• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Silencer and b204's Baseball bet thread.

Started by browning204, April 03, 2009, 08:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browning204

Hi all, Baseball season is upon us, Redsox open up in Boston on Monday. I am a die hard Sox fan and Silencer loves them Yankees.
So as we all know, Sox and Yankee fans like to trash talk each other and wish losses and sometimes worse on the other team.

Silencer and I have agreed to make a bet on the rivalry. The bet is that Silencer says that the Yankees will finish the regular season with a better record than the Redsox. I say hogwash and the Redsox will come out on top of the east.

The loser of this bet will buy a fitted hat for the winner. So I will be forced to go out in public and purchase a Yankee hat or vise versa.

This is the thread (if it is ok with Jimbo) that Silencer and I will keep track of the season and smack talk a little.

Jimbo, could you pin this thread?

Good luck Silencer, I look forward to the new hat. :highclap:
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

browning204

To get this thread of in the right direction:

Silencer

LORDDAL

now you all should have made it the loser buys the winner the hat and then has to post a video of themselves doing Jimbos happy dance on here for all to share the fun  :yoyo:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

browning204

Quote from: LORDDAL on April 03, 2009, 10:11:26 PM
now you all should have made it the loser buys the winner the hat and then has to post a video of themselves doing Jimbos happy dance on here for all to share the fun  :yoyo:

I actually thought of something like that, but if you guys saw my dancing skills, you would all be jealous!

LORDDAL

you sayin you dance better n jim  :roflmao: :eyebrow:
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

weedwalker

The looser should have to post a pic of theirself wearing the winning teams hat and holding a sign saying their #1. :biggrin:

FinsnFur

:nono: It's gonna be a long summer aint it? :laf:
If it ever gets here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

Lmao, I can just imagine doing the FnF rain dance with the RedSux hat on...  I wanna vomit...

browning204

Quote from: LORDDAL on April 03, 2009, 10:55:11 PM
you sayin you dance better n jim  :roflmao: :eyebrow:

Jim had some pretty fly moves!! I have been workin on some new moves here in case of a dance off. I am pretty well known around these parts for my "sprinkler" and "worm" moves!!

Coulter

Well I am a diehard...ahem...Mariners Fan :yoyo: I have to say that even though I consider Silencer a friend I have to join 204 with the Spankmee bashing :eyebrow: I despise that whole franchise...The good news is that my wife is a BoSox fan. Therefore I can earn some brownie points while I instigate a little bit on this thread. Gonna be a fun summer :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh and sorry Vic :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

Steve

browning204

Coulter, glad to have you on board!

I also despise the Yankee organization. How about their new stadium? A clone to the original stadium but with fewer seats. Why fewer seats? Because Steinbrener got sick of hearing about how Fenway sells out every single game but his does not. Well, except when Boston comes to town. So he built a stadium with fewer seats to try to sell out and make it look like his team is as popular as Boston.

He might sell out his stadium now but it has nothing to do with popularity, any one who knows about baseball knows that Boston has a much larger fan base nation wide.

LORDDAL

Quote from: browning204 on April 04, 2009, 03:51:43 PM
Coulter, glad to have you on board!

I also despise the Yankee organization. How about their new stadium? A clone to the original stadium but with fewer seats. Why fewer seats? Because Steinbrener got sick of hearing about how Fenway sells out every single game but his does not. Well, except when Boston comes to town. So he built a stadium with fewer seats to try to sell out and make it look like his team is as popular as Boston.

He might sell out his stadium now but it has nothing to do with popularity, any one who knows about baseball knows that Boston has a much larger fan base nation wide.
well if its a sell out crowd I mean come on serriously how many seats we talkin about here 50 tops  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Silencer

Both teams looked pretty good yesterday for the last pre-season game.  I hate the Mets just as much.

HaMeR

QuoteThe bet is that Silencer says that the Yankees will finish the regular season with a better record than the Redsox.

Well since both teams SUCK   :innocentwhistle: I think you guys need to have a little side bet on the head to head record too. How many games between the two?? 12?? 

Go Red Stockings!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

browning204

I also believe that Redsox will come out on top of all the Yanks/Sox season series.

browning204

Well the Home opener for the Sox got rained out, and boy did it rain!

And right now the Yanks are losing to Baltimore. CC sabathia is not doing to hot.........  :highclap:

browning204

WOW did sabathia crash? Yanks lost big time!

Silencer

Yeah B, that looked like the same old Yanks.. the best pull the bats outta their backsides.   CC had no control whatsoever.

What a day of baseball anyhow, lots of GREAT games on yesterday !!!!

You guys play the make-up game around 4 est right ?  Good luck !!

browning204

ya, Boston is sposed to make up @ 4ish tonight. We will see how it goes. The thing about the Yanks is, they lose and drop weird games, then they surge and scare everyone. I am not gonna count them out until real close to the end.

C.C. Just had some stage fright, he will be O.K.