• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

MAJOR LOSS! Up date 2/25/08

Started by keekee, January 22, 2008, 12:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailbender

Hope it works out ok for you Brent. 

keekee

I ordered two low temp alarms this evening! I'm going to wire them into my shop alarm system. And hope that this takes care of the problem. I also talked with the Insurance lady today and she gave me the run around but the boss wont be in till Friday, Dad is good friends with him...lol...So we will see. I also talked to the tax man!

I also done a re-wire job on the receptacles. I took them off the daisy chain and ran new wire and receptacles, hooked them right to there own separate breakers in the shop. A little late but better than never!

I had all my packaged deer meat in the bottom of one of the freezers in bags, I would be afraid of it now, and there was two wire baskets of fish lost as well.

I wont know for sure what the loss is until the fur buyer gets here in Feb.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Brent

HaMeR

You know I've been thinking Brent. As bad as this really is for you,,, the shop didn't burn down. Electrical fires are all too common & I am certainly glad you didn't lose your whole shop!! I wish this wouldn't have happened at all but I'm also very glad this is all the worse it ended up being. Not trying to be a dick here. I'm just glad it wasn't any worse than this. Good Luck & I hope you can recover it all!!  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Nelson

Brent,
Several years ago I left  an expensive machine (several thousand dollars) on all night and burnt it up.  I just got busy and forgot to turn it off.  When they
replaced the machine, I had them run a wire to a light socket outside the door.  Now when the machine is on the light is on and very noticeable.  If you can
run a wire from  the freezer to an outside light bulb this would let you know immediately if freezer is not working.  This in addition to the freezer alarms
should be fool proof.  When you come home you just glance to see if the light is on and know everything is ok if it is.  Just another idea that might help you.
I have been using some of those curly-Q light bulbs 24/7 and they have been lasting over a year.  Good luck.

Nelson

HaMeR

Those curly Q light bulbs last forever it seems. We're well into our 2nd year with the one at the back door.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

keekee

Nelson,

That's a good idea! Thanks! I will do that!

HaMeR

I was thinking about that the other day. It could of been allot worse for sure. My Grand dad built that shop years ago I'm am glad as well that it wasn't worse than it was. I can see some changes coming as soon as it warms up.

Brent

R Buker

Sorry to hear that Brent.

Your insurance company should compensate you for any food lost in the freezer but not likely any of the furs.  The coverage is often termed, "Refrigerated foods."  Not "refrigerated items."

Still, it never hurts to ask.

Good luck with it.

Randy

KySongDog

I am hoping for the best for ya, Kee.  I know the feeling you had. That sick feeling in the gut.  Lets hope it turns out OK and you didn't lose any of your hard work.   Sounds like you got a shot at saving everything.

Semp

awh

Sorry to hear this Brent. I know from reading the trapping threads you have a lot of fur and to think it could all be gone really does suck.
If the insurance policy states "foods" like Randy said, just explian that your going to the LBL and Bop is going to be hungry..... :innocentwhistle:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

DirtyDog

Quote from: awh on January 23, 2008, 03:05:43 PM
just explian that your going to the LBL and Bop is going to be hungry..... :innocentwhistle:

Ouch.......that one's gotta hurt.......I can already hear a "bite me" coming through the hills of Tennessee. :eyebrownod:

songdog

Dang that really sucks.. I hope everything turns out ok.. You might want to have a dedicated circuit for your freezers.. Take care , dave

keekee

Just to give you all the final results. Total loss! :rolleye: Not one fur that was any good! :sad: Hole season down the crapper except for 5 Mink and 7 coons that were in one of Musses freezers, and a few Beaver.

But, it just wasn't meant to be I guess. Might just make me drive harder next year to do even better!

I did set up a alarm system on both freezers, but that don't help much at this point. But will be ready for next fur season!

Brent

Silencer

Sorry to hear you couldnt salvage any.  Good to see your spirits are up !

Nelson

Next season will be better and make up for your loss.

Nelson

Bills Custom Calls

Sorry to hear that. Better luck next year
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Yeah that sucks. I dont know what I'd do if my beaver rotted.

Ok....that was just wrong.  :doh2:

I got a feeling with this new deal your taking up you'll be back in the fur business fairly quick though.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: keekee on February 26, 2008, 12:23:13 AM
Just to give you all the final results. Total loss! :rolleye: Not one fur that was any good! :sad: Hole season down the crapper except for 5 Mink and 7 coons that were in one of Musses freezers, and a few Beaver.

But, it just wasn't meant to be I guess. Might just make me drive harder next year to do even better!

I did set up a alarm system on both freezers, but that don't help much at this point. But will be ready for next fur season!

Brent

Sorry to hear that, Brent.  I had hopes that most of your furs would come through OK.  You've got a positive attitude and that says a lot about you as a man.  Never give up, never quit.  It will all work out in the end.

Semp

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Sorry to hear it too!! I was hoping the bottom of the pile would at least be good.   :sad:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

possumal

You'll end up winning Brent.  You've got the right attitude to fight the tough battles.  Sorry this one went wrong.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff