• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Lets see your Christmas tree

Started by cb223, December 23, 2008, 09:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

I thought it might interesting to see everyone's Christmas tree.

Here's ours. Every one in the family has their own ornaments so there is alot of variety on our tree. It ain't the most beautiful tree but with the variety of ornaments it is unique and we like it.

It is a REAL tree, so it has it's flaws. No fake ones in this house. At least not till the kids don't want to go cut one down.

There is alot of home made ornaments on it.

Lets see what you got, post em up!!!

CHAD

weedwalker

Here's our tree. It's a real fake one. :biggrin: Kinda slim pickins underneath it this year too. :sad: I'm starting a new job after the holidays, so maybe next year will be better. :wo:

FinsnFur

I tried cat proofing mine with candy canes instead of ornanments.
:doh2: It didnt help.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

Jim stop lying, thats not your tree.  :shock2: You know your tree is decorated with Bud Light cans, beer tab garland from the 70's, and topped with a paper angel cut from the center fold of a 1982 Playboy.  :sneer: :laugh2:

FinsnFur

If I had my way it would trust me.

Let me tell ya a lil story.
When I first got divorced 11 years ago, the youngest of my three children, living with their mother as a result of the divorce, was  and 2 and half years old.

I picked them up every other weekend just as I do now and we'd do our thing for the weekend before returning them.
For the first couple of years after being divorced, I had no idea how to pull all this off, being alone with three kids, what should I make for suppers, trying to manage the holidays, etc. What if something goes wrong, how do I do this? What do we do? I honestly had no idea. The kids are going to want to know what happen between me and Mom what am I suppose to do, what do I say?

It's kind of funny to look back on now, I mean geez Jim your their Dad, it all comes natural but I had no idea, seriously.

Anyway, my first Christmas after the divorce, still sufferin the blues, I thought we aint having no tree. There's no kids here except a couple times a month, why would we need a tree? They'll come over for Christmas, I'll give them their gifts and we'll keep going.

Kristee being the youngest, and having me completely wrapped around her finger for being so, Started to cry when she seen I was serious and said this was the worst Christmas she ever had. She said, "Dad it's Jesus's Birthday, you have to have a Christmas tree.  She's trying to not look like she's crying, totally maintaining her composure as her mouth contorted and tears ran profusely down her face while she looked me in the yes and said, I'll buy it if you want me to, I got money from Santa at Mom's house in my stocking", as she pulled a $10 dollar bill out of her pocket and showed me.

I dont have to say what that did to me. I seriously felt like my entire insides had been ripped from my body, I couldn't swallow, I couldnt even respond, knowing that I had pretty much trashed her idea of a traditional Christmas as she had known it, and I did it all in the short two days that I'm even going to see and be with her.  :sad:

From that day on, for the last 10 years there has been a respectful Christmas tree put up at my place. Theres an illuminated angel for the top of the tree that remains boxed until they get here, and every Christmas when I pick them up for ours, we walk in and Kristee unboxes the angel, walks to me for a boost up and I lift her to the tree to put the angel in place and hit the power to it, not a word is spoken until that angel is up and glowing. :wink:

Mannnnnn it sucked having to relive that just to type it :sad: :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Frogman

That's a touching story Jim.  You did good sharing it with us!

Merry Christmas!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Todd Rahm

Ouch Jim, I didn't mean to scar ya like that or bring up any bad Santa experiences. I'm really sorry.  :sad:

But I do feel your pain and have a few alike stories with my kids that I remember allot and they do come to mind when I make other decisions.  :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

:nono: It's all good. They put the tree up a lot of the time now themselves, or there might be BudLight cans on it :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

Great story, Jim.  Thanks for sharing.   :thumb2:

BigB

Here's our Christmas tree.  The wife does all of it, and does it very well!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech