• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

MAJOR LOSS! Up date 2/25/08

Started by keekee, January 22, 2008, 12:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Thanks guys! Its hard to keep a good spirit with a loss like that, I figure some were around $2500-$3000 in just the coons.

I will be able to write the loss off on my taxes though. But that done mean much...lol

All you can do is just keep plugging along and take what ever life deals ya!

QuoteI got a feeling with this new deal your taking up you'll be back in the fur business fairly quick though. 

Ya, it looks good right now but there wont be allot of fur that can be sold, some will but most wont. But the rest of the deal is good! :eyebrownod:

Brent

vvarmitr

Man, that just makes me heart sick.  I was so hoping you wouldn't lose any & ya lost the whole bunch. :sad:

Well, in line w/ what you said ... next year when you trap the motherlode you'll know the freezers are up to the task!  :wink:

iahntr

I was thinkin about this the other day, thought maybe things turned out differently for ya.
Really sorry to hear it Brent ! Just curious what the insurance company told ya?       Scott
Scott

studabaka

What can I say  :confused: a sad sucky deal for sure .....  :wo: hey, they got these things called fleshing beams and stretchers  :puke: ooops  :hahaha:

I'm sure next season can't get here quick enough to get that taste out of your mouth...... but your right..... stuff happens and all ya can do is learn what ya can from it and keep on trucking...... and of course, put up with wise cracks from your buddies  :readthis:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Brent,

Like everyone else I am really sorry to hear this.  Even writing it off on your taxes won't make you feel much better.  Hang in there and maybe next year you won't have all the water crests and falls to fight.  That way you can find that elusive Otter toilet. 

Jerry

frshwtr

i too was hopeing that you would be able to salvage some of the fur; i know at the present things look grim. well at least we know there should be better days ahead.

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

nailbender

That's too bad Brent! Glad you're keeping a positive attitude.  I lost a couple rats and a badger that way, got behind on putting them up, but nothing like you're talking.  Live and learn I guess.

keekee

Well, we been beating the idea around on buying furs next year. And working a local kid full time skinning and fleshing, and putting up furs.

I took out a big blower here at work today. I think I am going to run some wooden trunks in the skinning shop and mount the blower to dry furs and keep them cool when needed. I pulled some plans off the enet today, and sent them over to dad, I think he is going to take the job on....lol

I re done the wiring on both freezers, but them on there own breakers and receptacles. Also wired up a flashing light and a buzzer to both freezers.

Next year will be allot better!

Brent

bootmud

Wow, I can't even imagine.  That's a tough loss.

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com