• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hunt Masters Board?

Started by Todd Rahm, December 10, 2008, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NASA

Quote from: THO Game Calls on December 19, 2008, 03:47:05 PM
a bunch of sophomoric morons hiding behind the cloak of anonymity

Yes, they seem to be everywhere, don't they?  What about their schizotypal counterparts on PM?  Daddy Rabbit, White Eagle, and EastCoast Hunter are frantically trying to compensate for their inferiority complex by categorically opposing anything that cannot be classified as hyper-extermist liberalism.  Their fanaticism is no different from the ecaller bashers, the call maker bashers, and the internet celebrity bashers.  With the advent of the internet message boards, these characters now have a platform to spew their hatred of themselves into everyones face.  And the more they are rebuked the harder they cum.  These are the non-typical leg humpers, because they hump their own leg.

KySongDog

Every BIG forum has nut cases.  Go to Knifeforums.com  and see Whine and Cheese.   Here's what it says:

"Whine & Cheese Not for the faint of heart - this forum is where the bastid's come to roost. If you are easily offended, have delicate feelings, sensitive eyes, or a heart condition, STAY OUT!!!!"

Those boys make PM and the monster board look tame.   

FinsnFur

You guys are crazy :nono:
I'm actually impressed that this whole thing didn't spin out of control..

My friendship with both of you is worth far more then you could ever contribute to the Members Bank, and watching you two talk this out civilized like you did is invaluable.

As much as I appreciate it, neither one of you owe the FnF Bank a thing. Actually you both over paid the place already with your display of respect for the forum in this post.
Cancel the bets and have Merry Christmas. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

NASA

Jim, it's not a matter of "owing", it's a matter of "honor".  Al is an honorable man.  Dishonorable people don't hold that quality in any degree of respect.  With this board you have surrounded yourself with folks that still believe that "Character Counts". 

Have a great Christmas with the family, my friend.

Frogman

My Grandpa used to say, "If'en you can't say somthin' nice, don't say anything at all."

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

bearmanric

every one have a great Christmas.  i go in monday to get the heart worked on. there  doing a stint or what ever they find.  get out tuesday then  rest a couple day's. then spend some quality time with my Family. have some great goal's for 2009.  hopefuly every one get's along this week. take care every one. Rick :wink:

Frogman

Hey bear . . .
   Hope that all goes well for you!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

Good luck with the surgery Rick. Hope all goes well with that and you have a Merry Christmas.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bearmanric

thank's guy's. just wishing every one get's along better this coming year. i'm excited going to be a great new year. Rick  :wink:

NASA

THO Game Calls

I see this has been carried back over to the Monster and as usual, things are getting nasty and on the side of being libelous.

Let's clear up a few things,

One, my check is in the mail

Two, Michael McCassland does not have SEVERAL of my calls unless he bought them from someone else.  I made him two calls about 4 or 5 years ago.

As for my not selling calls to him, he, like most on the Monster, only tells the side that makes him look good.   Here's the rest of the story.  I wouldn't sell calls to Michael because he was a Moderator on PM.  The reason for that is two fold.

1) I was strong armed, or at least someone there in administration, attempted to strong arm me into making calls for him, that he would have exclusive rights to, calls that not even I would be able to sell on my own.  I refused.   Why would I sell him calls for 10 or 12 bucks when I could sell all I make for 25? 

He then wanted acrylic calls that he was going to have a sister in law engrave his company name on.  Calls I made, whit his name on.  I said no. 

2) two moderators on PM bought calls from me in the call making forum, and failed to pay even after I had sent the calls. 

One finally paid up, but to this day, the other still has not. 

When a PM mod refuses to pay for items purchased, the members have absolutely no recourse.  If you gripe about it on the open board, the post gets pulled and put in the back room.   

If you gripe about in Private Message, the message gets posted again in the back room

When a vote to ban someone is taken, the very people who screw you over are allowed to vote. 

To protect myself, I simply stopped doing business with moderators on PM.   Now, not all of them were scumbags, and Michael paid me for the calls I sent him before they were even completed.  His honor in that is very much intact.  But there were some who could not be trusted.  One is still a moderator there, one is not.

As for the non hunting thing, that is really wearing thin.   You can do better than that. 

Here is a picture of Dave Bakers first coyote ever, called in by me, in January of 2003.  It was taken with Dave's camera.  I never thought that I would have to take a camera with me to prove I went out hunting.  Interesting.    Especially since most days, at least here in NH, the odds of killing a coyote are as about as good as getting some form of decency out of one of the Monsters.

As for people stealing my call designs, most of that was directed at one individual.  The same individual who used another hunters pictures of killed coyotes with him cropped out of the photo, to promote his web site.   However, there is a call in a collection in Alaska that is an exact copy of one of my calls, that was turned by a PM call maker and posted on E bay for sale.  If it is wrong to take pride in your work, then please charge me as Guilty. 

If Canine wants to give away the call he was given for participating in the coyote calling contest, that is his business.  I dont care.   There is, or at there was, at the time, some debate over whether he submitted a sound he recorded himself or one from one of the Calling in the East CD's.  But, I defended him and he got his call anyway.  For the guy who won the Coyote Calling Contest at the Expo, he has an opportunity to be an ambassador of our sport, but instead, he chooses to make a mockery of it.

Personally, I dont give a rats ass if you like me or not.  I dont care if you want to beat me to death on the "monster" until the cows come home.  The sad fact of the matter is, most, not all, but certainly most of the people who read the Monster take it for what it is.  The land of the banned.  And just like every jail in the world, every one there is innocent.  I got banned from PM for three reasons.  I know what they were, and except for one, I did them all.   I was angry and frustrated for a long time.  But I got over it.   I can't say as I agree or disagree with anything that happens on PM now because I do not visit there.   It's their board, and they can do with it as they please.   I do think that some of the things said about them on the Monster are over the top.  But, the monster is over the top.   Free speech is fine, but if the members there tried to have one of the conversations they have in Snarls and Shreds in a public place, I dont think their rights to free speech would fly.   

At any rate, again, have your fun, and take your shots.  You will remain cranky people who want to pound your chest and make yourselves look important to your meager and idiotic peers.  NASA is right, there are some good people on the monster.   Not everyone there is there for the sport of taking shots at other hunters.     But those that are, well, you have a reputation in the predator hunting community, and it isn't a good one.    That's why a lot of you have been banned from one board or another.   The real problem is, you have not taken responsibility for it yet.  It took me a long time too, but really, in the end, it just isn't worth it.

Jim, please cash the check.  It's a donation to your and this board, and is the least I can do for you're allowing me to have the band width to speak my peace. 

Have a great day and good bye.

AL Woodard
THO Game Calls
Still selling everyone I make, no matter what some people think.
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

coyotehunter_1

THO (AL)  I've said it before and I'll say it again... you will always be a stand up guy in my book. You have to prove nothing, screw  'em !

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

bearmanric

very well spoken. it's the truth. have a great Christmas Al. Rick

Leonard

Well, here we are, just like old times, predator hunters squabbling about the finer details, etc.

First, Jim Champion and I do go back a ways on Predator Masters, until they sacked me as Administrator back in 2001, that is.  Dang, was it that long ago?  He wasn't involved, Jim is a good guy, fair and honest to a fault.

That brings us to the subject at hand, which is legitimate message boards.  Monster may believe they have some noble purpose in the exercise of free speech, but with it comes some responsibility.  Apparently, hiding behind a bogus screen name appeals to a certain element, which then gives them the platform to spout their hostility.  Now, is this really what the hunting community is most in need of?  I believe in free speech as much as the next guy, but it is apparent that there are some that take the freedom and abuse the privilage.  So, this is the motivation, a message board where anarchy reins supreme.

I have been the subject of abuse over there many times.  I thought the owner had changed direction and I tried to participate a little bit, which in hind sight, was a mistake.  There are a few genuinely disturbed people on that board, or perhaps, they become disturbed whenever they log in, and that's the problem.  It started out with some stupid crap called the Blob, which I can't adequately describe the concept behind it, but it allowed anyone to be the Blob, make a post, and then somebody else could be the Blob and make a post expressing a completely different point of view.  Still with me?  Okay, that feature is gone now and they are still tinkering with a few bells and whistles, but the initial discord remains, especially in the forum that they call snarks and shreads.  Just reading some of that vitriol, normal people feel dirty.

Anyway, to get to the point; I would have lost a hundred dollar bet just like THO did.   And, (give me a break) one of their members comes in here to rib Al, as a friend; not as a $hit stirer.  Couldn't keep it over there in that cess pool?  He comes in here, and goodnaturedly teases ol' Al.  Sure.  Whatever? 

Don't allow me to change the direction of the conversation, I'm just saying that THO made what I would have considered a safe bet.  The fact that one of those people didn't actually call him a leg humper is amazing.  Never mind that I hardly know the man, but the way things are on monster, you really expect to see that response, in the same vein as, no good deed goes unpunished.  The "group think" is that if you say something nice about another human being, you are labeled a leg humper.  That should tell you a little bit about the board and the people it attracts, because you truly are known by the company you keep, just like your mom told you years ago.

And, finally.  If we are seraching for a reason why Huntmasters closed the doors for a week or so, I'm not saying, and wouldn't give them the satisfaction, but could you blame me, if it was?  I'd almost be willing to bet another hundred dollars that this will be cut and pasted over there.  Anybody doubt it?   :innocentwhistle:

Good hunting.  LB

FOsteology

Talk and discussions on the various boards regarding the "Monsters" is simply adding fuel to the fire. Leave them be, and without attention they'll eventually implode and feed on one another.

canine

Al, A mockery huh...well first, yes, I would give up that call because of the shit you pulled several moths ago.

Second..I guess I should thank you for sticking up for me, but that sound was recorded on my computer and yes it sounds similar to the one on OUR (Brent and I's) sound CD's. I never knew there was a controversey about it, other than Jim thinking Brent had entered a sound, he's hunted with him and recognized it, well, Brent and I hunt together, we call alot alike, that is where the so called controversy your trying to imply I was a cheater came from.

JD

Rich Higgins

Merry Christmas all.
Al, I've called coyotes in 22 states now and I would like to make New Hampshire #23. That is a beautiful animal in the photo that you posted. Have you heard from another NH caller that used to post as DOD?
Hey JD, I wish a very Merry Christmas to you and your family. Tell that boy of yours HI! from Tyler and me.

canine

Hi Rich!! I wish you all out in sunny Arizona a Merry Christmas too. I hope all is well for you, I'll tell Thane you guy's said hi.

Take care
JD

THO Game Calls

Rich,

Dave Baker is DOD.   He moved to Upstate New York a few years ago. 

A few weeks after Dave shot that coyote, we hunted that spot again, and I called in his first red fox.  He got that one too. 

After that, we started calling that spot Dave's Fur Farm -  I miss hunting with DOD.  We had some good times together and the guy was a hell of a shot and woodsman.   

That area has always been good to me.   The very first time I took Browning out, in the next field up from the one DOD got his first in, Browning204 got his first shot at a called in coyote too.

Nice to hear from you Rich.

AL Woodard
THO Game Calls

Canine, yes, I am ignoring your post.   It isn't worth responding to.  You only show up over here when you want to cause trouble anymore.   The Monster suits you better.  You should stay over there.   

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results