• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bad news in town

Started by Silencer, February 18, 2008, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silencer

Posting this because this could happen to anyone, we have a 12 year old female that fell into a local creek that feeds into the river.  After all the rain and warm weather, the creeks are very high.  This girl goes to school with my middle son.
Please say a prayer, man this is terrible.

Thanks  Vic

FinsnFur

I couldn't fall into one of our creeks if I tried. Maybe fall ONTO one though.

Hopefully everything comes out ok...we'll be praying. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Thanks Jim, we know who it is, I cant imagine being her parents.

coyote101

We'll be praying for the child and her family. 

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Silencer

They've found here and workin on her at the ER atm.

Nothing like this normally happens in such a small town.
I keep preachin to my own children about the river and creeks.  Lord knows the mistakes I've made there myself.

Girl Rescued from Creek in Susquehanna County

Posted: Feb 18, 2008 06:29 PM EST

Last Updated: Feb 18, 2008 06:30 PM EST

Emergency crews in Susquehanna County were called out late this afternoon for a water rescue in the borough of Susquehanna.

A firefighter said a young girl somehow fell into Drinker Creek near Route 92 just before 5 p.m.  Rescue crews managed to pull the girl from the creek. She was taken to Barnes-Kasson Hospital in the borough.  There is no word on her name or condition.

Newswatch 16 has a crew on the scene and will have the latest information as it becomes available.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Prayers on the way from Ohio.

Jerry

Silencer

Girl Dies After being Pulled from Creek

Last Updated: Feb 18, 2008 07:10 PM EST

A young girl died Monday after being pulled from a creek in Susquehanna County.

Officials at Barnes-Kasson Hospital in Susquehanna confirm that efforts to save the girl were unsuccessful.  The girl was rushed by ambulance to the hospital late Monday afternoon.  A firefighter said the girl somehow fell into Drinker Creek near Route 92 just before 5 p.m. 

Newswatch 16 has a crew in Susquehanna.  We'll have the latest information on Newswatch16 at 11:00.

Not good, my son is taking it pretty hard, not sure how school is going to go tomorrow. 

Thanks for the prayers, the family and entire 6th grade will need them now. 

HaMeR

:sad:

Best Wishes to everybody in that area.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

So very, very sad.   :sad:

My prayers go out to the little girl's family. 

Bopeye

:sad: Wish I had the words........... May God bless that family.....
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

CCP

Prayer on the way.  Keep us posted
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Silencer

They had the news at the school today which I'm not too happy about.  My wife works at the school and they've brought in special consulors for the kids.  I have to pic up my boys at the bus stop soon, so I'm not sure how everything went
today yet.

Here's the latest posted on the news

Girl Dies After Being Pulled From Creek

Last Updated: Feb 19, 2008 11:06 AM EST

By Jennifer Borrasso

A young girl died Monday after being pulled from a creek in Susquehanna County.

Officials at Barnes-Kasson Hospital in Susquehanna confirm that efforts to save 12-year-old Brianna Doucette were unsuccessful.  The girl was rushed by ambulance to the hospital late Monday afternoon.  A firefighter said the girl somehow fell into Drinker Creek near Route 92 just before 5 p.m.

State police said Doucette was with a group of youngsters who were checking out a popular swimming hole.  The trooper said the girl tried to cross the creek on some rocks and fell in.

"From the houses you could hear the water rushing.  It almost sounds like a raging river. It's a terrible loss," said Rob Kelly of Susquehanna.

"She was a nice, friendly little girl. She happened to be in the same class as my children. It's a tragic loss for the community," said neighbor Terese Delaplaine.

Brianna Doucette was a sixth grader at Susquehanna Community Elementary School.

Carolina Coyote

This is a tragedy and our prayers will be with the family, I can't think of anything to hurt more than losing a child, God Bless them.cc

vvarmitr