• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FOXPRO-OPHA HUNT

Started by Skoal38, January 23, 2008, 10:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenside

OK, That explains it.

No not much calling. Just got back last night from  8 days in your area.  Meant to look you up, but between going to Luke to  fly a F16 simulator,, driving to Hoover and  Vegas, then down to Laughlin and exploring the Bullhead city area(I  heard it's a good spot to spend the winter. Loser might have some winter company in a few years  :innocentwhistle:)  visiting  the school where my daughter's teaching,......I ran out of time.  Next time I buy lunch.

Dennis

Skoal38

Thanks to OPHA for the info.  It turns out that $2770 full retail in swag bought first place billing.  $1660 wholesale if you don't count the 24 Foxpro hats.  Or about $1500 manufacturer cost.

NASA

Quote from: Skoal38 on January 24, 2008, 06:38:22 PM
Damn Tom, I hope those guys got more than a free hunt with Byron

Lol, you realize of course, that some people would sacrifice a testicle for an opportunity like that. :eyebrownod:  Now, who the fugaw you?  :confused:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

I sure hope you don't miss that testicle too much NASA........ :biggrin: :yahoo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

keekee

Why? He dont use them anyway! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Brent

NASA

Hey Bopster, bite ME!! :laf:    And Kee, after adding six more pie holes to the world population I think my tentacles have served their useful purpose and have earned retirement.   :yoyo:

J.Holly

Quote from: Skoal38 on January 23, 2008, 10:22:17 AM
The next time I'm involved in any hunt-seminar business I'd like to have a better handle on exactly how much we can get from predator huntings best sponsor, so we don't sell out for punk change.  So here's my question.  Exactly how much money does it take to get the sponsor's name in front of the event title?  I mean, does FOXPRO-OPHA cost more than OPHA-FOXPRO?  Give me some dollar figures.

Well, It probably is a good thing that you HAVEN'T been involved in our hunt/seminar then. Why come to a different board to ask such a question, when you could go right to the source. NASA, I don't think you have to worry about him losing any testicles, cause it is painfully obvious that he never had any anyway. Run to a different board to hide huh? If you have a problem with the way something is done, work it through. Maybe we have reasons for doing something. If you aren't in the know on something, why take sucker punches? Come over and make yourself known.

It is clear to me that you are having a problem with Byron and Foxpro. Why drag the OPHA into this? Do you know anything about the OPHA? Are you a member? I can answer honestly to both, and say "No!" If you were, you would know that it isn't about the money, the OPHA didn't receive any money at all. The club is what the members have made it. The members are towing dead weight like yourself around. I believe I know exactly who you are. Next time you have a beef with someone, go to them. Don't come onto a board and attack someone else, (meaning me and the OPHA), who is completely innocent. You sir have made an enemy for life, and I will gladly meet you anytime and place to straighten this out from our point. I have poured countless hours into making the club what it is, and something that our members can be proud of. I don't need an ignorant a-hole to come in from the wings and try to start crap about it.

At no time have I taken a stand for Rich, or for Byron, or for Foxpro. I don't know who did what to who. I don't care. I think that these men are the ones that need to work it out between themselves. I see where you state you were in Mesa when this occured. I guess you know more than I do, but it still seems like all you are getting is the tail end. Rather than keep crap going, stay out of it if it doesn't concern you. I bet you don't get concrened with your neighbors bedroom habits do you? It is a private matter, let it be.

Radd4

I will tell you as the hunt coordinator of the OPHA I made the decision to name the hunt what it is.  See I know something skoal does not, I know how to conduct business.  I run 2 television channels in my market and understand the value of marketing.  I went through intense negotiations with several different companies to be the premier sponsor for our annual member's hunt.  It was not just FoxPro, it included companies like Budweiser, Lowrance, Academy and Bass Pro.  The final deal was struck with FoxPro, would you have grip about it if it had been Budweiser?  And why do you care since your not a member of our club?  This is a get together for people who want to be members.  When we first formed our club I asked Jim if I could post our hunt here, and he graciously let us put it on his calendar.   As for the speakers I was very honored for Rich, Tyler and Les to come to our hunt and speak but in the business world sometimes things just don't work out.  Rich called me and told me he wanted to withdraw for this year and I understood.  He was very nice about it when he called me and I appreciated it.  I can assure you there is  no problems with Rich and the OPHA as he is a moderator on our board.  I have made plans for him to be a speaker at next year's event when it is more convenient for him.  I have had many conversations with Rich and he has never expressed any problems he has with our hunt or us.  As for Les he pulled out because he had to attend another event.  We never took them off the lspeaker list, they asked to withdraw on their own.  So I wanna know skoal what the hell is your problem?  I am not gonna be as easy about this as Jeff has,  I spent over a 1000 hours this last year handling all the detail of putting this thing together, and I take it personally when some uneducated goof mouthing off about something he has absolutely no clue about.  If you got something to say about our hunt or you want to talk to me bring it on.  I don't hide behind fake screen names and roaming IP's to say what I have to say, I will tell it to your face .  I will be at the hunt in Poteau if you would like to discuss this further.
Rus Gaylor
918-282-6830
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran
Remember to thank those who are serving our country and the families of those who have died to keep you safe...Our Troops, Police and Firemen deserve our thanks"

Radd4

Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran
Remember to thank those who are serving our country and the families of those who have died to keep you safe...Our Troops, Police and Firemen deserve our thanks"

Skoal38

Rus, you clearly stated my point better than I ever could.  You put in over 1000 hours on your gathering and then gave Foxpro first billing.  It is an OPHA event.  You sold out cheap.

When the weekend is over and you've cooled off and rested up,  the organizers should sit down and do a post-mortem to discuss what went right and what went wrong, especially if you're considering doing it again.  Most of all, it appears you need a clearly stated purpose for putting on the event, one that benefits the members.   One goal at which you clearly succeeded was providing a platform for your sponsors to merchandise their wares, and I'm not so sure the club wanted to do that.  It appears that they got their money's worth.  Did the OPHA?  You also need to discuss the number of people who stayed away because you turned it into a "Foxpro" event.  There are quite a few.   I've heard all your speakers a couple of times each, so I'm not going to take away anything new about predator hunting.  Actually, all these guys who are going to talk are selling stuff and are better suited to retail venues like Bass Pro and Cabela's.  Nevertheless, I'm sure it will be a great social gathering.  When we all get together next week, you won't even know who I am.  I'm just going to nod and smile and drink another Bud.

Thanks to Jim for this forum.  The OPHA doesn't need any more grief on their own site.  They've got other fish to fry.   And FnF is under no obligations to the membership or pressure from the seminar sponsors to ban posters or delete posts or make entire threads disappear.

Radd4

not worth it
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran

coffee437

"It is an OPHA event."

Then why do you even care? Are you a member?

"Most of all, it appears you need a clearly stated purpose for putting on the event, one that benefits the members. "

I believe that was done, it is meant as a get to together FOR THE MEMBERS to meet other members and maybe learn a few things.

"One goal at which you clearly succeeded was providing a platform for your sponsors to merchandise their wares, and I'm not so sure the club wanted to do that.  It appears that they got their money's worth.  Did the OPHA?"

How do you know what the club wanted? Were you there when the decisions were made? I'm pretty sure you WERE NOT!!!!! If a sponsor can sell a few products at the hunt then why not let them? It gives the members a place to get merchandise without haveing to support Bass Pro or Cabelas.

"You also need to discuss the number of people who stayed away because you turned it into a "Foxpro" event."

I haven't heard of ANYONE staying away because of that,,,,,, :confused:
And if anyone IS that petty, to not go because of a name on a banner, then they have other social and pyscological problems far bigger than that,,,

"When we all get together next week, you won't even know who I am.  I'm just going to nod and smile and drink another Bud."

IF you have the nuts to bless the get together with your presents, it WILL be known I'm sure.

" The OPHA doesn't need any more grief on their own site."

Could you elaberate alittle on that remark? I'm having trouble recalling any grief over there :shrug:

Radd4

Skoal I got ya man, I just found out who you are.  Remember our little saying at OPHA?  "If you start crap on our board you are just a drive away from an ass whipping"  well I found you, I got your alternate email address and know where to find you.  Your service provider was more than happy to help when I told them you were spamming.  I also know your not on the attendee list for the hunt. I wish you would make that drive over for the hunt, but as on our board your just too much of a turd to do it.  All talk and no show.  little hint that I know who you are "I am taking it to a whole new level"
Radd4
Retired USAF
Desert Storm Veteran

J.Holly

To the members of Fins and Fur,

First off, I would like to apologize for this coming to your forum. When this thread was first started, it was started by someone who was obviously disgruntled with a company, and wanted to take a shot at them. What happened was that he insulted an innocent party while he was doing this. I have worked very hard on our board, and I don't want our board to be a part of the crap slinging. I won't stand for it.

The person who posted this dribble is hiding, and rightfully so. I have seen this many times in the past, and only in a few cases has the person EVER disclosed who they were. My name is Jeffrey Holly. I am NOT hiding anything. If you have something to say about me, or my club, stand up, be a man, and do it. Tell us who YOU are. I have some very good suspicions Come over to OUR board. Do it there. Leave it off of fins and fur.

Jim, I know that this next request may be a bit odd. I don't know if you will or not, but could you please delete this entire thread. This is not reflective of the OPHA, and this person has an agenda against a company that is merely helping us out. I don't think this person would have known about the OPHA except for the fact that Foxpro is one of many of our sponsors.

FinsnFur

As expected..... and as with every thread, there's people that agree with it, and there's people that disagree with it. As much as it sucks, thats kinda what makes up a discussion forum. I mean seriously....if everybody everywhere, agreed with everything, whats the sense in having a forum. What's really needed is a documentation site. A site that lists specific information about specific things and is never any different...updated but never altered.

One of my agendas in starting this forum was largely due to the biased censorship that took place on so many other forums.  It's not only degrading, but flat out humiliating when someone is not allowed to post something on a forum that doesn't replicate the staffs feelings or beliefs. Or even posting something that doesnt not directly promote the board being posted on. Heck Radd's even posted things here that did nothing more then promote your site and your hunt. I dont care  :nono: That's what were here for.

I dont agree with a lot of things that people post, but as the administrator you dont see me deleting those threads. You dont see my staff doing it either. This....if I have anything to do with...may end up being the most unbiased forum you've ever joined. Now...I know what your thinking and yes there is a good chunk of the membership here that is anti PM, but you know what?....that does not stop us from allowing PM members to come over here and post stories, calls or even get involved in some of the debates. Actually the number of members that frequent both boards, have the little anti PM group out numbered 4 to 1. So what  :shrug:
You will notice several posts on this forum that contain links to things on PM also..... :shrug: So what? Try to go to PM and do that  :roflmao:

This aint about PM and the point I'm trying to make is I personally would like this place to be unbiased as to what is and what isn't allowed to be posted. People have a right to their opinions, and people have a right to information....as long as it hunting or fishing related. If whats being posted somewhere doesn't go along with your beliefs or feelings, hop in and tell them why. For every person reading that, that your afraid will get the wrong idea, there's 3 more reading what your saying and going the other way. Were all adults, we can read through the BS and usually do.

Jeff I need you to know that I honestly mean no disrespect what so ever. But you joined in November and when you arrived back this month to defend yourself, you had 8 posts under your belt. You clearly do not have any intentions of being a part of this community. But you know what...I do not hold that against you. I'm just saying that it doesnt give you much leverage to ask to have a post deleted. Especially considering the fact the you can count on one finger, the number of posts that have ever been deleted from this place. I'd still buy you a beer if I ever ran into you again....you've done nothing wrong here my friend, so dont take any of this the wrong way.

I know who Skoal is, I also know that he's not making crap up to start a war...he's expressing how he feels about certain things, and he should have the right to. As long as it remains fairly clean and on topic.

Dont ask me who he is, because I'm not obligated to reveal that, and it's not open for discussion. But like I said...your more then welcome to come defend the OPHA....obviously...and I would like to think that my original invite to that hunt still stands.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

Anyone have any coupons for Colgate or Crest Toothpaste?

Gonna be so much biting coming up that maybe we better get to strengthening our teeth............. :laf:

FinsnFur

LOL! you dumbass

:doh2: Oh crap...that was off topic
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Bopeye

We will start with you Jimbo.................... BITE ME!

:thumb2: ;yes;