• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hunt Masters Board?

Started by Todd Rahm, December 10, 2008, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Went there today and this is what I got.

QuoteBoard closed Good hunting. LB

Is LB just working on it or si there something else going on with it?

Greenside

I'm guessing it's gone. LB has taken a lot of shots  lately and is probably sick of the BS.

NASA

He has mental health issues and can no longer interact with people in a reasonable manner.  It's for the best, as he was becoming maniacally obsessive.

bigben

I seen LB was taking a bunch of shots on predator monsters.  and somtimes on his own board.  I guess people do not understand the concept that if you own the board then that owner is the boss.  piss em off and you will get the boot.  some thought it should be ran as a democracy rather a dictatorship.  I thought LB was fair.  never had a problem at all with him
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Greenside

The kettle calling the skillet black.

NASA

I don't think so.  LB would provoke and antagonize people and when they would fight back he would cry foul and claim he was being attacked.  His penchant for "victimhood" was simply a cry for attention.  Hopefully he will get the professional attention he needs.

KySongDog

There was a lot of good info in some of those threads.    Sorry to see it go away. 

Gary in CA

NASA is pretty close to the truth.  LB has spent a lot of time angry over nothing or small somethings and lately been calling his site a "thankless" job.  He was taking a few shots long before I started Snarks and Shreds, but he has always been willing to sling shit ten times harder than anyone ever did against him.

NASA

I don't think the knowledge base will be lost.  The experienced predator hunters that posted on HM were kicked off other boards for their frankness and low tolerance for stupidity.  They were willing to address ignorance and promote knowledge, but rejected stupidity.  These people are still around and will gravitate to another board where they aren't censored, deleted, or threatened with banning on a never ending basis. 

bigben

I seen some of what happened but really did not bother myself with how deep it actually went.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Greenside

I certainly don't feel the need to stab him in the back, which more than likely will happen on a couple of boards, if it hasn't already.

Bopeye

I personally hate to see it go. There were a lot of coyote savvy hunters there, which is something that is lacking on most boards.
I hope LB does well now and gravitates over here.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

George Ackley

this is what i heard, he got a new AR IN 17 Cal, and was going to be getting range time and would be unable to watch the board,,,

maybe :confused:

I always like the guy,                          Internet is a funny place
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

Todd Rahm

Well darn it! Bar all the strong personalities, I really like the type of folks that went there and more so, think it was the number one spot for the best info in th industry (You know unbiased and not controlled or diluted.)

I must have missed the post that lead up to this.

I got more good info from that board then any other when it came to calling and applying it. Maybe I needed to express that a lil more.   :shrug:

Heck LB, just leave the porch light on and step away from it for a while. At any rate I'll sure miss ya HM'ers and hope to read some of your post else where.

Todd

THO Game Calls

Gary et al created a board where under the complete cloak of anonymity, anyone could say anything about anyone with little fear of reprisal and those too chicken shit to "man up" other places took complete advantage of it. 

How typical of what the predator hunting community has become.

So Leonard isn't perfect.   I'm betting he knew that before all those that decided to take pop shots at him behind their manly monster personas decided to tee off on him. 

Over the years, Leonard provided a great board where a lot of folks could speak their minds in a way they would never be allowed to on other boards.   He didn't charge anyone to advertise, he put up with a lot controversial topics and he paid for all of it out of his own pocket.   

His board attracted some of the "best of the best", and it's gone now because of a board that attracts the "worst of the worst".  It is a "proud" moment for predator hunters on the net.

Leonard, if you are reading this, Thank You, for the years of great reading.  I didn't post a whole lot over there because with only 7 or 8 years of coyote hunting under my boots, I'm still a newbie, but I did learn a whole heck of a lot.   Not only about predator hunting, but in the end, about predator hunters too.

Good luck sir.   I hope you have a joyous holiday with your family.  Know that there were some who appreciated what you gave us and thank you for the privilege of having been members of Huntmasters. 

Al Woodard
THO Game Calls

Edited to add - I will donate 100 bucks to the FnF Bank if by the end of the weekend I am not called a Leonard Leg Humper on the Monster.   It's what we've become.  It's who we are.  And it's really really sad.

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Lonehowl

Exactly what Todd and Al said.

To me ,it is/was the best board around, for real predator callers and hunters,period.

Leonard, take it easy and thank you for what you provided for us.

Okanagan

Huntmasters was where the best of the best predator hunters hung out.  Any three of the top hunters there probably had a greater combined total of critters called than the combined total of the thousands on the biggest wannabe site.

They will keep on hunting because they have real lives, rather than Internet imitations.  It is a loss of resource to the Internet because they will probably scatter to several boards.

Leonard seemed like a good hearted, opinionated curmudgeon who ran his site however he wanted.   That worked reasonably well because it was clear, unlike the hidden rules that govern the soap opera gang.

My guess is that Leonard simply got tired of the hassle of running his site, that it became more effort than reward at this stage of his life.  Sniping merely added annoyance near the end.

Gary's site is too rough in language to gain traction with hunting families etc. but it is the only source of straight, unfiltered information, though you have to sift through the invectives.

I like this site because I can relax and talk hunting and fishing.  Enough people come here who feel the same that I can ignore the rest as a side show, rather than have agenda powered tension dominate every post like a ground fog throughout the site.

Regarding the side shows:  has anyone else noticed that the Embarrassed Toad has removed the Faux Preau seller ad from his sig line?  Is that to remove the blatant statement of conflict of interest?  Or is it a sign of infighting among the manipulators?

Leonard, if you read here, thank you for your work and for a site I enjoyed and found valuable.  I learned from many there, and learned several specifics from you.  The quality of hunters who gathered there is a tribute to you that cannot be taken away.

THO Game Calls

QuoteGary's site is too rough in language to gain traction with hunting families etc. but it is the only source of straight, unfiltered information, though you have to sift through the invectives.

Smack dab in the middle of predator hunting season here are the threads started in the last two days on the Monster.

Solid predator hunting info and insight if there ever was any.

HM tits up?
Looks like the psycho-puppy locked the barn and left.

Bearmanric= Whack job?

Pussgut

NEW FOXPRO FURY

And one of those threads was started by a member of this board.  Why didn't he start a similar thread here?   It wasn't because Skeltor thought he could hide behind his Monster persona is is?   Mike wouldn't do that would he?   Browning204?   Nahhhhhhhhhhhh

Or is it because he knows that crap like that wouldn't fly here on FnF or even on HM let alone PM if he could post there.

Even MJM, one of the most level headed guys I've met on the "net" saw it for what it really is.   

Man up or shut up.  But hiding is a kids game.   And hiding to hurt people is evil and just plain wrong.  Even for monsters.

AL Woodard
THO Game Calls

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

R Buker

Quote from: Okanagan on December 11, 2008, 01:04:32 PM
Huntmasters was where the best of the best predator hunters hung out.  Any three of the top hunters there probably had a greater combined total of critters called than the combined total of the thousands on the biggest wannabe site.

Really?  The best of the best?

I can tell you right now that it's not about numbers that makes a person a great predator hunter.  It's about how well you do with what you have in front of you. A hunter in AZ or CA who kills 50 coyotes a year is likely no better than the guy in PA who kills 5.  It's not about numbers.

LB and I mixed it up a few times.  He's too set in his ways to really "Get it."  But, I did like the guy.  No matter how he pissed me off, there was something about him that was endearing.

Randy

Okanagan

Quote from: R Buker on December 11, 2008, 02:35:00 PM

Really?  The best of the best?

I can tell you right now that it's not about numbers that makes a person a great predator hunter.  It's about how well you do with what you have in front of you. A hunter in AZ or CA who kills 50 coyotes a year is likely no better than the guy in PA who kills 5.  It's not about numbers.

Randy

Agree completely.  And that doesn't change my opinion expressed in my post:  the core crew at HM are really good and really know their stuff.

THO, no quibble from me about rabble rousers, but hiding?   There isn't much hiding going on over there, just manditorily different names with little effort to hide who the poster is.  You have connected screen names from different forums, which shows how easy that is to do.