• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Ford vs. Chevy

Started by browning204, December 26, 2008, 10:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

I was pulling a Chevy 4x4 dually out yesterday with my Jeep and thought why would someone buy something they cant go off road with. If you have pulled out as many fords and Chevy's as I have through the years this topic would be " Why buy a Ford or Chevy?"  :laf: 

I thought of buying a Ford or Chevy one time and a four wheeler to tow behind it for off roading.After some serious thought I decided to get a combo all in one and for much less. :biggrin:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

Quote from: weedwalker on December 28, 2008, 11:09:01 AM
My 02 Ford F-150 has taken a blast from a 50 cal muzzle loader with a 240 gr HP sabot right thru the dash and it didn't even flinch. That shot would have dropped a Chevy in it's tracks. :yoyo:

:shck:   There has GOT to be a story behind that!    :eyebrownod:

cb223

Quote from: Semp on December 28, 2008, 02:14:44 PM
Quote from: weedwalker on December 28, 2008, 11:09:01 AM
My 02 Ford F-150 has taken a blast from a 50 cal muzzle loader with a 240 gr HP sabot right thru the dash and it didn't even flinch. That shot would have dropped a Chevy in it's tracks. :yoyo:

:shck:   There has GOT to be a story behind that!    :eyebrownod:

I was thinkin the same thing 
CHAD

CCP

Alright weedwalker cough it up we want the story. :mad3:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

weedwalker

Quote from: CCP on December 28, 2008, 02:23:44 PM
Alright weedwalker cough it up we want the story. :mad3:

Me and my 18 year old son (at the time) had gone out muzzle loading deer hunting that morning. We didn't kill anything and came back to the truck. I had already taken the primer out of my rifle and was sitting in the truck waiting for my son to get in on the passenger side. He had not removed his primer cap yet. He had the door open and was messing with his gun. He got his arm hung in a big briar beside the truck. Well.... he went to jerking his arm out of the briar with the barrel pointed into the truck. I was just getting ready to yell at him when his gun went off. The 50 cal instantly filled the cab with smoke and I couldn't see anything. I felt something hit my leg and I was thinking, "he just shot me". I was feeling my leg with my hand in the thick smoke and then holding it close to my face to look for blood. I didn't see any. :whew: It was actually a piece of the copper jacket from the bullet that hit me but all it did was leave a welt.
My son instantly realized what he had done and that he was about to die. I just told him to shut up and get in the truck to go home. I was so mad I didn't want to hear a sound out of him or I probably would've went off on him bad.
I'm just glad he didn't shoot me, and that I was driving my Ford. It could've been worse and I would've had to walk home. :biggrin:

KySongDog

That was one of those "Oh Crap!" moments for sure.   Glad it worked out OK and that your son is still alive!   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Quote from: Semp on December 28, 2008, 03:02:38 PM
   Glad it worked out OK and that your son is still alive!  

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

cb223

That's SCARY !!! Bet your son learned a good lesson, most likely will never point his gun where it shouldn't be.

I guess that proves Ford is king  :puke:  :roflmao:

Buy a JEEP  :yoyo:  :yoyo:
CHAD

msmith

I''m a Ford man, tried and true, I bleed blue. Being objective, since I drive all of the big three at work, They all have their idiots. In a 3/4 or 1 ton, I would say Ford has the edge. In a half ton, flip a coin. Normally I would say buy the one that tickles you the most, but I would also consider the possible fate of GM. Ford is not in as deep of trouble as them. What are you going to do down the line if you need warranty work done?

Mike
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Ford can take over the warranty work, since they dont have any :biggrin:
Who knows maybe it'll make them chibbys last longer :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

msmith

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 29, 2008, 03:33:54 PM
Ford can take over the warranty work, since they dont have any :biggrin:
Who knows maybe it'll make them chibbys last longer :shrug:

Then the Ford dealers would have to hire a whole fleet of mechanics to meet the rush as well as triple the size of thier modest garages. All of this is costly and would put any company under.  :eyebrownod:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Silencer

Neither.. I run a 4x4 Neon w/ studded snow tires that puts a shame to  the best of em  :laf: :eyebrownod:  As long as the snow isnt above 8 inches at a time.

Silencer

I should take a pic of the trunk, Its filled with dekes.  May make the DU mag LMAO !!!!   

Duban

CHEVYYYYYY BABYYYYYY  :yoyo:... FORD IS  Found On Road Dead lol  :roflmao:

HaMeR

:confused: Have you given any thought to chebby's  female counterpart?? 

The GMC.  :shrug: 

:eyebrow:

Grief & Misery Combined.

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

msmith

Quote from: HaMeR on December 30, 2008, 06:26:19 PM
:confused: Have you given any thought to chebby's  female counterpart?? 

The GMC.  :shrug: 

:eyebrow:

Grief & Misery Combined.

Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

BigB

Quote from: cathryn on December 28, 2008, 11:24:04 AM
any of you got 300,000 miles on your ford or chevys?

i know where there are 2 Nissans running strong . with over 700,00 mils combined on their motors.

This '87 3/4 ton Ford diesel has got at least 400K miles on it.  The odometer quit in '99, so we don't know how many actual miles are on it.    :biggrin:  It's been driven through a building as well.  It still runs good, and Dad says it still runs cheap!

Here's our current workhorse.  It's a '99 F250 diesel that just turned 100K miles.  I just love hearing the turbo spool up on it when going through the 6 gears. :biggrin:

We've had an '88 chebby 350 3/4 ton that was configured like the two trucks above, and it was a pulling machine.  Pulling engines on it all of the time.  :roflmao:  It went through 3 engines and about 300K miles before we traded it in for a '97 Ford.

Then we had an '97 Ford tonner with a 460 in it that just drank the gas.  We figured that we got about 4-6 mpg, but it sure would pull the cattle trailer like there wasn't anything behind it.  We then traded the '97 off for the red '99 above.

Here's a pic from a couple of years ago.  My '06 Ford is on the left, the '97 Ford is in the middle, and my brother's old '00 chebby is on the right.  The '00 chebby had all sorts of electrical problems, so my brother got a Ford.

The Ford vs Chevy debate is pretty simple.
It all depends on what you are going to do with the truck.  If you are going to work the truck, then buy a Ford.  If you are going to be on the pavement about 95% of the time, then a Chebby will do you fine.  Dodge isn't even in the picture. 

That's my 2 pennies worth.

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech