coon when i was 15 started hunting white tails. 2 months ago i decided To start hunting coyote and so far no luck whatsoever ,But i am sure my day will come
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Welcome to the board gentlemen
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Roundman

My name is Mike May grew up in the hills of WV. I now live in Tennessee. I have hunted for over 25 years and if It were possible  hunting would be my job,but instead I work on cars for a living  :madd: I have mostly deer and small game hunted until a few year ago I picked up a Outdoor Life magazine with a coyote on the cover and started doing some reading on it. Now I  can't wait for deer season to end so I can start calling. After having the first coyote come running in to the call I have been hooked.
I've been married for about 210 years  :biggrin: with two great kids and I would not change any of that.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

clousewt

My name is Tom Clouse, I live in Crossville, Tennessee, just a couple of miles from Bopeye. I am 38 years old, married and have 6 girls. I am fulltime military at the moment, having some back trouble so the military might be done with me pretty soon because of my back. I have always hunted and fished. My dad taught me how to do both. I am originally from Shelbyville, IN and moved to Tennessee when I was 10. I have killed a few coyotes while deer hunting but have never called one in. I am currently trying to get started into trapping and tanning. I have been reading the post about tanning and cant seem to stop. If you are a true hunter we will get along fine. I have a sarcastic sense of humor, dont mean anything bad I say, most is just in fun. lol Tom

newbomb

Hey everybody! IVe been a member  here for a few months I just dont post much. My name is Jeremy Newberry and I live in southwestern indiana im a career firefighter for the city of washington. Ive been hunting and fishing as long as I can remember but just started predator hunting a couple years ago. Ive been married almost 6 years and have a 22 month old little boy. Thanks for having me!

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site fellas  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hillbilly280

Hello All,
           Al (THO) Told me about this site and I am glad he did this is a nice place.I think a lot of Al he is a great guy. My name is Bobby Vanover 50 years old and married 32 years My dad started me hunting early and would help me hold the gun up.I love all hunting but turkey hunting is my real love.I make turkey,pred,and goose calls.I am from wise Co Va and moved to Siloam,NC 10years ago and work in Mt Airy,  Going to give them coyote a hard time dont like them after my turkey.LOL God Bless.

Bobby

Bills Custom Calls

Welcome to the board Hillbilly

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Hillbilly280

Thank's Bill. It's good to be here.
Bob

BANDITT

Hi everyone. My name is banditt( :roflmao:), I live in Southern Wisconsin and have lived in Wisconsin my whole life--(36 years.) I've been hunting (pheasant, deer, turkeys, rabbit, and squirrel)  since I was a young lad. I just lately got into predator hunting in the last year or two, and can't wait to call in my first fox or coyote. I feel as though I'm already addicted to it, and can't imagine what will happen when I finally call one in :wo: :highclap: I enjoy 4 wheeling, shooting (guns and bow), and pretty much anything that takes me into the great outdoors. Since I'm fairly new to predator hunting, I don't have a lot of info to offer, but I plan to soak up the tips you guys offer like a sponge. :wink:   Looks to be a great place here, and I'll see ya'll on the boards.  :yoyo:

coyotehunter_1

Welcome aboard.... gents.  :biggrin:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

BANDITT

Thanks for the welcome coyotehunter.

222Shooter

I saw some familiar faces here so I thought I'd join.

My name is Rich Simpson.  I've been married for 19 years and have a 13 yr old daughter and 16 yr old son. We live in Southern Ohio near Chillicothe.
I was born and raised in Western PA and we moved here in 1997.

I'm 45 yr old and have been hunting since 10-12 yrs old. I became addicted to coyote hunting moments after I called in and killed my first coyote in 2003. The obsession continues.

I'm a Penn State grad in Forestry and served in the Marines

PS  I love the spell check

Todd Rahm

keekee

Hey dude! Your right by me! Welcome to FnF!

Brent

CCP

Welcome glad to have you here!!
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net