• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

MAJOR LOSS! Up date 2/25/08

Started by keekee, January 22, 2008, 12:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

I am so sick right now I could cry! I went out to the shop to finish up a call I been working on and get it ready for the sanding on the inside of the barrel. I go to turn the drill press on and No Power! Not good, I check the plug and no electric. Here is the bad news..................

I got three wall sockets on that line! One to the drill press and two freezers. The sockets are daisy chained together, one feeds the other. The socket on the drill press went bad, causing a loss of power to the other two receptacles.

The two freezers were full from top to bottom with this years furs! :sad:

I'm so sick its not funny! Coons, Mink, Coyotes, Beaver,Rats, Fox all gone! I took a couple that were on top out and they didn't smell bad or look bad but it will take several days for them to freeze back solid all the way threw. I see a total loss coming! I don't even know how many days its been with out power, everything was un thawed completely!

This one hurts! Not only a hole season loss, gas money, lures but all the work in it! Major dollars in fur down the drain! Talk about a punch in the gut and a waist!

After a season of hard work like this year and now this....... :sad: :sad: Man, I'm sick!

Brent

Bills Custom Calls

I feel for ya. I lost a hole freezer full of food that way.Very costly
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Nelson

Brent,
I am really sorry for your loss.  I have enjoyed reading about you trapping and know the time and hard work
you have put into it.  It's a terrible loss, and I know it may not seem like it now, but you will come through it
and recover.  My prayers and best wishes for you.
Nelson

FinsnFur

That sucks..... :sad:

Give your insurance company a call, they might be able to help a little bit.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Arkyyoter

Sorry to hear that Brent.... :sad:

HaMeR

That sucks!! Our old deep freeze went out on us a few years ago & just as luck would have it I went to the basement for whatever it was I was lookinf for & found water on the floor around it. Luckily there was still frost built up on the inside & everything was saved. Good Luck on my part for a change. Maybe your insurance can help some. It's worth a try!! Good Luck & I hope you can save a bunch!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

studabaka

No..... you can't be saying this....... were they even a little cold? I can hardly imagine how ya feel. That much fur. That much work. Man I hope it turns out they are ok.  :fingerx:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

vvarmitr

Do you think they got warmer than 40*?  :shrug:
I understand that there isn't pelt loss under 40*.   Just what I've heard.

keekee

Thanks guys but I don't feel a bit better this morning. This just plain sucks!

They were cold but not froze at all, all I checked was a few on the top then fixed the socket and let it start to freeze again. They didn't smell bad but I am afraid that it will take a couple more days for them to freeze all the way threw again. That will be what hurts, there is so much fur in there that in order for it to all thaw out it had to be off for several days.

I'm going to contact the insurance company, never thought about that.

Brent

Todd Rahm

Sorry to hear that Brent.  :sad:

iahntr

Dang Brent, really sorry to hear that ! That would be sickening!
Hopefully they either are OK, or ya get the help ya need from your insurance company.
Scott

DirtyDog

Sorry to hear Brent.....I know you have been busting tail all season. I hope it all works out for ya.  :wink:

Troy Walter

Sorry to hear that Brent.

wv_yoter

That stinks Brent , hopefully everything turns out O.K.
Jason

Kuipdog

Thats a real bad deal. We had a deep freeze come up bad at our resturant and had to throw out several thousand dollars worth of food, we did not want to risk anyone getting sick. I know how you feel. You might get lucky and not have to much loss if you got them plugged in and frozen pretty quick.
Sorry you had such bad luck
Kuipdog

George Ackley

Brent , if they where still cold, i say they are still good .I don't think they will slip  ,  it's happened with me and some deer capes but they were fine...
look for a alarm to put on the freezer
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Carolina Coyote

Sorry about the loss Brent, sure hope the insurance will help out.  cc

Bob D

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how you feel.

possumal

That is plumb pitiful!  I sure hope Jim is right about the insurance company helping. It looks like they would since it affects your income. I don't blame you for being sick. Just thinking about all the work that went into those furs would make anyone ill.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

securpro

Brent, sorry to hear that.....,  :sad: The same thing happened to me a few years ago with alot of meat and a half dozen beaver hides. I recomend you get a low temp sensor for your freezers they work with an alarm system if you have one, if not they can be used as stand alone devices. If you need help please let me know as I use them quite frequently for computer rooms and and monitoring temps on vacation homes for alot of my customers. They are not that expensive compared to whats at stake. :rolleye:

Joe
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro